Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Awesome. Hope it goes ahead!

10+ Year Old Account
    Has to be better than Enterprise.
    Hi

I applaud anything new that is Star Trek as long as it isn't prequel and reboot madness. So I'm all for it, no matter how small scale it may begin. Just kick that Harry Kim dude from the cast.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I found out about this yesterday and voiced my concerns on the Star Trek Online forums. I'll echo them here:

It's certainly very bold of them. I'm glad to see known Trek actors taking this on, I think that gives it more substance to the viewers. But, what worries me is that Tim Russ admits that he want it to be "more edgy" ... and on the heals of the lovingly titled "Edgy Darkness" with the latest Trek film, I'm afraid fans will look at it and laugh. But what worries me more is that it will go the way of Stargate Universe... and interesting idea, but so poorly executed and written.

I wish I was in a more financially stable time of my life to donate, because I would certainy love to see something like this take off!
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Has to be better than Enterprise.
    That actually was my first thought... but you'd be surprised how many rabid fans would come to the defense of Enterprise had I said it on a Trek board...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Hmm. Interesting concept, but too much VOY cast members for my taste, I fukken hated that series. Doctor's alright though and so is Tuvok.

I hope they definitely make it gritty cause the clinical-ness of the later ST series were terrible. DS9 to a lesser extent but its a Babylon 5 ripoff anyways but at least a decent one.

Will keep an eye on this though definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

That actually was my first thought... but you'd be surprised how many rabid fans would come to the defense of Enterprise had I said it on a Trek board...
    Well, seasons 3-4 were kinda decent, especially 4. They blew it massively with that terrible finale though.
    Last edited by mmocbbd281298f; 2013-08-25 at 04:40 PM.

Enterprise got really good when Manny Coto took over and got professional Trek writers on board. I never saw the finale though, I knew what was coming and knew it would be horrible so I just pretend it ended prior to that amazing act of suicide.

As for this new endeavour, I hope it works, I like the concept, but it also looks really desperate and fan-fiction like. That it's to be a web series doesn't bode well either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post

Well, seasons 3-4 were kinda decent, especially 4. They blew it massively with that terrible finale though.
    "Riker, get out of the holo-deck and polish my head" - Jean Luc Picard, totally legit quote that definitely happened.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Hmm. Interesting concept, but too much VOY cast members for my taste, I fukken hated that series. Doctor's alright though and so is Tuvok.

I hope they definitely make it gritty cause the clinical-ness of the later ST series were terrible. DS9 to a lesser extent but its a Babylon 5 ripoff anyways but at least a decent one.

Will keep an eye on this though definitely.

The only season that was descent was 3 because of the story arc. And yes... the final episode is wrong in so, so many ways. Forgetting the "ZOMG WE HAVE RIKER AND TROI TALKING ABOUT ENTERPRSIE although prior to Enterprise no one ever heard of the ship, the crew, or "Johnathan Archer..."

I was hoping that the final episode would explain WHY we never have heard of Archer or Enterprise before... but no. Archer is "the man" who made the Federation happen... no face is larger enough for the face palm of this proportion.

"Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds god awful.

How is Chekov alive in Voyager's time frame? Why are the continuing it from the worst of the TNG shows? And why that stupid plot hook?

Make a real new Trek. Go back to what worked. ENTERPRISE, exploration, totally new cast that has chemistry with each other, keep the stupid sillyness at a level equal to or below the new movies, put it on pay cable or Netflix so it can be serialized and adult.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I would love a NEW Enterprise and a story happening a few decades after everything we see in DS9, Voyager, TNG and the movies with the Enterprise-E.
    Basically a brandnew Enterprise-F with a complete new crew, maybe some younger officer from the other series being First Officer as a link to the past and Picard as Admiral but nothing more.

But another quite unimportant sidestory that plays in star trek universe but has nothing to do with original Enterprise... please no! DS9 and Voyager basically only were sidestories but they were decent, then came this weird other enterprise series i dont even know the name of... sucked.

In the end i think the star trek franchise will continue in the new movies which i really like but still sad that the original timelines' story wont be continued.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Yeah i know they're out there, and they are entitled to their opinion but.. i just can't put it behind me. Sorry if i annoyed anyone lol
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    How is Chekov alive in Voyager's time frame? Why are the continuing it from the worst of the TNG shows? And why that stupid plot hook?

Make a real new Trek. Go back to what worked. ENTERPRISE, exploration, totally new cast that has chemistry with each other, keep the stupid sillyness at a level equal to or below the new movies, put it on pay cable or Netflix so it can be serialized and adult.
    1. 24th century technology. As I said upthread, McCoy was still alive at the start of TNG (and for all we know, is still alive) and Chekov is 18 years younger than him. You're talking about a setting where replacing a heart is a routine procedure.

2. Because it's the most recent one chronologically and they're wanting to move forward, rather than continuing the prequel/reboot madness?

3. CBS owns the rights to everything Star Trek, so Netflix is probably out unless you can connivance CBS to allow it.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Voyager and enterprise cast members? Meeeehhh...wait, Chekov you say? The real Chekov Walter Koenig? Oh now THAT is interesting. I'd totally watch a show that feature a ToS cast member as a main character. And Walter is awesome sauce, I loved him in Babylon 5.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    For those "oh so interested" in this, you might have wanted to do a little research.

It's not a series, it's a TV movie, it's indie aswell (very low budget, they're at 45,000ish atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Ayarez View Post
    It's not a series, it's a TV movie, it's indie aswell (very low budget, they're at 45,000ish atm)
    And considering we are talking about "Star Trek", and the cast behind the project is quite famous concering Star Trek, I seriously wonder why the money raising is so low. I am pretty sure the news already hit all Trekkie forums in the world.
    So either they don't believe in the success, they do not like the story, the number of real trekkies is much lower than expected, or there is generally low interest in a new Star Trek series left.

Deleted
    Most likely because after the huge "Enterprise" failure the big TV companies don't wanna touch it anymore, it's a huge budget series to produce and coming up with something new and exciting that will grab the viewers will be hard if not impossible. That ontop of that this kind of scifi isn't popular atm doesnt justify the production cost for most companies.

Don't get me wrong, I've re-watched Voyager abou 15 times alone, rest of the series about the same (some less) and would love to see a new Star Trek series, however, they seem to be focussing on creating movies, easier revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayarez View Post
    For those "oh so interested" in this, you might have wanted to do a little research.

Where on earth did you get this from? Look at the indiegogo page linked in the first post. It says:

As our name suggests, we’re Renegades! We are attempting a bold new concept in television – create a full new Star Trek pilot episode to present to CBS as a possible online or cable series, rather than just pitch an abstract idea to a studio exec and hope we catch him on a good day.
    You don't make a Pilot episode of a TV movie. A pilot episode is a "test" episode of a new series.

You almost have mixed messages where the last show didn't do well ratings wise yet the last 2 movies did pretty good. I think the bottom line people will watch as long as the quality is good. My suggestion would be do a tv series based in the current movie universe but not with Kirk and all. Then make it less ship based so their budget isn't outrageous. Maybe something similar to what they are doing with SHIELD and the Marvel universe.

Deleted
    I would be totally for this as long as.
    JJ Abraham's is in no way associated or has any creative input to it - it should be Star Trek, No Lensflare Trek.
    it is treated as a continuation of the universe created by Gene Roddenberry, and expanded on in TNG, DS9, VOY.

As a MASSIVE trekker, I Absolutely despise what they are currently doing with the reboots. Sure they are good movies, but they are not Star Trek as it should be.
    I really hope that this does get picked up by CBS, as they would have a guaranteed smash show on there hands as the time is right for a new trek series, especially one which is expanding on the existing lore and moving the timeline forward. We have had Enterprise which dealt with the birth of the Federation, We have JJ's screwing up and ignoring nearly 50 years of cannon. Its time to box all that off and give the fans what they want. A decently produced series with people at the helm who know what they are doing.

Not Sure if its been linked,
    http://startrekrenegades.com/home/
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-08-26 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    DS9 was 20 years ago. My smartphone probably has more processing power than the computers they used for the CGI back then.
    that's why they used the physical models in the beginning only later did they start to use all CGI ships....