Question Rushing Streams: HST healing itself? (5.4 PTR)

On the PTR i have noticed that, with the Rushing Streams talent, my Healing Stream Totem will sometimes heal itself - i even confirmed this through the combat log, where it says that HST has healed HST for "some number".

I noticed this issue on my Enha shaman, so i do not know do Elem and Resto's Rushing Streams suffer from the same issue.
    I also do not know will the HST try to heal other totems in it's range.

Luckily this issue seems to happen only when there are no wounded people in range of the Healing Stream Totem, but people who use the Glyph of HST (damage reduction) will be displeased to know that HST will be "buffing" itself instead of your teammates when everyone is at full HP.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-08-20 at 10:39 AM.

That has always been happening with all smart heals. They changed it in 5.3 to "Healing abilities and spells which automatically pick targets now follow consistent rules for targeting logic. Targets with lower % health will be preferred, and players are weighted more heavily than pets.". However, it will sometimes heal minions and other random things that somehow drop below 100% health. As an example, here is targets of my HST glyph buff for H Lei Shen last week.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1480&e=2111

It somehow managed to heal freaking Demonic Gateways 7 times and Wild Imps 4 times. At least it did hit the primary tank almost twice as much as anyone else.

maybe because it wants 2 targets, and when you're by yourself, you and the actual totem are the only targets it has.

I thought HST was able to hit the same target more then one time if still was the best target for the smart heal, You are on 10% health while questing and drop a HST with talent and t15 2p shouldn't it heal you 3 times per tick?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    It somehow managed to heal freaking Demonic Gateways 7 times and Wild Imps 4 times.
    Hehe, looks like smart heals aren't as clever as the term implies.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I thought HST was able to hit the same target more then one time if still was the best target for the smart heal, You are on 10% health while questing and drop a HST with talent and t15 2p shouldn't it heal you 3 times per tick?
    Nope, the point of the multiple heals per tick is to spread it around to multiple targets - none of the other aoe smart heals (WG, CoH, LoD, Chain Heal, etc) work the way you suggest either. Just imagine if chain heal healed you 4 times because you were the only target around, HAH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Hehe, looks like smart heals aren't as clever as the term implies.
    The Gateways being heal cuase they changed it to act like a Pet, so other players can kill it in PVP. Smart Heals should just Ignore Pets/Guardians. Most of these have a 90% AOE dmg Reduction and ive never seen pet being killed in a Raid if the player didnt leave it Taunt on or was the last thing on the bosses Aggro list during a Wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I just tested this. It heals you once, and the second heal + t15 2p heals goes on the totem itself.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If it prioritizes players over pets/guardians, and it heals a pet/guardian as such in your logs, would that not mean that the entire raid was topped off when it ticked a heal?
    Yes, but it also means it wasted the glyph of HST buff (damage reduction) on a totem or a equally irrelevant non-player target.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Yes, but it also means it wasted the glyph of HST buff (damage reduction) on a totem or a equally irrelevant non-player target.
    I think wasted is the wrong word here. there was no chance that a player got the heal so you didn't missed the buff at all. that it puts it to the totem is irrelevant as the totem is lowest priority.
    it's bad that the buff is linked to the healing as that means if everyone is at 100% using the totem cd for the buff is wasted as nobody will get it. that is the issue. so if you want to spread the buff you have to do it when the group needs some healing right before the high damage situation.