2s healer/dps vs healer/dps stalemate... how to make that not happen?

Hello everyone.

I've been playing on the ptr, really enjoying it btw. I haven't actually subbed in... years, so I'm not up to date on the meta in arena, and strategies vs different comps etc.

I've been playing 2s with some degree of success. Especially as a disc priest. However, when my team of me as disc and some random dps come up against another healer/dps team, the game is almost inevitably a stalemate. No one dies, the game last soo long, and is terribly boring. It's to the point where when I see healer/dps I want to just leave the arena cause I know it won't be any fun. I have the same problem when I am the dps of the healer/dps as well.

So anyway, to the main point of this thread, how do I make it so this stalemate does not happen?

Thanks

Deleted
    Not play healer/dps twos?

Deleted
    I don't really know what you would like to hear here, since killing someone in 2s isn't any different than killing someone in 3s, it's often a little harder however (in your given scenario at least). CC chains, forcing enemy CDs and saving your own CDs for said CC chains (both defensive and offensive) are the only "tips" I can give you.

The decision who to kill is quite important too. Knowing which spec(s) are killable with your comp is one more thing. Depending on your dps, trying to train a healer is sometimes even more successful than going for the enemy dps.

To answer your main question though: you can't get around it with a 2x healer/dps matchup. The one thing you can do is playing well and using each mistake your opponents make to increase the advantage in CDs you have available. I guess I don't have to state the obvious things like superior positioning and general PvP skill, though.

Only play healer/dps with dps classes who can reliably kill healers, or have a CC chain long enough to kill a DPS. Otherwise you'll have 15minute games every time you hit another healer/dps team.

Only classes I ever play 2s with as a healer are Mage, DK, Hunter and Feral. Maybe Destro Lock and Rogue too, and even if you do play with some of these classes the enemy team can just turtle and take it to a 15 minute game if they play defensive enough.

If they don't go for kills, you can't get kills. If you don't go for kills, they won't try and kill you. If you're really really bored in a long 2v2 game, trying going in hugely offensive with purges, all your CC, helping on damage as a healer, using trinket offensively etc.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Only play healer/dps with dps classes who can reliably kill healers, or have a CC chain long enough to kill a DPS. Otherwise you'll have 15minute games every time you hit another healer/dps team.

Only classes I ever play 2s with as a healer are Mage, DK, Hunter and Feral. Maybe Destro Lock and Rogue too, and even if you do play with some of these classes the enemy team can just turtle and take it to a 15 minute game if they play defensive enough.

If they don't go for kills, you can't get kills. If you don't go for kills, they won't try and kill you. If you're really really bored in a long 2v2 game, trying going in hugely offensive with purges, all your CC, helping on damage as a healer, using trinket offensively etc.
    I agree with this post, if your getting caught in an extremely long Healer/DPS fight it really comes down to chaining your CC, LOS/Distance burst kills, or working with your healer/dps to push pressure. As a DK I have little to no issue with overcoming a healer/DPS comp my pressure remains solid and the healer wares down. However against a comp such as Resto-Druid/WW Monk a team can just play overly defensive and draw a tie. You will be facerolling your keyboard with a resto druid at 2% health getting off displacer beast while monk slows/stuns/disarms. So again know which class in the comp should be your primary target, keep pressure on, and plan your cc.
    Last edited by saett; 2013-08-23 at 07:41 PM. Reason: incorrect spelling

I though that you were trying to play healer/healer for a second there LoL.

how to beat healer dps if you aren't with a dk:

kill dps

Deleted
    This is the difference between succes playing a comp and succes as a pvper. If you have good comunication with your dps and a proper comp with no significant dr you can set up a chain. Thats why discs play with hunters. Disc also has pretty huge dmg output and is very good offensively, think its a practice issue. I think 2's are gay. And should be removed..

In my experience the best way to kill a healer/dps team as a healer/dps team (Im a ret pally who runs with either MW monk or disc priest) is to focus the dps and make the healer go OOM healing him then switch to healer once his mana is low. this usually doesnt work against resto druids for obvious reasons tho