Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Blaming a hurricane on any president is stupid. The question was who was at fault for the terrible response to Katrina. And it wasn't just conservatives voting for Obama to that question, though obviously more of them said so than the liberals they asked. But here's the thing: they didn't specify a time frame after the hurricane. They said "for the poor response" to hurricane Katrina, or something along those lines. And if you're still in New Orleans, still seeing so much of the place just totally wrecked, still smelling shit in half the city, whose fault is it now? I'm going to go with the governor and the mayor personally, but they weren't options in the poll. Just Bush, Obama, and "I don't know". I don't know won out I think, but admittedly I don't remember every line of the survey.
    Well considering they blame Obama more than Bush for the lack of response even immediately after the hurricane happened. http://news.yahoo.com/video/louisian...170103185.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Well considering they blame Obama more than Bush for the lack of response even immediately after the hurricane happened. http://news.yahoo.com/video/louisian...170103185.html
    I explained in detail exactly why the poll doesn't say what you think it says, and your response is to link me a video that doesn't say it either. Neet. How about I just give you the poll so you can see for yourself: http://www.scribd.com/doc/161910086/...ll-August-2013

The question says nothing about "immediate" response. "Who do you think was more responsible for the poor response to Hurricane Katrina: George W.Bush or Barack Obama?" Not immediate, not current, just the response, which is still ongoing right now. Add to that that %17 of the people who answered Obama identified as "Very Liberal".
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I explained in detail exactly why the poll doesn't say what you think it says, and your response is to link me a video that doesn't say it either. Neet. How about I just give you the poll so you can see for yourself: http://www.scribd.com/doc/161910086/...ll-August-2013

The question says nothing about "immediate" response. "Who do you think was more responsible for the poor response to Hurricane Katrina: George W.Bush or Barack Obama?" Not immediate, not current, just the response, which is still ongoing right now. Add to that that %17 of the people who answered Obama identified as "Very Liberal".
    Catch me up here, why are you posting the poll about responses to Katrina? Are you saying that people don't understand the issues and lack reasoning, or are you saying that any blame for the condition of New Orleans could fall on Obama? Or a third option.

10+ Year Old Account

Only 3% of the whole pole said they were 'very liberal'. It's not possible that 17% of those 29% were 'very liberal', because it would mean around 6% of the whole.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

C+

Not actively terrible economic policy rather good social policy and seems to value diplomacy.

Awful on national secrecy and the like and still far too hawkish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    F-
    Has greatly expanded the war on the Constitution and our civil liberties. Has failed to provide real leadership on the world stage. And has done little/nothing for the economy. Meanwhile his only real "accomplishment" is a sell-out healthcare law that most Americans, including those in his own party, don't want. Basically, he's your run-of-the-mill, corrupt authoritarian.
    How do you figure? Before Obama the NSA was spying without warrants, now they at least need to seek a warrant to look at anything substantive. People support the healthcare law when they are told what is in it (nearly every part of the law has a large majority support when it isn't attached to the word "obamacare" or "healthcare bill").

10+ Year Old Account
    B, I guess. All things considered (Republicans rallying against EVERYTHING he does) he's doing pretty good
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I give the entire US government a F- (president, congress, house, senate). Failure to listen and think of the American people as a whole (I know that's pushing it, but seriously.). Apparently the British parliament can do it, our politicians have no excuse. And I don't like Obama either. Please keep in mind... I also didn't like Bush. I didn't like Clinton. I don't like anyone! I also don't think we should go to Syria, but he's trying to push that, too. We need to stay over here, and fix our own mess. We can't keep fixing the other problems of other countries The only way it could be feasibly done is if we don't have to pay for it. But that's certainly not the case.

I wish Teddy Roosevelt was still alive. Or FDR.

10+ Year Old Account
    B. He's humorous and funny, and this are the most important qualities in a president - when president gets serious, problems start.
    But... Only I deserve 'A'. ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    F-
    Has greatly expanded the war on the Constitution and our civil liberties. Has failed to provide real leadership on the world stage. And has done little/nothing for the economy. Meanwhile his only real "accomplishment" is a sell-out healthcare law that most Americans, including those in his own party, don't want. Basically, he's your run-of-the-mill, corrupt authoritarian.
    Actually I would give him the same grade just because on how he lied if you compare what he told in his campaign and what he actually did. The only change he ever did is that he was the first black president. I'm sure that's what the future ones will do as well, first latino president, first woman president...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    C+

Not actively terrible economic policy rather good social policy and seems to value diplomacy.

Awful on national secrecy and the like and still far too hawkish.
    Hey look, legitimate criticism.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Hey look, legitimate criticism.
    Define "legitimate."

See: Bill Clinton
    I do t see how he's an example of that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Catch me up here, why are you posting the poll about responses to Katrina? Are you saying that people don't understand the issues and lack reasoning, or are you saying that any blame for the condition of New Orleans could fall on Obama? Or a third option.
    Third option: the question didn't specify a period of time, just asked who they blamed for the response to Katrina. It's reasonable to assume that some of the people took the question to mean right now, not years ago, since the response (rebuilding and such) is still ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Only 3% of the whole pole said they were 'very liberal'. It's not possible that 17% of those 29% were 'very liberal', because it would mean around 6% of the whole.
    I posted the poll. The whole thing. Just read it, it breaks down the answers, I repeated them, that's it. The second page gives you the breakdown of the answers, who answered how. It's down there.

I do t see how he's an example of that
    You don't see that Bill Clinton had to work with an extremely oppositional Congress, and still got shit done?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

Obama has gotten things done as well. A lot of Clinton's biggest "accomplishments" were just giving the GOP what they wanted and declaring in bipartisan success.

What the GOP learned with Clinton they've perfected with Obama.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Define "legitimate."
    Not legitimate: Obama bailed the banks out, Obama has gotten nothing done, etc. In other words shit he hasn't even done but people parrot from hyper right wing news sources because it sounds good.

Legitimate: Criticizing things that he has actually done or not gotten done.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I give Obama a D. He's made some questionable human rights decisions and the propaganda that CNN has been spewing out about how "necessary" going to war in Syria is became the straw that broke the camel's back for me--why can't we, just once, stop policing the rest of the world? >.< Also Obamacare is kindof a joke--now, in order to be eligible for low-income insurance in Oregon, you must first now...have health insurance. :P I mean wtf? You're too poor for insurance and now you need health insurance to get health insurance? Thank god I'm insured, that's all I have to say.

I guess he looks good in comparison to G.W. Bush though, who I would give an F minus minus as the worst President of all time.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-01 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obama has gotten things done as well. A lot of Clinton's biggest "accomplishments" were just giving the GOP what they wanted and declaring in bipartisan success.

What the GOP learned with Clinton they've perfected with Obama.
    Obama has "gotten things done" largely with a Congress that agreed with him, and when he lost that, by either using executive orders for the things he could (and bypassing Congress altogether) or by just giving in. Neither of which correlates to what Clinton did. Clinton worked with Congress and got mostly what he wanted done, and some of what the opposition wanted done. That's how compromise works. FFS, he got guys that voted to impeach him (which would indicate much more hostility than the current Congress) to pass a fucking "assault weapons" ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Considering new developments in the Syria story, I want to upgrade my Obama grade. I had him at D- now i up grade him to C+. If Republicans like John Mcain and Lindsey Gram want war they can approve it themselves in the congress. Good move by Obama.
    He made the right decision, but he looked like a total clown up until that point. I'd hardly give him good marks on handling Syria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Define "legitimate."
    Someone he agrees with.

Obama has "gotten things done" largely with a Congress that agreed with him, and when he lost that, by either using executive orders for the things he could (and bypassing Congress altogether) or by just giving in. Neither of which correlates to what Clinton did. Clinton worked with Congress and got mostly what he wanted done, and some of what the opposition wanted done. That's how compromise works. FFS, he got guys that voted to impeach him (which would indicate much more hostility than the current Congress) to pass a fucking "assault weapons" ban.
    You're ignoring the fact that the leader of the majority party in the House can't even work with factions within his own party to get shit done that he wants done. The comparison doesn't fit.