Im Looking for a playstyle

I'm looking for a play style, the classes I've played so far at 90 are warrior, arms no weapon drops in 5-6 weeks of lfr's, and monk, tanking in 5mans and windwalker for lfr. So my impression of the warrior is, i enjoy the idea behind the class and arms isnt terrible, though id love to try out fury and i have had no luck on any of the weapon drops. My impression of monk is that as dps its all about buff management, i for one hate the idea that 10-40% of my damage is maintaining a buff. One of the reasons i didn't pick my 70s paladin up was ret's dps is so dependent on maintaining a buff, even though i had liked the class from 1-70 before i took a break. Both windwalker and arms(to a lesser extent) are about buff management, though i havent had a chance to try fury, id like to try something that isn't buff management.

What dps spec's aren't about managing a buff's uptime? Bonus points for the class having a healing option but not a deal breaker. If a short description of the play style is possible it would be appreciated.

Balance druids can heal and don't have a buff to keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    death knight

Deleted
    I haven't played this in a while - but does an spriest need buff up-time? If I recall, it was more about getting timings correct.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Balance druids can heal and don't have a buff to keep up.
    to expand a bit on moonkin playstyle, you basically have two sets of skills: lunar and solar, along with an energy bar that gets charged depending on which school of spells your casting. Once you get the bar full, you get a buff that amplifies the opposite school of spells for a bit, and then you basically bounce back and forth.

There's procs and dots in there somewhere too, but that's just what stood out most when I tried a moonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frieght View Post
    What dps spec's aren't about managing a buff's uptime? Bonus points for the class having a healing option but not a deal breaker. If a short description of the play style is possible it would be appreciated.
    Ele shammy count? All you have to maintain is the fire dot. Arcane Mages, although there's mage bombs now. Both are just one GCD though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by navssurtani View Post
    I haven't played this in a while - but does an spriest need buff up-time? If I recall, it was more about getting timings correct.
    They removed that awful empowered shadow thing. You have to keep up dots is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I have played warrior (prot/arms), warlock (afflict/destroy), priest (shadow), druid (feral), paladin (holy/ret), mage (fire), rogue (assas).

I like warlock the most, it's an easy rotation but affliction requires you to keep dots up. Do you like that if not you could go for destroy, pretty OP I reckon because you have burning tap that can heal and AoE farming is easy mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frieght View Post
    I'm looking for a play style, the classes I've played so far at 90 are warrior, arms no weapon drops in 5-6 weeks of lfr's, and monk, tanking in 5mans and windwalker for lfr. So my impression of the warrior is, i enjoy the idea behind the class and arms isnt terrible, though id love to try out fury and i have had no luck on any of the weapon drops. My impression of monk is that as dps its all about buff management, i for one hate the idea that 10-40% of my damage is maintaining a buff. One of the reasons i didn't pick my 70s paladin up was ret's dps is so dependent on maintaining a buff, even though i had liked the class from 1-70 before i took a break. Both windwalker and arms(to a lesser extent) are about buff management, though i havent had a chance to try fury, id like to try something that isn't buff management.

Windwalker isn't really a spec about keeping buffs up, sure we have tiger palm, but since tigerpalm is a part of our rotation (the free procs) you really shouldn't worry too much, and in case if it is about to expire, one chi isn't much to spend compared to retridins who blow up 3 HP for a inquisition.

Now a bit more on topic, boomkin is a spec whit a pretty static rotation, at least when you got some gear (500+ ilvl and at least first haste brealpoint).

Simplified, boomkin rotation is use starsurge whenever it's off cd, refresh dots when entering new eclipse then spam wrath/starfire till next eclipse, refresh dots, rince and repeat, and use starfall on cd.
    Last edited by mmoc3f67c9dfe8; 2013-08-30 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter has no buffs you need to manage :P
    Only debuffs, but all classes have some sort of debuff, no?

I had started a melee druid, i guess ill transfer some caster cloth to him and try out healing/bookin. Thanks all for your replies much appreciated!

I do have a shaman who was my main in wrath but don't like playing him any more, left game after a sour end to my raid healing at the end of wrath and everytime i get on him i'm reminded of it, got 9/12 heroic just to have the whole guild fall apart and the game stop being fun. Just so it doesn't look like i'm ignoring that suggestion.