Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Can you distinquish other nationality's?

I have this Chinese female friend who grew up here (not china) and she went to china for a few months.
    The people there could all see she wasn't a Chinese Chinese (does that make sense :P) However, I woulnd be able to tell u the difference.

Now in europe, u can distinquish spanish people, italian people, scandinavians and balkan people just by looks. But whenever i see a coloured person (be it turkish/syrian/iraki/marrocan, vietnamese/chinese/japanese/etc/etc, Nigerian/central african/zambian, u get the point) i can not distinquish them. Since i can distinquish coccasion, im curious whether it's just because i don't no how to distinquish the other people, or if it's somehow colour related.

So, as a black person, can you see the difference between different african nationality's?
    As a asian person, can you see the difference between different asian nationality's?
    As an Arab person, can u see the diferrence between different arab nationality's?

Where the fuck in Europe can you distinguish people by looks? The only significant difference is the one between north and south. Plenty of foreigners at my dorm and I have no chance at telling where they are from until i hear them speak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Where the fuck in Europe can you distinguish people by looks? The only significant difference is the one between north and south. Plenty of foreigners at my dorm and I have no chance at telling where they are from until i hear them speak.
    Well, it's hard to describe :P I think the hardest to keep apart are: Belgian, French, Dutch, German (although their men are often very metro, so u can distinquish it by that), danish. (but there's also alot of migration troughout the ages so theres a bit of that to complicate it aswell)

Spanish people are slightly coloured, although it's not a brownish tan (compared to the portugeze) but rather a bêge one. Black hair, they kinda look like italians. But italians have a different nose, different eyes, etc.

Balkan people are known to have a square jawline and a pretty big physique, etc etc. It's the small things.

I can spot Balkan people from a mile away, being from the Balkans myself they just stand out in a crowd.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I love listening to people talk in different languages and working out where they are from, i'm quite good at it too I believe.

Deleted
    You do once you start building an eye for it

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Balkan people are known to have a square jawline and a pretty big physique, etc etc. It's the small things.
    Being from the balkans with a not-so square jawline and small physique, I now feel like a chameleon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Not really, no.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Being from the balkans with a not-so square jawline and small physique, I now feel like a chameleon.
    Right there with you my friend hahaha.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

It's not that difficult.

Any way I can see the differences between whites Asians and blacks idk why you have this broken down into only people being able to answer about their own color.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You do once you start building an eye for it
    Yea - i dont think so...

Tell me how you distinguish a Hungarian from a Latvian from a Russian.

Nationalities are tied to cultures. Composure and posture are often very culturally specific. Add to that that the facial muscles are used in a way to accommodate the native language, and you've got a lot of different little features, unique to each nation.
    Race really doesn't have anything to do with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Nationalities are tied to cultures. Composure and posture are often very culturally specific. Add to that that the facial muscles are used in a way to accommodate the native language, and you've got a lot of different little features, unique to each nation.
    No, but the question is basicly, can a japanese pick another japanese out of a crowd full of chinese?
    Can a nigerian pick a kenian out of a crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    So you are a saying not only should a japanese be able to pick out a japanese in a crowd of chinese - but that he should be able to pick out a japanese who grew up in china out of a crowd of japanese...

Deleted
    Yea - i dont think so...

Tell me how you distinguish a Hungarian from a Latvian from a Russian.
    Hard to explain, but living in a multiethnic city and being in contact with many nationalities daily helps. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Hard to explain, but living in a multiethnic city and being in contact with many nationalities daily helps. That's all.
    So do I. And I live with foreigners as well - that doesnt mean i can tell where they are from. When new people move in i can barely tell who is and isnt native.

Deleted
    So do I. And I live with foreigners as well - that doesnt mean i can tell where they are from. When new people move in i can barely tell who is and isnt native.
    Eeeeh ok then I can't recognise nationalities

So you are a saying not only should a japanese be able to pick out a japanese in a crowd of chinese - but that he should be able to pick out a japanese who grew up in china out of a crowd of japanese...
    I can generally pick out Flemish and Germans if I try. Likewise, there are a lot of different cultures and dialect groups in the Netherlands, and it is generally pretty easy to pick out people from different regions on looks alone.

Oddly, I'm not sure how, I can tell the difference between asian peoples. South eastern, chinese, taiwanese, vietnamese, japanese, korean, mongolian, etc...

On the other hand, Black and Middle Eastern, I can't.

Finding an Indian is fairly easy to pick out in a group, they're unique and different from middle eastern and asian.

And with EU vs EastEU, I'm not sure.

... So, at this time and moment, I will indeed say loosely that all middle eastern, black and white people look the same. =P

Deleted
    Yeah, no. You might be able to distinguish the major archetypes. But telling the nationality of a random stranger just by looks?
    Let's do an experiment, shall we. Look at the following pictures and tell me their nationality — there's a French, an Italian, a Spaniard, a Dane, and a Brit.