Deleted

Duel Monitor wall mounted swing arms

OK all, Doing some research for my boss. he is looking for a wall mount for a duel monitor setup for his office. he needs it to have arms as he will be mounting it on the wall to the right of his desk ans swinging the monitors over the desk for use. He also wants the cables to all be rout able THROUGH the arms and down the mount so all cables are hidden. I have found some mounts that do some of these things but not all. Price range would be up to about 200-250 USD as this is being payed for by the company. If no wall mount option is available he would probably settle for a desk mounted version but again there needs to be internal cable management options as he needs the cable to remain hidden.

I'm finding quite a few mounts, but pretty much 0 of them have a channel for the cable to go through. I'm not sure you will even be able to find one as a internal cable management system could interfere with the movement of the mount and end up destroying the cable itself.

So far it look like a brand called Ergotron is looking to be the best bet.

The best I can find is this. It comes with a "cable management kit", which mounts on the underside of the swing arm, so that might work for your boss.

Here is a pic of what it would end up looking like.

Of course that is just loosely having the cable in there and it would look much better after using the kit.

Only downside is the price.....

ps: my inner OCD wants to strangle you for using the wrong "dual"

pps: Electrical tape can work wonders on hiding cables or you can find some shrink-wrap plastic and use a blow-dryer to keep everything hidden and neat.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-09-11 at 01:13 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

The ergotron products are probably your best bet, as posted above. But they come with a heavy price tag because it's such a niche market and they're the only real major player in it. So you pay a premium. As for cable management, you're unlikely to find any articulated monitor arms that provide 100% cable coverage. Your other alternative, depending how hidden your boss needs them to be would be to get some "cable wrap" and make your own channels on the side of the arms. Tie them to it with zipties. It would then articulate with the arm a little bit easier and hide bundles of cables inside one channel. You could then get one in a similar color to the monitor arm. That's how I did it at one of my old jobs anyway, just to tidy it up a bit because the little trays/channels under the arms are mostly useless for hiding anything.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.