Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    MoP was fantastic in my opinion. Beautiful scenery, a LOT of good lore, raid-wise it was okay I guess, but the amount of bosses in these tiers make 3 day raiding a bit harder than it should be, but, eh!

Over-all I think MoP was at TBC standards. Can't complaint.

Look! Another person who thinks Subs are dropping because of how good an expansion is....

Listen brother, YOU ARE WRONG.

The subs keep dropping because the game is getting old, outdated compared to everything else.

Blizzard can add 10000 new features and Subs will still drop because is the same game.

You and 99% of the ppl here just dont understand it.

Calling expansions bad and stuff when they are filled to MAX with content and features.

You simply dont understand and obviously never will.

Have a great day.

FYI: MoP is a great expansion and not because I think so, just because I know how to see the content, lore, features which obviously you CANT see or understand.

Its just too obvious you dont understand what you are talking about.

No offense, really but think twice before writing the same thing a lot of other players like you write.
    Last edited by Xeh.-; 2013-08-19 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeh.- View Post
    Look! Another person who thinks Subs are dropping because of how good an expansion is....

Listen brother, YOU ARE WRONG.

The subs keep dropping because the game is getting old, outdated compared to everything else.

Blizzard can add 10000 new features and Subs will still drop because is the same game.

You and 99% of the ppl here just dont understand it.

Calling expansions bad and stuff when they are filled to MAX with content and features.

You simply dont understand and obviously never will.

Have a great day.
    The game was already old when it was still growing in Wrath.
    It didn't cross some magical age barrier in the few months between the end of Wrath and the beggining of Cata that caused the downward trend in subs.

Just because something is filled with features doesn't make those features fun.
    If it is fun and rewarding people will want to play it.
    If people don't want to play it, it is because it isn't fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    It didn't cross some magical age barrier in the few months between the end of Wrath and the beggining of Cata that caused the downward trend in subs.

Actually, he could be right. 1 year after the release of Cataclysm, Skyrim was released. And it's not just Skyrim (I'm just giving Skyrim as an example to a game that most of the WoW playerbase played, and if they didn't, they should). People saw what the game could look like and started being disappointed. I see his point, not sure if it's right or not, but I do see it.

Millions higher than it's closest competitor is dying yeah...it's following the normal trend of MMOs, it reached it's peak and now people are starting to leave. Some of them are just tired of the game they've played for TEN YEARS, some other issues. Wowcrendor thinks the game will balance out around 6-8 mil, me I think 4-5 mil.

At any rate, I actually think MoP is the best WoW has ever been. I have been loving this expansion more than any other time I've played WoW.

Mop > Wraith > TBC > Vanilla > Cata

That's how I rank the expansions and I've been around the one year anniversary. Looking forward to the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    WotLK was the best expansion and the Golden Era of WoW, but MoP is actually quite cool, I like it! But, want to see the next expansion and I hope it's as awesome as WotLK was!
    Wotlk only had one of the best raids ever. Other than that it wasn't that good. While there were some nice unique encounters in ICC and ulduar, the expansion was tainted with rehashed naxx and then TOC later on. If you consider wotlk as the golden age of wow then you must not have played TBC at all. The best encounters ever in the game were during TBC. As well as the legion having a better story. Wotlk brought us the most famous villain in wow lore which is why a lot of people enjoy it but it was far from quality outside of ulduar and a few icc fights.

It was not old compared to the online video game industry. Or the MMO industry.

And let me change your words a bit: "If ppl dont want to play its because they been playing it for too many years already", so like I said: they got bored of WoW itself and no mather what Blizzard does the subs will keep dropping until WoW finally ends its cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    Actually, he could be right. 1 year after the release of Cataclysm, Skyrim was released. And it's not just Skyrim (I'm just giving Skyrim as an example to a game that most of the WoW playerbase played, and if they didn't, they should). People saw what the game could look like and started being disappointed. I see his point, not sure if it's right or not, but I do see it.
    Comparing WoW to Skyrim is a tough sell. First of all there have been prettier realistic games than WoW since WoW was first released, nothing new here. Some people like realistic graphics some people like stylized graphics this has been the case since day 1 and not a new factor. Sure some people will pick the realistic graphics due to personal preference but that is nothing new.

It all comes down to fun, plain and simple. Some people can't have fun if the graphics are bad. But I don't think that represents a significant number of players simply because the graphics have always been bad, you know what the graphics are like when you start playing and I don't think you would quit and play another game if the other game wasn't fun to play despite having great graphics. If somebody goes to another game it is probably because they are having more fun in that game than they were in WoW, plain and simple.

I think they made a mistake chasing Cataclysm with Mists because it was a theme that took a lot of people by surprise, and a lot of people weren't willing to give it a chance.

However, I think that they pulled the expansion off in exemplary fashion, and expect that they will continue to expand on the successes and learn from the failures of Mists, resulting in an even better (if predictable) 6.0. I believe that, while not without it faults- just like every single piece of content ever produced by anyone ever- Mists has been one of the most accessible, challenging, and widely enjoyable expansions Blizzard has ever produced.

I expect, therefore, that the next expansion will be good as well. Blizzard has a pretty damn good track record, you know.

It was not old compared to the online video game industry. Or the MMO industry.

And let me change your words a bit: "If ppl dont want to play its because they been playing it for too many years already", so like I said: they got bored of WoW itself and no mather what Blizzard does the subs will keep dropping until WoW finally ends its cycle.
    So how many years is it where they cross this magical barrier of being too long? If they got bored, it is because it was boring. If a game continues to be fun, people will continue to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    Millions higher than it's closest competitor is dying yeah...it's following the normal trend of MMOs, it reached it's peak and now people are starting to leave
    Exactly. Stop arguing over this.

- - - Updated - - -

So how many years is it where they cross this magical barrier of being too long? If they got bored, it is because it was boring. If a game continues to be fun, people will continue to play it.
    The "magical barrier" depends on how long each player is willing to play a single video game.

For me that "magical barrier" is the last day of WoW and I been here since Day 1.

For most of ppl is when they get bored of the game itself, not because of how good the content is even thought it also matters.

What im trying to say is simple: WoW is old, most of online gamers already tried it and/or played it enough.

Deleted
    Majority of people on these forums still play so the expansion is "the best they ever made" and the loss in subs is because "the game is old"
    Cataclysm had a drop in subs because Dragon Soul was so long and Mists had a drop in subs because many people HATED the asia/monk/panda theme, Mists is great gameplay-wise but the theme just sucks. There is korean mmos dime-a-dozen if i wanna play and look at some stupid ass chinacrap. I sure hope that they can bring some epic setting for next expansion.

If you ate waffles every day for breakfast for 7 years because you love waffles, and you did try to spruce them up with different toppings and flavorings and tried to plate them differently and present them differently, they are still waffles, and eventually, you may want to try something that isn't waffles, or you may find waffles boring because you are sick of waffles. This does not mean that waffles are bad, that there is anything wrong with waffles, or that other people who are not you should not be enjoying waffles.

It also doesn't mean that the people making waffles need to start making pancakes instead because you are sick of waffles. It also doesn't mean that everyone will be sick of waffles after the same amount of time-- some people may get sick of waffles much faster, others slower, and some not at all (bless their hearts).

I'm not sick of waffles, but I've personally taken a few breaks from waffles when I do get sick of them, or I try to add something else to my breakfast menu like bacon and lean on that for a little while when waffles feel boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If you ate waffles every day for breakfast for 7 years because you love waffles, and you did try to spruce them up with different toppings and flavorings and tried to plate them differently and present them differently, they are still waffles, and eventually, you may want to try something that isn't waffles, or you may find waffles boring because you are sick of waffles. This does not mean that waffles are bad, that there is anything wrong with waffles, or that other people who are not you should not be enjoying waffles.

It also doesn't mean that the people making waffles need to start making pancakes instead because you are sick of waffles. It also doesn't mean that everyone will be sick of waffles after the same amount of time-- some people may get sick of waffles much faster, others slower, and some not at all (bless their hearts).

I'm not sick of waffles, but I've personally taken a few breaks from waffles when I do get sick of them, or I try to add something else to my breakfast menu like bacon and lean on that for a little while when waffles feel boring.
    I've been watching this thread closely but haven't commented on it yet, but I've got to say that is the best response I've ever read here. Thank you for that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

ITT op pretend his opinion is fact

ot i think mop is one of the best expensions ever made

in wtlk you had toc and 1 year of icc which made it less favorable, however mop isnt over yet so we will see
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI: MoP is a great expansion and not because I think so, just because I know how to see the content, lore, features which obviously you CANT see or understand.

Its just too obvious you dont understand what you are talking about.

No offense, really but think twice before writing the same thing a lot of other players like you write.
    LOL. Thank you. I needed a laugh at the end of my day. Your irony is much appreciated.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Exactly. Stop arguing over this.

- - - Updated - - -

The "magical barrier" depends on how long each player is willing to play a single video game.

For me that "magical barrier" is the last day of WoW and I been here since Day 1.

For most of ppl is when they get bored of the game itself, not because of how good the content is even thought it also matters.

What im trying to say is simple: WoW is old, most of online gamers already tried it and/or played it enough.
    And what I am saying is that if they are bored, it is because the game isn't fun for them anymore. If they have "played it enough", that means they no longer feel that there is anything new or exciting enough in the game to warrant them to continue playing.

If the game continues to get new content, new challenges, they keep the game fun then people will continue to pay and continue to play. If they cannot satisfy certain subgroups of players those players will cancel.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rob Pardo has been working on this expansion since they released The Burning Crusade.

It is going to be the best expansion they've ever made. They've had 10 years to hone their skills, perfect the music, bring interesting and fun mechanics to players, build up a universe through quests, raids, dungeons, scenarios, and books. They've developed powerful characters, significant in power and uniqueness, and presented the players with a world that continues to impress, inspire, and ignite war and friendly (and unfriendly) player interactions. They've spawned a culture around them; fed it with an almost obsessive care for quality, a passion for creating fun and special opportunities for people to enjoy, and invited their fans from all over the world to celebrate both the game and their own friendships and hobbies.

Blizzard Entertainment will deliver with World of Warcraft X5, whatever it's called, not because it'll be the final fight against (Insert Titan/Old God/Queen here), but because they know the capabilities of their studio, the players, and online entertainment. I know that whatever they produce, I'll be buying it.
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

Deleted
    They already did. Depends on what do you like...
    But expectations rise as time goes on, we need even better. They have more experience, lets hope they can use it.

Personally I wish we would need cc again in 5 man instances and even scenarios. All the trash are about aoe now I get bored after 2-3 runes. Also after reaching raid ilvl, you no longer really need to go to 5 mans. Are they only made for the first week of the expansion? Challanges modes won't solve it. They only give cosmetics and you can't use your real gear. That doesn't feel like progession at all.
    This was my biggest problem with MoP, also Cata. Some instances might be hard, but they don't require you to really use the spells you have. They are only useful in pvp...