Poll: Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lagfest, yes. But I still enjoyed the experience.

I miss a lot of things from the "old times". A lot of it is nostalgia. Some of it is I just don't enjoy the "war". I'd rather be semi-united fighting off a greater evil.

Edit: People lagged? Der.
    Dalalag? Lagaran? Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paximus View Post

I miss a lot of things from the "old times". A lot of it is nostalgia. Some of it is I just don't enjoy the "war". I'd rather be semi-united fighting off a greater evil.

I never had problems in Dalaran, no need to be a jerk about it. My post wasn't sarcastic.

10+ Year Old Account

Dalaran was a problem because it was floating over an entire other zone, and the city was fairly small. They cut down on it somewhat by not allowing any flying mounts.

If they wanted to make a much less "laggy" city, all they'd have to do is spread it out more and... well, not set it floating 500 feet in the air above another zone already populated with NPCs and the like.

But I don't want a "shattrath" spread out where there are just concrete terraces with a few buildings and a bunch of squatter tents. Something more like a... lost city of the Tol'vir type layout, or maybe even just an expanded Dalaran-type place.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Isn't Orgrimmar going to be neutral?

It really wouldn't make sense to be like this:
    "Thanks for assisting in our rebellion, Alliance, now please let us choose the warchief ourselves. Done? All right, now get the hell out, we will kill you on sight if we see you here again."

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I want Dalaran shown in game to be Alliance, and I want it parked over the ruins of Theramore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Isn't Orgrimmar going to be neutral?

It really wouldn't make sense to be like this:
    "Thanks for assisting in our rebellion, Alliance, now please let us choose the warchief ourselves. Done? All right, now get the hell out, we will kill you on sight if we see you here again."
    Well... that's how it's going down.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I never had problems in Dalaran, no need to be a jerk about it. My post wasn't sarcastic.
    Well, sorry then. Everyoen I knew at the time did. Perspective and all (on both sides)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    No.

I want Dalaran shown in game to be Alliance, and I want it parked over the ruins of Theramore.
    I don't want the alliance's neutral city to be Dalaran... AGAIN. As spiffy as it is, we already spent an entire damn expansion sitting around in it.

Plus, Dustwallow marsh isn't a good spot for... anything. Ever.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Dalaran was a problem because it was floating over an entire other zone, and the city was fairly small. They cut down on it somewhat by not allowing any flying mounts.

If they wanted to make a much less "laggy" city, all they'd have to do is spread it out more and... well, not set it floating 500 feet in the air above another zone already populated with NPCs and the like.

But I don't want a "shattrath" spread out where there are just concrete terraces with a few buildings and a bunch of squatter tents. Something more like a... lost city of the Tol'vir type layout, or maybe even just an expanded Dalaran-type place.
    Crystalwhatever forest had jack shit in it until 3.2. It was still lagged to hell. For most/some/a few of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe server size was a factor, my server has been rather smallish since TBC, so maybe with cross realm a neutral city would be a bad idea.

Why can't we have a non neutral city where there is all the trainers, banks, and AH.... With no guards.... Oh and everything bought in the area is at a 10% discount... world pvp to it's finest..just saying
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Crystalwhatever forest had jack shit in it until 3.2. It was still lagged to hell. For most/some/a few of us.
    Completely false. Crystalsong was rife with NPCs before hand. There was the kirin tor camp beneath Dalaran, along with the blue dragonflight casters channeling with circling elite blue dragons, the ruins with satyrs/dryads, and the wolves and the elk that patrolled the area as well.

And then you have to consider that the physical ZONE, with trees and water and terrain, was still something the game had to load, regardless of whether you could see it from where you were in Dalaran.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    No, the neutral cities was a bad idea the first time around. Having the alliance and the horde side by side in the same city made it feel like they were on the same faction. The alliance and the horde are supposed to be at war, a feeling that is lost if you share the expansions main city.
    This is correct, completely agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral cities goes againt the "war" concept...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want the alliance's neutral city to be Dalaran... AGAIN. As spiffy as it is, we already spent an entire damn expansion sitting around in it.

Plus, Dustwallow marsh isn't a good spot for... anything. Ever.
    There's too much to do these days to spend it sitting around a city. Doesn't matter where they put it.

As bad as the Shrine as been, I'd still prefer not to have a neutral city, they just don't make sense at the point in the game. After Siege I have no idea what would make sense; we had this massive build up of hating them, now we're allying with them to take on Garrosh because reasons, so what happens after, fuck knows. It's like 'Hey guys, you were all complicit in Theramore and Gilneas, and now you just raised our dead to fight for you, so we have every reason to hate you still, but we'll just let all that go because of something.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Neutral cities goes againt the "war" concept...
    Frankly, the "war" concept is sort of bullshit to begin with, seeing as the Alliance and Horde have come together no less than five or so times in the past to fight a common evil and then have gone back to fighting one another for reasons never made too clear. And the Alliance and Horde work in close proximity all the bloody time. You'll see it in almost every zone.

Now, I'm not in favor of "merging" the factions at all, but thinking that "neutral cities" with designated Alliance/Horde districts are "beyond lore-sense" doesn't really hold up.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Completely false. Crystalsong was rife with NPCs before hand. There was the kirin tor camp beneath Dalaran, along with the blue dragonflight casters channeling with circling elite blue dragons, the ruins with satyrs/dryads, and the wolves and the elk that patrolled the area as well.

And then you have to consider that the physical ZONE, with trees and water and terrain, was still something the game had to load, regardless of whether you could see it from where you were in Dalaran.
    Well fine, technically there were npcs and whatnot, but my point was that there were no quests or other reasons to be in that zone. It's not like people were in Crystalsong to be there. It was there so Dalalag could hover above it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well fine, technically there were npcs and whatnot, but my point was that there were no quests or other reasons to be in that zone. It's not like people were in Crystalsong to be there. It was there so Dalalag could hover above it.
    NPCS and the game terrain can all serve to bog down your connection.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I don't much care if there are horde and alliance in a city together, what I do care about is that the city looks and feels great, and I feel the shrines just don't deliver. Well, I guess they were never meant to be cities anyway... I'd rather they made one good city than two mediocre ones
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were going to put the Argent Tournament in Crystalsong (which is why there were dailies there), but the zone couldn't handle it so they shipped it out to a far corner of Icecrown.