Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And "spell, spell, spell *oom* -wand wand wand- spell, spell, spell *oom*" WAS compelling gameplay?

All the classes play differently.
    Hmm, going OOM was an indication of something. Tank not geared/talented enough, DPS not geared/talented enough, or you not geared or talented enough. (As a healer). Though I suppose there could be combinations to this. Roll a die.

I always thought the risk of OOM was an indication of lacking something not a need to make everyone spoon with spirit. I'll resort back to my lazy comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You don't HAVE to click the icon to give your party a buff. Blizzard isn't forcing you.

Cutting edge players spend gold on gear. People that aren't cutting edge players don't, because gear costs a lot of damn gold and doesn't stay with you, like mounts do.

All your complaints and cries about "this class should have this, but shouldn't have this, and shouldn't have these buffs, so they need these buffs so that they always need this class" majorly cuts into balance in PvP without doing anything more for gameplay than ensuring that a raid team would bring a crappy mage because they just have to have an int buff.
    Your first comment really didn't provide a point

What gear are "cutting edge players" players spending all this gold on. I don't think I've ever seen a post, comment, or interview where a top team illuded to farming constantly so they could buy a LW crafted piece. (Of which we are basically down to two fillers per tier)

You were spot on though I give zero fucks about pvp balance or effects. That's a blizzard issue not mine. He'll that's a player issue. I guess if more pvp players would have bought more tournament server passes they could have shown blizzard the need/interest to isolate and do better for them. Pvp players already voted with their wallets and the decisikn was "I want cake and to eat it, just not pay for it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Hmm, going OOM was an indication of something. Tank not geared/talented enough, DPS not geared/talented enough, or you not geared or talented enough. (As a healer). Though I suppose there could be combinations to this. Roll a die.
    Back in the old days, that's just how casters WORKED. Gear had crappy stats. Cloth with strength? Sure, why not! Agility plate? In spades.

I always thought the risk of OOM was an indication of lacking something not a need to make everyone spoon with spirit. I'll resort back to my lazy comment.
    Not everyone needs to spoon with spirit, or anything for that matter. They can stack whatever they please. Boomkins can stack agility if they want.

You might suck, but hey, you took a stand for being unique, right? And that's all you would have been doing back in the day before you probably knew better. People were just as terrible back then if they didn't stack the right stats.

Your first comment really didn't provide a point
    Quite frankly, yours didn't either. You want to provide unique buffs you click once per fight because... why? You want your crappy shaman to earn his spot because he can click bloodlust?

If you're finding yourself benched on a raid team and you think it's because they no longer need YOU for that buff... that's... oh, how you say... "an indication of something"

What gear are "cutting edge players" players spending all this gold on. I don't think I've ever seen a post, comment, or interview where a top team illuded to farming constantly so they could buy a LW crafted piece. (Of which we are basically down to two fillers per tier)
    They buy them/craft them as soon as they can. People sink thousands of gold on BMAH heroic items. Why do you think people were bitching about rep grinds and charms? Because they're hungry for gear, want it as soon as possible, and will spend a lot of gold on it, but thought that such things were "beneath" them and thought they needed it for nothing. And these were people that are RAIDERS. Not the "unwashed casual masses"

You were spot on though I give zero fucks about pvp balance or effects. That's a blizzard issue not mine. He'll that's a player issue. I guess if more pvp players would have bought more tournament server passes they could have shown blizzard the need/interest to isolate and do better for them. Pvp players already voted with their wallets and the decisikn was "I want cake and to eat it, just not pay for it."
    If I only cared about PvP, I could say "fuck your misguided sense of 'homogenization,' I want balanced PvP" and you'd have absolutely no ground to stand on.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-08-19 at 06:04 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It's so engaging its exactly the same for every tank! Did you even understand or know the meaning of the subject line?

Paladin, aoe, keep up buff
    Warrior, aoe, keep up buff
    Death Knight, aoe, keep up buff
    Druid, aoe, keep up buff
    Monk, aoe, keep up buff

Oh, I forgot about the dump buttons

Are you a fps class? Spam spell, wait for proc, cast spell on proc, go back to primary spell. Mingle in long cool down spell which is often on a messed up timing due to haste. Repeat.

Actually, you can nearly say the same for every healing class too.

This is what I was talking about. Nothing about "easy" but boring and indifferent. It fails to keep a player engaged and doesn't offer too much interest to new plates given the competition out there.
    I tried responding properly, I'll just write you off as a clueless noob for your "aoe keep up buff" comments. That and your inability to understand theres more than one factor involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    The issue here is as content got easier to see, while production times for endgame remains unchanged. Blizz needs to either turn up the difficulty or tune down the length between tiers.
    I vote for turn up the Difficulty plz !!. Like hit that dial so hard that it litterally spins around 50 times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you a fps class? Spam spell, wait for proc, cast spell on proc, go back to primary spell. Mingle in long cool down spell which is often on a messed up timing due to haste. Repeat.

Actually, you can nearly say the same for every healing class too.

This is what I was talking about. Nothing about "easy" but boring and indifferent. It fails to keep a player engaged and doesn't offer too much interest to new plates given the competition out there.
    And how it was different from TBC or WOTLK?
    Holy paladin in BC (early) - FoL + some HLs, late BC - downranking HL with haste. In LK - Holy Light + sacred shield + beacon.
    Enh shaman in BC - Stormstrike and Earth shock.
    Destro warlock in BC - Shadow bolt.

If anything, current rotations are much more complicated and the tools more varied than in BC.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-