Assassination DPS Help

hello guys,

im having problems with the opener, Sim craft showing that im able to pull 350k burst dps. but in real case im pulling 190 - 240 k dps (depends if i crit and get extra CP)

server kazzak , name: ismad im not allowed to put links atm

i know im messing weapon enchant.

also for horridon i feel that im useless , cant do good dps on the adds.

Moved to a new thread. Carry on! -Mugajak
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-08-24 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sirmo7 View Post
    hello guys,

im having problems with the opener, Sim craft showing that im able to pull 350k burst dps. but in real case im pulling 190 - 240 k dps (depends if i crit and get extra CP)

server kazzak , name: ismad im not allowed to put links atm

i know im messing weapon enchant.

also for horridon i feel that im useless , cant do good dps on the adds.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k/Ismad/simple < for people's reference

Are you opening with mutilate/ambush > SnD > mutilate > Rupture then popping your CDs? You also might be capping energy or wasting combo points, which would really mess up burst. LFR weapons and missing the t15 4 piece certainly don't do you good service with burst, though.

Also Horridon is a pretty bad fight for rogues because of all the target switching required. The best you can do is tab between targets and keep ruptures up on them while making good use of Marked for Death (use it to put rupture on big adds, use it to envenom on smaller adds - do not use it on horridon at all except during the final phase). You can do well, but you'll never really match the add damage of multidotters.
    Last edited by whathump; 2013-08-24 at 07:46 PM.

thanks for reply

i was using muti>rapture>muti>SND>pop cds>muti>envenom,
    but yesterday i followed this guide and used muti>SND>shadow blades>muti>rapture>muti>vendetta>envenom

i dont use ambush tbh.

also my avg dps is around 110k, shadow craft showing 120k, SIM craft showing 121k.

thanks for reply

but yesterday i followed this guide and used muti>SND>shadow blades>muti>rapture>muti>vendetta>envenom

i dont use ambush tbh.

also my avg dps is around 110k, shadow craft showing 120k, SIM craft showing 121k.
    That part is outdated I believe. It was for back in t14 when the 4 piece gave you 24 seconds of Shadow Blades.

Sims don't take into things like your over all raid damage. If you parse lower than your simmed dps it could be because your over all raid damage is low and it's taking you longer than it should to kill stuff. The faster you kill things the higher your dps. Also I see that you're using the shadow pan trinket still which has a huge proc at the start but then depending on when you kill the boss will have a huge sway on your dps. For instance if you kill the boss before getting another proc compared to killing the boss right after a proc will give you a big change.

Also for burst it requires for a lot of things to be lined up like for you to prepot, have both trinkets proc, have 2 dancing steel procs as well as be in heroism for you to reach those high numbers so if you're opening and your raid is saving heroism for something else your burst is going to be a lot lower. And if you aren't pre-potting your burst is going to be a lot lower as well since you didn't say you did that. But really most of the burst that the sims show is for everything possible dps boost you can think of to be up at once and if you aren't in that situation then your opening burst is going to be a lot lower.

thanks again for reply

ok whats the best way to open the fight?

and if there is small tricks to maintain good dps for long fights .

thanks for reply

i dont use ambush tbh.

Getting 10k below your sim isn't that bad, especially since the sim doesn't take fight mechanics into account. Best fight to look at that kind of thing is Twins, and even that can be a bit off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Getting 10k below your sim isn't that bad, especially since the sim doesn't take fight mechanics into account. Best fight to look at that kind of thing is Twins, and even that can be a bit off.
    I hate that fight. Their hit boxes are pretty small so sometimes when the fire chick runs out then back in she'll be just slightly enough out of position that it looks like I'm still in melee until I notice the red text flying across my screen. The twins and those banshees between jin'rok and horridon both need bigger hit boxes imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    I hate that fight. Their hit boxes are pretty small so sometimes when the fire chick runs out then back in she'll be just slightly enough out of position that it looks like I'm still in melee until I notice the red text flying across my screen. The twins and those banshees between jin'rok and horridon both need bigger hit boxes imo.
    Twins are fine imo. Use your dbm/bigwigs + redirect to get in some nice 4-5cp ruptures on suen in the first phase, Shadowstep/other speed increases if they are a lil bit away from eachother since you most likely wont use the speeds on anything else. Normal that is. Hc would depend on the tactic i gues.

High uptime on your envenom + Rupture is a good place to start. With the opener it also depends on trinkets. 8sec into the renataki with both DS proccs with shadow blade does some nice dmg for one.

Currently at 521 on my rogue, (no 4set bonus, hc renataki though) did on oondasta min. envenom crit: 208k, max crit: 652k. Proccs means alot. (agi is beast!). Use an addon such as weak aura to track proccs.

Being 10-15k off sim is not bad. Sim considers perfect conditions on positioning. Doesn't take into consideration any running around that may be needed.

Horridon is not bad. Pop Vendetta each time between gates until they open and adds come out. Then focus on just the bigger adds. I usually rupture at least 2-3 of them, including the Dinomancer. Keep rupture up on 2-3 adds, dps down the bigger ones only since they have the most hp and allow you to get a good amount of poison hits going. I tend to stay within top 2-4 on horridon. You can get a good amount of dps on between gates.

And like i said, the little adds with small healthpools usually die to aoe or other attacks anyway. I focus on just the bigger adds. Shamans, bears etc.
    Last edited by ascari; 2013-08-27 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Meant to say Vendetta, not MfD.