Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

(Speculation) The Old Gods are Titans

And...discuss.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htfvc88dtQQ

The body parts of the old gods recombine to form the "Final Titan"

Also in the lore interview it was said that saying if the old gods or titans came first would be a spoiler. Why would that spoil anything....unless they are the same thing?

((Changed the title to prevent some confusion. In the future, OP, stay away from misleading thread titles and post something more substantial as "discuss" for your topic. Thanks!)) - Daetur
    Last edited by Babzu; 2013-08-27 at 03:52 AM.

I'm confused.
    Did I miss something?
    Is this suppose to be a fact, or a guessing thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    And...discuss.
    It wouldn't surprise me. They could be former titans transformed into these beings. Maybe some naaru/void/demon involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm confused.
    Did I miss something?
    Is this suppose to be a fact, or a guessing thread?
    I suspect it's about to turn into a shit flinging thread very soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't so much about the topic... but WHY would you put (Spoiler) infront of the title and immediately put the fucking spoiler next to it in the title with the post ...and discuss?

Seriously? wtf?

You said spoilers but nothing true was spoiled. You disappoint me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't make sense. In the lore (LolLore) the Old Gods cannot be slain by the Titans because they are too deeply ingrained in Azeroth and would irreparably damage it. First paragraph.

Now why would the Titans want to destroy themselves, but be unable to? Also why would Algalon want to inform the Titans of the Old Gods being active again if the Titans are Old Gods?

I don't want to sound rude but try harder, provide some sources or at least an opposing point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I suspect it's about to turn into a shit flinging thread very soon.
    I wouldn't be shocked.
    Although I'm apparently not the only one confused by this thread, so I'm happy enough with that.

If anything, the Old Gods are related to the Naaru. The Naaru may come from a light/holy realm, while the Old Gods are from a chaos realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    It wouldn't make sense. In the lore (LolLore) the Old Gods cannot be slain by the Titans because they are too deeply ingrained in Azeroth and would irreparably damage it. First paragraph.
    Just a quick, curious question here: I'm not too well-versed when it comes to Warcraft lore, but I know the general stuff. Indeed, many different sources tell that the Old Gods can't truly die because they are connected to Azeroth in such a way that you can't kill them without damaging (or worse, destroying) the very planet itself. However, despite this fact, how come Y'Shaarj is... well, dead? Was it ever told in MoP? I payed attention to the quests and every lore-scroll I've found, but I can't for the love of me figure out how Azeroth got a way unscathed (or did it) with Y'Shaarj dying.

Garrosh did dig up its heart, which seems to still be functioning to a certain degree. But again, many sources in the game claim that Y'Shaarj is, in fact, dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the !@#$ is this a spoiler? I doubt that OP even knows what spoiler means. No source, just a "THIS IS TRUE GUYS DISCUSS". 1/10 bad troll.

On the discussion, Old Gods being Titans would be another retcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultismash View Post
    Just a quick, curious question here: I'm not too well-versed when it comes to Warcraft lore, but I know the general stuff. Indeed, many different sources tell that the Old Gods can't truly die because they are connected to Azeroth in such a way that you can't kill them without damaging (or worse, destroying) the very planet itself. However, despite this fact, how come Y'Shaarj is... well, dead? Was it ever told in MoP? I payed attention to the quests and every lore-scroll I've found, but I can't for the love of me figure out how Azeroth got a way unscathed (or did it) with Y'Shaarj dying.
    Azeroth didn't get away unscathed, the land was corrupted with Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    And...discuss.
    or tin foil hat theory. whoever built the titans uses the heart of old gods as the power source. thus why the titans didnt destroy ya'shaarjs heart
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Why would the Titans.. who Symbolise "Order" infact be Old Gods which symbolise "Chaos" in wow lore...

they're the two driving forces of the game with the Burning Legion as an intergalactic weed whacker who want to rid the galaxy of all those annoying creatures...

Nope the real secret is gnomes... they are actually the little bits of fluff which once resided inside an old gods belly button until a titan pulled it out and gave it life. (Well that holds as much weight as the OP's idea at any rate...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Azeroth didn't get away unscathed, the land was corrupted with Sha.
    Ooh, well that's actually very true. Lol, I guess I'm thinking too small then, since what I imagined would happen if you destroyed an Old God would be something very similar to the Cataclysm, as in some form of sundering happening to the very world itself. I guess Sha is a legit curse to be regrettably placed upon Azeroth after vanquishing Y'Shaarj. Thanks for the heads up!

Old Gods are corrupted Titans?

OP is probably Chris Metzen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post

Now why would the Titans want to destroy themselves, but be unable to? Also why would Algalon want to inform the Titans of the Old Gods being active again if the Titans are Old Gods?

I don't want to sound rude but try harder, provide some sources or at least an opposing point of view.
    They could be the first of the Titans, and the current ones are their successors. Remember there are not only Old Gods in Azeroth, there was one in Outland too, and there could be on more planets.

Ooh, well that's actually very true. Lol, I guess I'm thinking too small then, since what I imagined would happen if you destroyed an Old God would be something very similar to the Cataclysm, as in some form of sundering happening to the very world itself. I guess Sha is a legit curse to be regrettably placed upon Azeroth after vanquishing Y'Shaarj. Thanks for the heads up!
    everytime you kill an old god connected to a planet the problems get worse and worse until the planet itself dies
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    To be exact, Y'Shaarj being "dead" and the killing of the old gods destroying azeroth might be different things. Y'Shaarj still exists in the forms of the Sha (1 Sha for each of his 7 heads), and his heart. Technically we "killed" Yoggy and C'Thun, but those areas havent blown up. I believe that the Titans couldnt "completely eradicate" the Old Gods without destroying Azeroth, but they could partial disassemble them (With there being a chance they could reassemble themselves later)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.