Unhappy A bit torn because of Hit

Harro,

Currently I have 19% hit which is enormous , but I'm wondering if I made any mistake anywhere and could've taken more Spirit/Hit and transformed it into a useful stat.

So far I reforged and gemmed out (except to achieve the gear bonuses) as much spirit as I could but I still seem to have alot left. Maybe I'm missing something? I'd love if someone could take a look and see whether I'm not seeing something regarding my gear. I know that there will still be plenty of spirit/hit left behind but 19% sounds like I MAY overlook something.

Also I'd like to hear your opinions about Mastery and Haste. I know from some pretty good Ele players that Haste has more value than Mastery , but i'd like to see what others think aswell (I know there were a few threads on this topic but it never gets too tiring to read about what people think on this subject).

Edit: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...horia/advanced

Looks fine to me for the most part. You obviously need more pieces without spirit/hit, but there's nothing you can do until they drop.

Change your spellthread to the +crit one rather than +spirit. That's the only DPS increasing one you can do (you can gem stam for your green gem, but meh).

Obviously keep an eye out for anything that doesn't have spirit. Athame's, Ro'shak's rememberance, Loa Bracers, Lei Shen's orb of command, Suen Wo. I see you just killed Ra-Den so if you get the belt or the chest it'll also really help out.

Swap your Haste/Spirit gems for Haste/Stam and change your leg enchant to to Int/Crit one. As for haste/mastery, I prefer haste over mastery. I'll probably be swapping to a mastery heavy build next tier when trinkets and meta no longer scale with haste, though.

Deleted
    You may at least change the leg enchant to the int/crit one.

15+ Year Old Account
    People have suggested what you can do for your hit.

Haste Vs Mastery though is a topic for debate/sim.

You can go haste, you can go mastery or you can split the difference, to be honest.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

If you have the spare VP, you can also change the SPA ring (there is another one with crit/haste in stead of spirit/haste).

The haste vs mastery is actually quite simple.

Without Legendary Meta: HASSSSTE!!!

With Legendary Meta: MASTERRRRYYYY!!!!@@

Looking at your stats, I would really suggest you put a LOT more into mastery, you can drop a ton of haste.
    Some gear suggestions, get the helm from Primordius and the ring from IQ. Also I would suggest not gemming
    straight haste, int has a higher value.
    the thing with the legendary meta is that when it procs, and you have over about 30% haste, you're gonna hit .9 second casts, therefore dropping
    the value of haste. Also during hero phase the legendary proc's are totally wasted as well.

Try for the Dagger off DA will drop it quite a bit, it's haste mast so no unwanted stat. getting it in the next week isn't likely now that i look at it though. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willing View Post
    The haste vs mastery is actually quite simple.

Without Legendary Meta: HASSSSTE!!!

With Legendary Meta: MASTERRRRYYYY!!!!@@

Looking at your stats, I would really suggest you put a LOT more into mastery, you can drop a ton of haste.
    Some gear suggestions, get the helm from Primordius and the ring from IQ. Also I would suggest not gemming
    straight haste, int has a higher value.
    the thing with the legendary meta is that when it procs, and you have over about 30% haste, you're gonna hit .9 second casts, therefore dropping
    the value of haste. Also during hero phase the legendary proc's are totally wasted as well.
    Yeah, it is sooooo simple because:
    - many other top Shamans use excessive amounts of haste
    - simcraft tells (at least me) that haste > mastery even with legendary meta gem (for PE build)

Maybe with EB build, mastery might be better but I rather doubt it.

Edit:
    Just simmed Magnaphoria (25k iterations, light movement) and mastery got a value of 3.05 and haste of 2.93 with his/her current talents (EB+Echo).

Mastery seems to be slightly ahead but in case he/she switches to PE, the stat values will change and haste will be ahead.
    But yeah, the difference might be neglectable.
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2013-09-01 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    Yeah, it is sooooo simple because:
    - many other top Shamans use excessive amounts of haste
    - simcraft tells (at least me) that haste > mastery even with legendary meta gem (for PE build)

Maybe with EB build, mastery might be better but I rather doubt it.
    Right now as we speak in the current tier, for EoTE and EB and the legendary Meta, and the 4 PC, your haste should have around 1200 more points of haste than Mastery (including the 3k mastery buff) on single target, On Multiple targets, at that high level of haste Mastery really kicks the crap out of it.

I suspect next tier with a lot of siege fights being true cleave and AoE that Im going to be carrying a lot more mastery than I am now, Also a factor being that My RPPM trinks will no longer scale with haste

Deleted
    I agree with you regarding next tier. Many things will change and I also guess that mastery will be the way to go.

In the current tier however, cleaving may be interesting but imho is not that important anymore. In a 10man guild, most adds die such fast that the only "relevant" cleaving may be council. With haste, I also try to cover my weak spot and this is single-target dps. ALso, I prefer PE over EB. So yeah, it is also a personal thing. Further, the difference seems to be quite small so usually other factors are more important like who gets debuff X, who has to run out of Y or what is your task in a certain fight (e.g. I am the trusted turtle kicker for Tortos hc - sucks).