Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think their doing a fairly good job, but theres is in no way possible for them to make an expansion that fits everyone, ppl will complain no matter what they do

If they make it hard ppl will complain, to easy ppl complain, even with 4 raiding difficultys ppl will still complain

10+ Year Old Account
    well MoP has by far been their best expansion content wise, the theme wasn't for everyone, i agree, but the content has been fantastic, the pace of it too! i have faith they can pull it off again, MoP style content with a darker theme would be amazing!
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardnonentertainment View Post
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    Your title implies they never have made one but yet your posts contradicts your whole title...

Just because you don't like how WOW has turned to allow for more casual game play doesn't mean the xpacs are bad.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

You mean like TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

BC was a good expansion. WotLK had a few good moments, and overall was a pretty decent expansion. MoP is a good expansion. In my eyes they really only made one bad expansion, so... ya.. I'd say they have a solid chance at releasing a good expansion... again.

No I don't think they can make a good expansion

Deleted
    Ha, its funny OP cause if (assuming youre not trolling) werent so ignorant you would know that 1) Many people think TBC was best due to nostalgi, rose tinted glasses 2) MANY people did not like TBC all that much 3) A lot of people actually enjoy MoP and say its a good expansion 4) MoP is infact quality wise a much better expansion that TBC, again, nostalgia.

Also, haters express their opinions much more than people who like something and if you had the means to find out, I am sure you would find that the majority of players actually enjoy MoP, probably even more so than TBC, due to casuals getting to see more content than in TBC. And casuals make up the majority of players.

And, I cant stand it when people go on about sub losses and sub decreases and bla bla, do you have any sources? Only Blizzard has the exact numbers and other numbers may or may not be reliable. And although subs have decreased (im not disputing it) it will be because of other reasons not "the game is getting worse".

That being said, if TDB is legit, im totally looking forward to it, as im a total fan of Deepholm, Vashjir, and Old God lore ;P

15+ Year Old Account
    MoP imo turned out to be one of the beset expansion Blizz ever made for WoW and it surpasses BC on so many levels (I've been playing since Vanilla as well). Yes BC was great when it got release since we didn't really knew anything else, it did felt epic, but MoP and WotLK comes toes to toes if not beyond BC in my book for various reasons. And yes Blizzard is capable of making good expansion, they proved it in the past, present and they will in the future. Just my two cents!

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW. Do you still think blizzard can make The Dark Below atleast nearly as good as TBC? Since Wotlk the number of subscribers is in steady decline. This is due to many reasons but one of them if not the most important is that the game simply keeps getting worse.
    If for you "good"="TBC", then no.
    Also "finally" implies the previous expansions weren't good, which is false with the possible exception of Cata, is false.
    This, coupled with your number of posts and nickname, looks a lot like a troll.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

People claiming MoP is a solid expansion....then how come WoW has been bleeding subscriptions all year and is now even lower than Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Citation Needed] on the golden era and this supposed majority of people who played then that think so. I played in BC and I would drop WoW in a heartbeat if they went back to that mindset--I did in Cata and I'll do it again if need be. TBC was grindy trash, looking back.

The sub numbers are already at quite a very low point. Now if TDB will be similarly bad to MOP it might be the downfall of WoW forever.
    I can almost cut the subjectivity with a knife. MoP's the most fun I've had in WoW in years and I'm loving the return of things like world bosses and rewards for going out and exploring (like BoA ilvl 450 weapons, lore records tied into a faction that plays out major moments in Pandaria's history, greys that vendor for a pretty penny, rare mobs with fun vanity items, epics, and blues, etc.), and Blizzard finally hunkering down and making an expansion where the faction war has visible and overwhelmingly negative effects on the land and native populations is a nice breath of fresh air after an expansion of getting patted on the ass for being a mass-murdering sociopath just 'cause the guys I killed wore a different tabard.

So do you think Blizzard will do their best this time and make and awesome expansion to try to raise the subs number as much as possible? Or do they just dont care anymore and are happy with current number of subs ?
    I think they'll continue to do what they've done in 5.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, and 5.4 and put out their A-game with new content, new types of content, top-tier raids, and content available at multiple levels of difficulty and commitment requirements to avoid going back to the days of feeder guilds, rampant guild poaching, and people quitting the game over burnout from being forced to constantly reattune new members and/or guilds breaking up on fights like Kael and Vashj.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

If they can keep making consistently good content like they have in MoP, I think they will keep putting out good expansions. Btw the title makes it sound like they haven't put out any good expansions, which is flat out wrong. Everyone has a different opinion and people have their favorites, but everyone can agree that at least one of WoW's expansions has been good.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    You still don't even know if TDB is the next expansion or not. Why not just call it TNE instead (The Next Expansion).

Anyway, in my opinion, MoP is the best expansion yet. The music is superb and the zones have had an amazing amount of detail put into them, there's lots of stuff to do and nothing is blocked off to anyone. If TNE is on par with MoP or better, I'll be a very happy MMOchampionusernumber.

I also have to agree that TBC is my least favourite expansion ever. The outland sky is still cool though. Actually...from my most liked to least liked, it will go something like this.

MoP - WOTLK - WoW - Cataclysm - TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    People claiming MoP is a solid expansion....then how come WoW has been bleeding subscriptions all year and is now even lower than Cata.
    Pay-to-play as a business model is rapidly dying in the Eastern markets and people were put off by seemingly-mandatory daily rep grinds on release. Beyond that, any attempts to pin it on any one thing is as futile as trying to generalize an entire continent with one stereotype.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

OP I will paypal you money for that account that you're posting on. pm me

Also wotlk was the best expansion until ICC came out and it just became sitting in Dalaran all day. TBC was probably the golden age of WoW but Vanilla had such good feels. who knows
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2013-08-18 at 06:01 PM.

The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW.
    Pretty sure WotLK was a lot more golden then TBC. 5-mans were better with their own unique art and theme, unlike the TBC ones. With the raids its basically the same thing. While TBC has Karazhan, which is amazing, they still have too many raids that simply rehashed their art from 5 man dungeons. SSC = Steamvaults, The Eye = Mechanar/Arcatraz, Gruul = generic cave, Maggie's Lair = Blood Furnace, Battle of MH = just Hyjal that already existed, with some bases added.

The majority of people who played since tbc or earlier agree that TBC was the golden era of WoW.
    The majority of people I've talked with that startedin Vanilla has had a bitter aftertaste of TBC ever since. I wasn't a fan of it either, and I still don't get why people praise it so much, even less WotLK at that.

MoP is in my opinion the best of all the expansions, it is the only one to not have made some kind of big flop, and it sure looks like it isn't going to make a flop anytime soon either. In my opinion the next expansion has A LOT to live up to.

WoW =10 years old game , what do you expect? sub model is dying , how many games still have sub ? Mop is better than Cata for sure ...also this is the age of mobas

Deleted
    The problem with MoP isnt size of content, but more like that the Asian theme is boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axylum View Post
    Well most of us on the forum are still playing aren't we?
    Eh, no not everyone. I still play a starter account a lot, but my actual account has been closed since the end of Cata. No it's not because I don't enjoy the game anymore, just lot of other stuff came up and I redirected my funds.

Anywho, even though MoP wasn't the greatest I feel like it made a LOT of good changes, so overall, it's still a good expansion...