Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I never get the fuss about reforging. every time i read about it, it seems to say that GC wants to get rid of it. am i reading it wrong?

Yes i do need a side for optimal reforging, but i remember the struggle to get your gear right was a absolute nightmare before that.
    whats the alternative

I am more comfortable about that echo of elements change rather than get shafted on damage from Lava burst.

That has to be the ugliest and most uninspired tier set yet.

Also, damnit at making ele shamans less fun.

I started playing the game with 5.2. I simply don't understand how people think the old armor and weapons look better than the stuff coming out today. There are a couple of cool Wrath Sets and a few good looking Cataclysm ones, but for the most parts the old sets lack so much detail, especially (understandably) the vanilla and BC ones. The modern sets have much higher resolution, cooler effects, and the appearance of depth that most of the older sets do not. As such, I would also chalk it up to a lot of nostalgia. That's the only way it makes sense to me.

Deleted
    Thank goodness for transmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnTwan View Post
    I started playing the game with 5.2. I simply don't understand how people think the old armor and weapons look better than the stuff coming out today. There are a couple of cool Wrath Sets and a few good looking Cataclysm ones, but for the most parts the old sets lack so much detail, especially (understandably) the vanilla and BC ones. The modern sets have much higher resolution, cooler effects, and the appearance of depth that most of the older sets do not. As such, I would also chalk it up to a lot of nostalgia. That's the only way it makes sense to me.
    Well the older sets were more class-based while now are tier-themed, as the guy said on tweet. Look at this one, it's actually pretty hard to say if it's a paladin, a priest or a mage... take a look on the old T6 for example, you could see a paladin or a priest coming from miles away, and there was no way to confuse them.

The last tier (im guessing) and its this ugly??? so far, every single one has been rather disappointing.

it looks like some random armor pieces picked up from old vanilla instances.. 5 man.. before level 60 ... just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by noskillz View Post
    Well the older sets were more class-based while now are tier-themed, as the guy said on tweet. Look at this one, it's actually pretty hard to say if it's a paladin, a priest or a mage... take a look on the old T6 for example, you could see a paladin or a priest coming from miles away, and there was no way to confuse them.
    I don't know man, I think those armory speak to the classes because you saw those classes wearing the armor. I tink the priest gear could easily be Mage or warlock gear. My main is a Shaman and I decided to look at some old tier sets to see if I wanted to xmog in to any of them. I decided I would jut try to finish normal tier 15. I'm a troll, and it looks kind of voodoo-y with the mask and shoulders and it has neat fiery effects (the normal version). When I look at it I see shaman but maybe that's because that's what I've gotten used to seeing a shaman in.

This is legit the first tier where I don't like any of the sets, they're kinda bland and don't really fit their classes well. It's really disappointing after tier 15 which has some pretty neat sets.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    I never get the fuss about reforging. every time i read about it, it seems to say that GC wants to get rid of it. am i reading it wrong?

Yes i do need a side for optimal reforging, but i remember the struggle to get your gear right was a absolute nightmare before that.
    whats the alternative
    It's a PITA, yet another "step" before you can wear the gear you just got. The fact that its pretty expensive isn't helping - I'm sure everyone has /facepalm after getting one upgrade then have reforge lite inform you you got to reforge 90% of your gear.

Blizzard doesn't want to add more things to the shop that are either cosmetic or make leveling a bit quicker simply because they're fucking lazy. Look at the helms they added. $15 for ONE? I've seen maybe....4 people with one. Otherwise everyone I know thinks they should have been a bundle for $15. The reason they don't think it would be popular is because they're basing it off their retarded prices for the transmog helms. They learned they can't bleed players for hardcore dough so they won't bother with more additions other than mounts and pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnTwan View Post
    I don't know man, I think those armory speak to the classes because you saw those classes wearing the armor. I tink the priest gear could easily be Mage or warlock gear. My main is a Shaman and I decided to look at some old tier sets to see if I wanted to xmog in to any of them. I decided I would jut try to finish normal tier 15. I'm a troll, and it looks kind of voodoo-y with the mask and shoulders and it has neat fiery effects (the normal version). When I look at it I see shaman but maybe that's because that's what I've gotten used to seeing a shaman in.
    Good for you. My priestes is wearing the T3 replica and everyone makes fun of her 'cause that set is ugly and poorly designed, but she doesn't care: she was a hipster before it was cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good for you. My priestes is wearing the T3 replica and everyone makes fun of her 'cause that set is ugly and poorly designed, but she doesn't care: she was a hipster before it was cool.
    /highfive.

Horrible set as usual. They can't make a proper one since bulky era started in ToC.

And there is nothing wrong with that. The great thing about all these options is that they are subjective and it's your choice. I just think its a little ridiculous when people say "No one likes the new sets. The old sets are way better. Nostalgia? Ridiculous!" I think people should be honest with themselves when determining where their emotional response is coming from. Is it actually aesthetics or is it other influences.

To note, I think nostalgia is a totally acceptable reason to transmogrify a set and I will like hold on to my tier 15 stuff for ever because, sentimentally, it was my first normal mode, current raid content downed. That's pretty cool to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recolor Tier13 Paladin? oh wait ... the feathers on the shoulders and helm are different. But hey , that's what transmog is for right? covering up all the horrible new tier sets!

Did GC really expect everyone to sit there and do all the math themselves to decide how to best hit the CAPS by reforging? The devs sometimes astound me with their total lack of foresight. I always thought that reforging was a way to reduce the number of armor peices that they had to make, in that a peice wouldn't be completely useless to some particular class.

And the hatred for Alts ... man. What is with the hate for ALTS? IMO Valor of the ancients should stack and JP/VP gear should all be bind on account. It should get easier with the more you have. But then ... I like ALTS, they keep me from getting bored.

Deleted
    Siege of Orgrimmar.
    That is the name of the Raid. Now have a look at the item sets and tell me the big mistake here.

They forgot the theme of Orgrimmar and went for swirly Pandaria Titan-Old God nonsense!

10+ Year Old Account
    What an adorable looking set. On a Draenei, I agree that human is ugh, but MMO champ for some reason always loves the human model.

I hope that I can get my claws on the white/red version. Will look fabulous on a dark skinned Draenei.

btw patch will hit on 10/11 September! source: blizz gamescom (gamona.de)

That set looks like a recolour of the druid t6