Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What would be the point? High Elves are already in the game, they just renamed themselves Blood Elves.

Seriously, over 90% of them flocked to the Blood Elf banner, they also control the Elven city and region of Silvermoon.

The remnants of the High Elves in the Alliance are just that, faded remnants.

You wish to play a High Elf? Roll a Blood Elf, the differences are slight, and now with the restored "Light-Sunwell" those difference would start to fade. (Unless you are a Warlock by chance)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Do not worry jealous friends of the Horde!

Your beloved Blood Elves (aka High Elves corrupted) will remain being your favorite and fetish race in exclusive!

Since I doubt Blizzard listen now to the people who spent years asking the High Elves for the Alliance. Also, admittedly, WoW is already in decline, regrettably is too late ...
    Man, get a grip. This ain't the RP forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    What would be the point? High Elves are already in the game, they just renamed themselves Blood Elves.
    Because depending on how much you care about the story and/or which faction you like to play on, high elves are very much not playable (and people who care about what their character looks like over their character's stats is not a small number, just look at the success of transmogrification). The story acknowledges the importance of Alliance high elves way more than it does gnomes. Why are gnomes playable and not high elves?

The High Elves that survived the scourge attack are the Blood Elves,they chose a different path,they are now the Blood Elves,they continue to live,evolve and struggle as a race on Azzeroth.

The very small percentage of high elves that did not join the Blood Elves,are just a hand full of individuals that disobeyed the order and law imposed by Lor'themar and their nation.The high elves in the alliance are like the rebel human pirates that helped the Horde go to Vashj'ir on the boat.

Your High Elves ARE the Blood Elves,they just chose a different path.

blue said they were unhappy with pandaren being both factions so it's safe to say it won't happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Because depending on how much you care about the story and/or which faction you like to play on, high elves are very much not playable (and people who care about what their character looks like over their character's stats is not a small number, just look at the success of transmogrification). The story acknowledges the importance of Alliance high elves way more than it does gnomes. Why are gnomes playable and not high elves?
    That's to bad then I guess. I want to play a faction of Night Elves allied with the Horde, I don't have that choice though. The majority of the race has taken up the Blood Elven banner. Disagree with it all you want, that's how it is.

I also doubt enough Alliance High Elves exist to make any sort of serious faction.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    As much as I love poking holes in the rationale of players who want playable High Elves, I don't think Blizzard will add a third variety of elf to the game. It's one of the simplest, yet most persuasive, arguments against the inclusion of the High Elves.
    As far as I can see, the only argument against Alliance HElfs is the degree to which you want BElfs to be seen as special and unique. That's a trait other races aslo share so its an important one.

As an addendum, if you're going to argue for High Elves, at least have the decency to accept they'll be added with the same model as the Blood Elves.
    Giving HElfs a unique model would be doable. It might be seen by some as a suitable compromise.

Are some of you really so desperate to gain playable High Elves that you are willing to entertain the notion that 10 years of political division have somehow produced a physically distinct race?
    No, but in the same way there is more than one body type for human - short, tall, fat, thin, bulky, stringy, strong, weak - other races would also have differrent body types. Nothing to stop them picking a differnet body type for HElfs and using that.

The problem here is that you'd still get calls from each faction asking for the others model so the benefit of doing so would be muted.

EJL

As a horde player I wouldn't mind if the Alliance got High Elves, But as an Alliance player I'd be pissed if we got high elves unless it was a skin option for night elves since it doesn't seem like we would be getting a new race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    The Blood Elves have got allot of love since they got introduced in the game. It's quite clear blizz knows people like this race and they like it as well since they focus on it so much.

They wont shift resources towards the alliance High Elves,it would be like changing the story from the Humans of SW to the ones that build a few houses on the shores of Westfall. That's what high elves of the alliance are now, a very very very small percentage of what's left of the high elves,a small group that refused to use fel magic. The rest of the High Elves,live on,under a new name,they adapted,evolve as a race and in story,they are the Blood Elves.
    Yes! the same old story: the high elves are about misfits who are becoming extinct and that also do not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    That's to bad then I guess. I want to play a faction of Night Elves allied with the Horde, I don't have that choice though. The majority of the race has taken up the Blood Elven banner. Disagree with it all you want, that's how it is.

I also doubt enough Alliance High Elves exist to make any sort of serious faction.
    The thing that's annoying as a high elf fan is that they keep giving high elves screen time in the Alliance, in particular Vareesa, Silver Covenant and other Dalaran high elves. They get more screen time in wrath and mop than say the gnomes or draenei, despite not being playable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry. The Alliance won't be getting High Elves.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Three of my seven Pandaria-level toons are Blood Elves [my Blood Elf Paladin being the only one not 90, but I'm working on him ^_^]. By comparison the other four are two Tauren, one Undead and one smelly Human. I think it's fair to say I am a Blood Elf player, and the only reason I have a single Alliance toon at all was to experience their story, so it's *definitely* fair to call me a Horde player. I, for one, do not mind if the Alliance get High Elves, even though they are an even smaller fraction of a small race than the Blood Elves are. Frankly, I want *most* races to have "traitor" subraces available. I'd kill for a nice Horde Worgen, and I'd even play a Horde Night Elf if I could. Story isn't hard to conceive, *especially* if the character in question is a Death Knight -- Worgen DKs aren't even Gilnean, ffs.

Deleted
    I can think of a hundred reasons to add high elves to the Alliance but the one reason that's been steadily rising to the top is how much it would piss of all these damned haters. I'll laugh for many, many hours just imagining their retarded rage when high elves are finally revealed as a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    High Elves for Alliance. Ogres for Horde. A return to the old Warcraft games!
    Yes, Ogres is something I wanted back when we got Blood Elves and never understood why it was overlooked, it would also have kept the Horde more like the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Call it what you want I 'm just sharring my opinion as a horde player here. I truly would get pissed if Alliance were to get High Elves as a playable race at some point in the game. Despite it somehow fitting the lore I find it very very annoying for 2 factions to share a race model (pandaren do not count for obvious reasons).
    Also if I am not mistaken, according to the lore, the elves that actually remained high elves and still side with the Alliance are very very few are they not?
    Don't know guys it would just really grind my gears to see that happening....
    What's your opinion on the matter?
    (no flaming cause of opinions please)
    Deep healing breaths...

As much as people may went it, I see it as a little bit pointless really. I wouldn't be mad over it, no use in being mad at something like that, though I feel the insinuations some make are a little insulting to the Blood Elves. I can understand wanting them on the Alliance side, but to act like they're entirely different people now, and far enough to be "different cultures"? The separation hasn't been all that long, esp for people who live for several centuries, they are simply a divided people and broken families. If two relatives disagree over a choice someone made or rejected it doesn't make them unrelated or suddenly a whole different culture... Even if they move away they're still your cousins, aunts, grandparent, sibling, or whoever, they're still the same people, even if they have come to disagreement and a split in the family.

Personally I'd rather see them somehow reconcile it at some point, the divided family thing is kinda sad to me. :\
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-08-23 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be very upset if they gave us another race, let alone more elves.
    Like this game hasn't enough of them.

We dont need the most played race on both sides to be blood elves. The updated Human and Night elf female models will look just as good as blood elf females and all these high elf threads will vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Quel'thalas was a massive nation, even with only 20% surviving the Scourge and 10% of those remnants remaining Quel'dorei they should have larger numbers.
    Minor correction, 90% of the entire elven population died and from these survivors 90% became blood elves and 10% remained high elves. Considering all of Kael's army in Outland,every scryer and the San'layn in Northrend used to be part of 15% of the blood elf population, there is still room for high elves to show up.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to make a Blood Elf-only fun item... Blue contacts, makes the eyes appear blue, causes NPCs in Alliance cities to appear to be friendly to you, but can't remove item (buff?) until you leave the city, can't use NPC vendors, etc., and can not attack or be attacked while using the item unless you leave the city (then you're fair game and Alliance can knock the buff right off ya - it's a spy, get him!). And everyone who wants to play an Alliance High Elf can spend their time sitting in Stormwind.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-08-24 at 12:04 AM.

I would be too. I have yet to see what is so good about the famed Blood Elves they just look like weak feminine humans to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    No more races please.