Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Would this make WoW better for raiding or worse?

My thought is... would capping the amount of guilds on one server increase the amount of 25 man guilds instead of a server being full of 10 man guilds.

What are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad idea. Guilds don't exist just for raiding like you seem to think. In fact 99% of guilds don't raid at all.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    all it would do is ruin the ability to have bank alts, as well as start new guilds.. queuing to create a guild is a horrible idea. and also,, who is to say what guilds get to stay and what ones have to be deleted? No. not gonna work in WoW,
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It would be the worst idea ever, i dont want to join a huge guild filled with people i dont like just because i have no choice, it would do more harm then good to raiding imo.

People want the freedom to choose who they play with and who they are comfortable with. All the smaller guilds would have to disband friends and family that have played and raided with each other for YEARS would be forced to join some meaningless giant guild filled with people they never heard of and dont want to play with

Deleted
    That's a bad solution.

Better one is to remove guild perks and levels. That was yet another feature introduced in Cataclysm that did absolutely nothing good for game but caused many issues. Because of some perks everyone wants to have their own guild with as many members as possible that have no real purpose. That's the cause of all guild invites spam that annoys all players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad. I raid 10 man, with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just remove 25 and 10 and just have one raid size on 15.
    Aye mate

Personally, I'd love to see a return to 25 man raiding as the standard, but I think the only way they'd be able to do that is to remove 10 mans entirely. Sure, I get the idea of a 10 man is so more people can experience it with less people around, but the trade off is it feels like a group quest, not a raid.

As for the idea of a guild cap, horrible idea. It would force people into group with others based on nothing other then the fact they can't create a guild without 25 people. Sure, there'd be more people to each guild, but that doesn't mean they're all of a sudden going to be doing 25 mans instead of 2 10 mans.

Absolutely terrible idea and I'm sure you could've figured out many, MANY reasons why if you would've actually thought about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Personally, I'd love to see a return to 25 man raiding as the standard, but I think the only way they'd be able to do that is to remove 10 mans entirely. Sure, I get the idea of a 10 man is so more people can experience it with less people around, but the trade off is it feels like a group quest, not a raid.

As for the idea of a guild cap, horrible idea. It would people into group with others based on nothing other then the fact they can't create a guild without 25 people. Sure, there'd be more people to each guild, but that doesn't mean they're all of a sudden going to be doing 25 mans instead of 2 10 mans.
    10 mans have never felt like a group quest to me. They feel like raiding with friends. 25-mans feel like raiding with a bunch of people that I don't know.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

25 is too many people for me, I prefer 10s. I think any kind of limit just ruins things in terms of social games.

Lack of participation in 25m raiding is driven by a desire for the result with as little effort as possible.
    Pre-shared lockout and loot guilds managed to organise 25m and 10m raiding within the same week just fine.
    So why come the merging did they suddenly complain about how much more difficult 25m was to organise ?
    Because it was not, they instead were trying to shift the blame to blizzard instead of admitting they raided 25m for better gear, not because they enjoyed the format.

Caps on guild numbers will not change that, only forcing mergers into multiple 10m groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Amen to that, hope this happens

Most realms don't have the raider playerbase to support 25 man raiding anymore. It's hard enough to find 10 people raiding at your level with your goals on your schedule. Forget 25.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Most realms don't have the raider playerbase to support 25 man raiding anymore. It's hard enough to find 10 people raiding at your level with your goals on your schedule. Forget 25.
    It's fair to keep in mind that there will be some help coming for that but it will take a while after 5.4 is active. Just a reminder that the realm situation as it is now is potentially about to change and in big ways if not all at once.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No, it wouldn't. There are already large guilds that could run 25 man, but instead they run multiple 10 mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cap on the number of guilds doesn't sound too far.. :\

Deleted
    Would probably change it for worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theoretically, you could cap the realm with social guilds, bank/alt guilds, PVP guilds and any sort of guild you can think of other than raiding guilds. The end result: there would be no raiding guilds at all and if someone wanted to start one, they couldn't.

So, no. It's a terrible idea.

Besides, the whole idea of what a realm is is about to change. Time to stop thinking about the past and make suggestions that fit into the future.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I would personally like to see different raids be 10 and 25 man based on lore again.

Make progression more logical like questing -> normal 5 mans/scenarios -> heroic scenarios -> heroic dungeons -> tier 2 heroic scenarios -> 10 mans -> tier 2 heroic 5 mans -> 25 mans -> heroic 10 mans -> heroic 25 mans.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's fair to keep in mind that there will be some help coming for that but it will take a while after 5.4 is active. Just a reminder that the realm situation as it is now is potentially about to change and in big ways if not all at once.
    It's going to have to be a miracle because out of the 113 guilds on my realm that have managed to beat a boss this expac,
    4 quit in October
    5 quit in November
    4 quit in December
    4 quit in January
    3 quit in February
    8 quit in March
    15 quit in April
    22 quit in May
    10 quit in June
    21 quit raiding in July
    1 guild cleared everything

There's only 10 guilds left, 5 each horde and alliance. All 10 man and all scrambling to fill spots.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?