Samsung SSDs, don't work well with AMD?

Okay so I had an Email sent to me not long ago by Newegg addvertising the release of the 840 EVO SSDs. Saving up for that 1TB drive as for I think its super smexy. Here is a link to the feedback page http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820147251

Though I was reading the feedback and on the 1Egg person mentioned he was encounterring some issues / not getting the Full speed, and posted the Email response from the Samsung SSD Support which is as followed

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Samsung SSD Support regarding your concerns and inquiries. You mentioned you have an AMD processor and chipset. The reason I mention this is because Samsung SSDs do not work correctly with machines that contain AMD chipsets. Our SSDs are recommended for use with Intel chipsets and because of this you will see performance issues with your SSD. Now concerning your second issue, the AMD chipset may also be responsible for the sleep mode problem that your having. If your looking for maximum performance from your SSD, the best environment would essentially be a windows based machine with a Intel processor and chipset.

Sorry if I am living under a rock and this is like a known thing, but is this actually accurate? All Samsung SSDs do not work well with AMD processors or is this just a EVO issue?

Phenom is an older CPU and the poster likely has an older motherboard. Chipsets handle CPU I/O (eg. SATA) and older AMD chipsets might not be sufficient to take advantage of the SSD's full speed.

Current AMD chipsets (900 series northbridge w/ southbridge SB950) should be fine, but are still inferior to Intel chipsets for handling more than 1 SSD in Raid 0. http://us.hardware.info/reviews/2712...cales-the-best

10+ Year Old Account
    I encountered 0 issues with my richland apu (A8-6600k) so I would wager a guess he has an older board and the fact he is rolling a phenom certainly proves his cpu is old. While I can't be certain without having my hands on the system and playing I can hazard an educated guess it is old hardware that is holding him back.

However who the hell drops an SSD into a rig that is worth more than the rest of the rig, honestly?
    (Almost seems like a troll newegg feedback when you see something like that).
    Last edited by slasher0161; 2013-08-29 at 12:29 AM.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a samsung SSD working with my FX-8350 without any problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Sorry if I am living under a rock and this is like a known thing, but is this actually accurate? All Samsung SSDs do not work well with AMD processors or is this just a EVO issue?
    This is the first time i hear about that. I would say it's marketing infused bullshit on the part of the samsung rep. As for the problems the specific user is reporting:
    - Not waking up from sleep can have a lot of causes: Old chipset not detecting correctly this particular SSD or SSDs in general. Faulty chipset. Incorrect Windows settings, ...
    - Not getting the full performance: If you believe you will have the performance that is advertised, you are naive. Especially if the rest of your system is not 100% up to date (he probably only has a SATA 3G controller).
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    This is the first time i hear about that. I would say it's marketing infused bullshit on the part of the samsung rep.
    A google search for "AMD chipset SSD" shows a whole slew of users with problems. The posts are older though.

In contrast, "Intel chipset SSD" and "Intel chipset SSD slow" doesn't really turn up any issues (SATA and Sandforce aside).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    A google search for "AMD chipset SSD" shows a whole slew of users with problems. The posts are older though.

In contrast, "Intel chipset SSD" and "Intel chipset SSD slow" doesn't really turn up any issues (SATA and Sandforce aside).
    IT seems to be an issue due to being connected to a SATAII port, rather than to the much faster SATAIII ports on newer AM3+ motherboards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I still the only person that is wondering why someone was attaching a 1tb SSD to an old phenom?
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210