Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shamental View Post
    What are your thoughts? will you get angry if they don't choose your preferred one?
    I will get angry if they choose the filthy retarded troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugmenot View Post
    Garrosh used the Sunreavers, portals to move forces through her neutral Dalaran to steal the Bell from Darnasus. Clearly an act of war, and Jana couldn't take another betrayal of the Kir'in Tor. So she removed not only the Sunreavers but every horde race from Dalaran.
    The only "Sunreaver" in the Darnassus mission was Fanlyr. In Darnassus he just says, "the Sunreavers of Dalaran are risking their neutrality by assisting the Horde with this operation," but none of the other mages are Sunreavers (they're from Silvermoon) and he has never been established to be one either. The entire 5.1 questline, Fanlyr has been working with the Reliquary under Garrosh and never once mentions that he is a Sunreaver.

Fanlyr ports the Bell to Silvermoon and portals the PC to Domination Point. Fanlyr then stays behind claiming to "clean up our tracks," but instead leaves a portal trail leading to Dalaran, which had nothing to do with the mission. It was all a setup to sabotage Lor'themar's talks with Varian. "The regent lord initiated conversations with King Varian Wrynn, hoping to rejoin the Alliance, but Garrosh sabotaged his diplomatic efforts by organizing a heist in Darnassus and focusing blame on the blood elves."

And Jaina was hardly being neutral acting as security for the Alliance.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-05 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    Proving my point.
    Vol'jin never planned to leave the Horde. Not even after he survived an assasination atempt and having his people marshall lawed, hunted and imprisoned. He fought for the true values of the Horde and rebelled against Garrosh, putting the general cause above his own health and that of his race, something Lor'themar can not.
    Nooo, Lor'themar just put his health and his people's health in danger by going to the Isle of Thunder, something none of the other leaders on Horde wanted to. And really, I understand the view of the Blood Elves. The Horde never trusted them in the first place, kindda hard to feel a part of it all when not having the trust of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugmenot View Post
    You clearly never played WC, or did any Horde quests in 5.1. Blood Elves are a sub set of Night Elfs, called Highborne. They were banished by the Night Elfs, and turned into what we call high elfs. By evolution, and switching from worshiping Elune(Moon) to the Sun. Kael'thas Sunstrider, and his high elfs suffered much racism by their Alliance allys. So the blood elfs are in the horde cause of the Alliance racism.

Garrosh used the Sunreavers, portals to move forces through her neutral Dalaran to steal the Bell from Darnasus. Clearly an act of war, and Jana couldn't take another betrayal of the Kir'in Tor. So she removed not only the Sunreavers but every horde race from Dalaran.
    And yes, that is sadly true. But even that was without agreement of the Blood Elves. That was a few elves who chose to set with the plan. When the bombing happened, the Blood Elves were set to blame even though they weren't the fault of it all. And you did phrase the term "used" quite well, because that is all they were good for, for him. To be used and discarded. Hence he didn't care about the aftershocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Except that's not what happened. The only "Sunreaver" in the Darnassus mission was Fanlyr, the rest of the mages were from Silvermoon. The entire 5.1 questline, Fanlyr has been working with the Reliquary under Garrosh and never once mentions that he is a Sunreaver until Darnassus. Fanlyr ports the Bell to Silvermoon and portals the PC to Domination Point. Fanlyr then stays behind claiming to "clean up our tracks," but instead leaves a portal trail leading to Dalaran, which had nothing to do with the Bell.

"The regent lord initiated conversations with King Varian Wrynn, hoping to rejoin the Alliance, but Garrosh sabotaged his diplomatic efforts by organizing a heist in Darnassus and focusing blame on the blood elves."

And Jaina was hardly being neutral acting as security for the Alliance.
    Yup, quite right. Reason I pointed at the "used" part.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Thrall, Lor'themar and Saurfang are "expected". Blizzard stated that they will make someone unexpected the new Warchief, so count those three out.
    Replace Lor'themar by Vol'jin, and you know who the new Warchief is.

After almost ten 10 years of WoW, where (the majority of the) Horde and Alliance forces have also been geographically separated, the next Warchief comes from the Eastern Kingdoms, home of the Alliance. Apart from the fact that the Blood Elves are a very popular race among (younger) Horde players, this has symbolic reasons. With the threat of another invasion of the Burning Legion looming on the horizon, the "united" Horde and Alliance will combine forces on the eastern continent to secure the Dark Portal. Lor'themar Theron, as an elf, is the perfect Horde "ambassador" to the Alliance, and I'm sure Blizzard has big plans with him. Then, there is also the Forsaken "issue", which could be solved when the new Warchief resides in the Eastern Kingdoms. And while all these movements towards the east take place (likely for WOWX6), the surprising attack of Azshara and N'Zoth take place on Kalimdor (Darkshore) and the central Maelstrom area (in WOWX5).
    Last edited by mmoca322092fb4; 2013-09-05 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nooo, Lor'themar just put his health and his people's health in danger by going to the Isle of Thunder, something none of the other leaders on Horde wanted to. And really, I understand the view of the Blood Elves. The Horde never trusted them in the first place, kindda hard to feel a part of it all when not having the trust of people.
    That's purely gameplay. I'm discussing lore. Dealing with a new warchief is pure story, so lore. Really, what difference would it have made if the Forsaken had gone to the Isle of Thunder? none. Nothing done on the Isle of Thunder has any consequence in lore or in 5.3 or 5.4. Jaina getting the power of the Thunder King? Nope, don't care. It could have as well never happened, wouldn't have made any difference on the story.
    People wanted to see more Blood Elf content = gameplay, so they gave it with Isle of Thunder stuf
    Last edited by mmoc51949ba2e4; 2013-09-05 at 09:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It'll be Vol'boring or Mary Sue, but probably Mary Sue since I doubt Blizzard has the balls to name anybody else.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Thrall, Lor'themar and Saurfang are "expected". Blizzard stated that they will make someone unexpected the new Warchief, so count those three out.
    They said it will be someone unexpected back when they announced MoP.
    Lor'Themar was highly unexpected at that time, since most people didn't even know him.
    Last edited by mmocf5a7f62f16; 2013-09-05 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaesthenis View Post
    They said it will be someone unexpected back when they announced MoP.
    Lor'Themar was highly unexpected at that time, since most people didn't even know him.
    They spoiled too much by saying the last boss was Garrosh and Thrall would come back as Warchief. So they backpedaled on the Thrall announcement.
    Originally Posted by J. Allen Brack
    Can you tell us a bit more about the upcoming raid on Orgrimmar?
    Sure. We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. I'm really excited about it from a player perspective, because I think if you're an Alliance player, the idea about doing a raid into the heart of your enemies capital is really satisfying, and deposing the enemy leader is super gratifying. On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town, and who doesn't want Thrall to be the leader of the Horde? (Source)
    From March 2012.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like whoever gets chosen -we'll get to see all Horde leaders, Jaina, Thrall and Varian affirming the choice. And even though he had no time in the spotlight since TBC, Rexxar is my bet.

patiently anticipating a jaw-breaking cinematic.

I'm sure it'll be just the right one person. Unless it's Lor'themar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shengar View Post
    That's purely gameplay. I'm discussing lore. Dealing with a new warchief is pure story, so lore. Really, what difference would it have made if the Forsaken had gone to the Isle of Thunder? none. Nothing done on the Isle of Thunder has any consequence in lore or in 5.3 or 5.4. Jaina getting the power of the Thunder King? Nope, don't care. It could have as well never happened, wouldn't have made any difference on the story.
    People wanted to see more Blood Elf content = gameplay, so they gave it with Isle of Thunder stuf
    Though, Isle of Thunder is still part of the lore, you know? It's nothing to do with the Horde lore in general, no - but it's there.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Many butts will be clenched, whatever the choice is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I am expecting:
    -Thrall
    -Lor'Themar
    -Or a council

I really wouldn't like to see Thrall back.
    He had his reign, he had his chance and he left the Horde.
    It's time for some progress in the story, to create a new Horde and that cannot happen if we go back to those old things.

He started a civil war because he wants revenge against Garrosh.
    That's selfish in my opinion.

Lor'Themar had no other choice than to leave the Horde.
    Staying wasn't an option because of how Garrosh treated his people and a rebellion was even worse for them.
    There's a limit to how many decimations you can have within a century.
    Blood Elves couldn't afford another 90% of their people to be wiped out.
    Now, A council would make a little more sense.

And you are right about the last bit as well.

Deleted
    Lor'Themar had no other choice than to leave the Horde.
    Staying wasn't an option because of how Garrosh treated his people and a rebellion was even worse for them.
    There's a limit to how many decimations you can have within a century.
    He stayed, didn't he. He is fighting Garrosh in 5.4, isn't he.

A fact that's often neglected. Despite all their screen time, there are staggeringly few Blood Elves compared to their original, pre-Scourge Invasion High Elf population. Less too, when it's taken into account that a fair amount of those already few remaining Blood Elves chose to leave Quel'thalas and remain High Elves.

I think it's between Thrall (though you're right in saying he's had his time) and Lor'themar (because Blizzard has said the choice would be unexpected and I think a lot of people do not expect/want a Blood Elf Warchief at all).

That said, it could just as easily be Baine or someone else unexpected. All will be known in ~5 days. I do think a 'War Council', much as it would make sense, would be a pretty cheap cop-out however; not least given how nonsensical it would be for certain members (a less-than-Horde-loyal Sylvanas for example)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    They spoiled too much by saying the last boss was Garrosh and Thrall would come back as Warchief. So they backpedaled on the Thrall announcement.
    Originally Posted by J. Allen Brack
    Can you tell us a bit more about the upcoming raid on Orgrimmar?
    Sure. We haven't designed very much of it right now, we just know we do want to have the recognition from the Horde and Alliance that we have to depose Garrosh as the leader of the Horde and reinstate Thrall as Warchief. I'm really excited about it from a player perspective, because I think if you're an Alliance player, the idea about doing a raid into the heart of your enemies capital is really satisfying, and deposing the enemy leader is super gratifying. On the Horde side, it's going to be super cool to have a raid in your own home town, and who doesn't want Thrall to be the leader of the Horde? (Source)
    From March 2012.
    And then something went wrong for Fay Wray and King Kong... Seriously, I wouldn't read too much into what Brack said. This seems to be targeted at the Garrosh haters/Thrall fans (back in 2012), but is by no means a confirmation that Thrall will be reinstated as Warchief. Thrall is too much of a demigod figure by now, and Blizzard has other/better plans for him.

There won't be a warchief on patch day. The resolution to Horde leadership will happen in 5.5, about 2-3 months down the line. At least that's my expectation atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpac View Post
    Thrall is too much of a demigod figure by now, and Blizzard has other/better plans for him.
    So they're going to kill him off? That'd be a relief at this point in the story given how much they've screwed up.

I think the only one I'd be mad to have return is Thrall. I think he for me has been ruined as a character over that last few years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    There won't be a warchief on patch day. The resolution to Horde leadership will happen in 5.5, about 2-3 months down the line. At least that's my expectation atm.
    It has been confirmed by Chilton and Stockton at gamescom that the SoO ending cinematic will reveal the next Warchief, and since guilds like Midwinter (hi Sloot!) will play through normal diff on day one, we will know for sure next Tuesday.