Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes they are. They did it when they released The Burning Crusade expansion. They did it again when they released the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. And yet again with the Mists of Pandaria expansion. Any other questions?

(and fwiw I enjoyed Cataclysm more than WotLK as an expansion because I felt like cataclysm was a great expansion for raiding, so in my book it was also a good expansion but I leave it out because general consensus is that it was not).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC?
    Um, well, there are multiple factors there, not all of which are in their control. Expansions as "sequels," so to speak, prob have no better power than a movie has to live up to the original or a player's first expansion. You can't overwrite or upstage nostalgia. I'm sure they do their best to try to make an awesome expansion each time without trying to be too redundant on theme.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Lol the people who think TBC was the best needs to take of their nostalgia glasses, including the OP.
    MoP shits all over TBC when it comes to quality, in all areas.
    Well that is a crock of shit. I highly doubt you played in BC, when ever you see the term "nostalgia glasses" you know that opinion should be discounted, as in crumpled, pissed on and burned. It may be hard to burn because of the urine, so maybe swap the order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Lol the people who think TBC was the best needs to take of their nostalgia glasses, including the OP.
    MoP shits all over TBC when it comes to quality, in all areas.
    No. There used to be an excitement in wanting to access content others couldn't. You don't have that anymore. BC was the best expansion by far, numbers were normal, leveling wasn't as easy as it is today, getting your first flyer was the greatest feeling, then finally getting that 5k gold for epic flying was an amazing feeling because not everyone had epic flying in that era because back then 5k gold was still alot. Stuff was hard to get, there was challenge, and that's what is ment for a game, to be challenging, not "because you play you can do this and get that, etc." You had to work hard for what you wanted. The sense of accomplishment was far more a greater feeling than it is in WoW nowadays.

Maybe but I can guarantee that the majority of posters on here will trash talk it and say it isn't as good as TBC.

I think TBC benefits from being the first expansion. That's the main reason people enjoyed it so much IMO.

By the time WotLK rolled around, the game was already getting old. Regardless of how much actual content and how many good features are added in an expansion, TBC will always be considered the best by the people who enjoyed it. You can't match the feel of TBC because the game was young then and old now.

Objectively, TBC did not add more content than the other expansions. It certainly wasn't any more balanced than the other ones. Was the story more interesting? That's subjective. Was it more fun? Subjective.

I liked it. A lot. But I honestly think it's mainly because WoW was newer to me back then. But I also quit halfway through TBC and came back in the middle of WotLK and it felt just as new. I've been playing nearly non-stop since and the game feels dull as a result. But that doesn't mean the expansions are bad. It means I'm burnt out. Honestly, I may have played so much WoW by now that no amount of time off would make it feel fresh again.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-08-19 at 02:45 AM.

WOTLK was an amazing expansion. I think ICC was handled poorly right at the very end, it should have been on the same scale as Deathwing, and Arthas' death should have either been avoided or have caused other major repercussions in terms of the Scourge. We just swapped Lich King v2.0 for v3.0. Ner'zhul corrupted both Arthas and Bolvar, you can hear his voice right at the end of the video where he says to Tirion, "now leave, and never return". That's Ner'Zhul's voice changing.

All this to say, we swapped LK for LK, same deal.

Everything else was amazing. I loved the Vrykul, I loved the Drakkari Trolls (JAW DROPPING DUNGEON ART), Storm Peaks and Titan stuff, Icecrown Glacier was kind of weak, didn't really do much around those gates that felt like a real battle, TOC I loved, just great. Resilience changed in PVP to no longer affect crit rating, new gear options to acquire gear besides raiding, Wrathgate in-game video.

If they can make something on that level, without screwing the pooch right at the very end, we might have a winner.

Idk. I think MoP was actually pretty a solid effort by wow, but I think adding SO MUCH solo content is a detriment to an MMO...especially when they do things like removing group quests, etc...is that really the purpose of an mmo? To complete a bunch of solo content? Why not just play a single-player game? :P Fundamentally, I don't think I like the direction wow is going and while I still play, am gravitating towards other mmos offering me amazing content.

I think they should start planning WoW2 and have WoW go f2p by xpac after next. Do some massive, massive graphics upgrades, etc. But really graphics aren't the reason wow is losing subs...I don't know what that reason is though.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-08-19 at 03:16 AM. Reason: finished sentence :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm was and is my favorite expansion so far.

"Well that is a crock of shit. I highly doubt you played in BC, when ever you see the term "nostalgia glasses" you know that opinion should be discounted, as in crumpled, pissed on and burned. It may be hard to burn because of the urine, so maybe swap the order."

This post deserves a permaban. Or at least a one month time out. Not even CLOSE to needing anywhere NEAR that amount of verbal abuse.

TBC is getting so much praise only because it was first expansion and did many things better then they were on original WoW. But for content best content was WotLK and now MoP.

Blizzard's only put out one expansion that I'd say was bad, and that was Cataclysm. TBC, Wrath and MoP are great.

I dont think TBC was even the second best xpac, i think WotLK was the best by far, and i think MOP was ok could have been better if they made it easier to catch up with alts and got rid of all the dailies, Cata wasnt too bad either i enjoyed having 5 mans to do unlike MOP, TBC i didnt enjoy at all.

I honestly think anyone that says "omg TBC best expansion of the universe" is just a bunch of bandwagoning wow players that probably started playing during wrath but want to be hip. TBC was horrible, rep grinds,pain in the ass attunements, heroics while fun cause they were challenging, would become a grind and eventually burn out especially if you were one of the few trinity classes in your guild. I'll take my casualcraft thank you very much.

Deleted
    TBC is and will forever be the best expansion, it was played out well when it comes to the lore, raids was epic and PVP as baaaaaalanced woo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't tell which posts are sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemus View Post
    TBC is and will forever be the best expansion, it was played out well when it comes to the lore, raids was epic and PVP as baaaaaalanced woo!
    What? Did you and I play the same expansion? :P

Capable of finally making a good expansion? Like, MoP for example?

I think after MoP Blizzard is in a better position to make an expansion than ever. The only thing that could go wrong is if they don't continue to expand on all the cool things they introduced in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW.
    TBC was great compared to vanilla but shit compared to Wrath and beyond. The game has been getting better with every expansion, but if you've played since TBC then the game is pretty damn old for you now so naturally you're sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Are... are you actually asking US about YOUR opinion?
    Fucking bingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying BC, Wrath, MOP, Cata weren't good?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

The TBC rose-tinted-glasses syndrome very clearly illustrates what excessive gaming does to the brain. Long-term memory really goes southways, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    MoP was a decent expansion and I have high hopes that they will make an even better one if the theme is right, the Panda theme kinda held MoP down imo.
    These, i totally think that MoP lost a lot of people because Cata wasn't good at all, and the theme of Panda didn't help the people to get worked up for the next expansion