Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    Seems counter-intuitive. How do they the people who get it will even use it and those who do will only have a small sample to pull from. That seems subpar. I'm going to have to agree with Zito, continue to use gw2lfg.
    Assuming it's a rollout over a week's time, it should be fine. If they're completely randomly selected, chances are good that any random selection is just as good as any other.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    this isn't the first time they have done a slow release for new systems
    Yeah, wasn't the last one the custom arenas for sPVP? I can't remember how long it took them to get it to everyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Yeah, wasn't the last one the custom arenas for sPVP? I can't remember how long it took them to get it to everyone though.
    a lot longer than a week

10+ Year Old Account
    From Facebook:

Join us today for another Guild Wars 2 developer livestream. Ben Newell and Evan Zynda will be doing an overview of the upcoming LFG tool and answering viewer questions. The livestream will begin today at Noon PDT on http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2 We'll see you then! ~RB2
    https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    a lot longer than a week
    True. I've been looking for the exact time it went out of beta, but I'm having trouble finding it, all I've found out about the custom arena beta was when it was first launched. While it was longer than a week I don't think it was too long, I think it was out of beta by the next release or the one after. If you or someone else can find the exact date custom arenas were out of beta that would be great, it could help to establish a possible time frame for the lfg to be released for everyone.

It became available to the public with the jan 25th update afaik the beta started end of april or early may.

So that's about 3months.

Yup you're right Mel, finally found it, and it was indeed roughly 3 months. I say roughly because the month in which the beta became available was almost over. Hopefully they can get the lfg to everyone in the same amount of time or faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    did I miss the livestream? They postponed it yesterday but I have no idea when it will be (was?) up...

I'm not in the LFG beta : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    did I miss the livestream? They postponed it yesterday but I have no idea when it will be (was?) up...
    Here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfbP6AQq1Kc
    Valar morghulis

seems like a nice LFG tool, wish I could use it.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Translation: use gw2lfg.com till we fully release are system were only going to release to some people
    I have no idea what you just said.Use proper english please.

I was so excited about the tool
    And now it says it is in BETA?Blood and bloody ashes!Come on Anet...
    But all in all the patch was good.Four more bank tabs were given.And that i like a lot
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-09-18 at 05:36 AM.

Deleted
    Meh I'm not one of the few in beta either. I'm not a patient person 8)

Deleted
    How do they decide LFG-beta testers? In pvp they took the hardcore people in competitive play... but who are that version of pve players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How do they decide LFG-beta testers? In pvp they took the hardcore people in competitive play... but who are that version of pve players?
    Pot luck more than likely, you can't put an ability to pve players like you can with PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine since this phase of the release doesn't have the WvW capability yet that they picked very active players that run lots of dungeons and fractals. Quite possibly limited to Dungeon Masters so it would be less about derping around trying to figure out how to do a dungeon and more about giving the LFG tool a workout.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I would imagine since this phase of the release doesn't have the WvW capability yet that they picked very active players that run lots of dungeons and fractals. Quite possibly limited to Dungeon Masters so it would be less about derping around trying to figure out how to do a dungeon and more about giving the LFG tool a workout.
    Nobody in my FL has the beta and we're all DM and make 20g/day from dungeons so I doubt they targeted that niche.

I imagine it's random who they chose, maybe something like 10% of each server or whatever.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brb rejoining gw2 because of LFG Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by strechypants View Post
    Watching the livestream -- finally getting a LFG tool that is nation / continent wide!

- - - Updated - - -

For dungeons, fractals, personal story, invasions, etc
    Haven't seen it. Is it like the wow version now or the older version where you'd put your name in a group and wait for the individual to message you?