Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Happy Veterans Days!

A big salute to the most kickass military in the world. U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    A big salute to the most kickass military in the world. U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!
    Thats not what veterans day is for or about.
    Its like shouting Presents! Presents! To celebrate Christmas.
    Highly inappropriate. Since this is about Humans and not commercial goods its even more tasteless. You should be ashamed to smear the American WarVeterans.

U.S. President Woodrow Wilson first proclaimed Armistice Day for November 11, 1919. In proclaiming the holiday, he said

"To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations."

I can't find the word supperiority there or that it is the celebration of the Military in itself.

Deleted
    This will be interesting

Deleted
    Happy veteran's day, make sure to show you really care by donating a few to http://americanveteransaid.com/

Deleted
    a celebration of some people killing and being killed by other people? sign me up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to all of the Veterans for their service.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    a celebration of some people killing and being killed by other people? sign me up!
    It's not really that. It is a celebration of our military victories and the people who helped make it happen.

Deleted
    It's not really that. It is a celebration of our military victories and the people who helped make it happen.
    And Christmas is about Presents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    They fought for their country, and many payed the ultimate price. I would not be so tongue in cheek about that if i were you.

Deleted
    Happy veterans day guys, lets hope this thread does not get shit on like the remembrance day one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Happy veterans day guys, lets hope this thread does not get shit on like the remembrance day one.
    Lets go back there and chant OHH Britania, Britania Rules the Waves :X

I wouldnt bet on that

Also happy Remembrance/Veterans day to all those who have served and those who still serve in the armed forces around the world.

This was one of the most touching things I ever visited. The walls of the gate have the names of soldiers whose bodies were never found, every night they meet and play the song for one person on the wall, it will take them over 150 years to play the song for every name on the walls. It's not really related directly to Remembrance day but its fitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too late, the OP did that in the first line...deliberately, judging by their previous post history.

It's a shame that nobody has made a proper thread about this subject, rather than this one, which is intentionally meant to act as flamebait and, in my opinion, extremely disrespectful to the day itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I thought that nationalism wasn't allowed on these forums? Guess it is when it comes to USA.

Happy veteran day over there though, hope most Americans DO get the meaning of the day.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Not everyone is like the OP, and this thread will no doubt be closed. Inappropriate. But happy veteran's day to those who know what it really stands for.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Thank you all for the well wishes.

Less than 3% of the US even has the cajones to step up and enlist so that you may sleep well at night. I did my part, don't talk trash unless you have earned the right to.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Anyone taking the OP seriously should look at his avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Thank you all for the well wishes.

Less than 3% of the US even has the cajones to step up and enlist so that you may sleep well at night. I did my part, don't talk trash unless you have earned the right to.
    And that is the kind of superiority complex that pisses people off.

My well wishes go to those who don't try and make themselves out to be heroes just because they chose one career path over another.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post

This was one of the most touching things I ever visited. The walls of the gate have the names of soldiers whose bodies were never found, every night they meet and play the song for one person on the wall, it will take them over 150 years to play the song for every name on the walls. It's not really related directly to Remembrance day but its fitting.
    This is related to all the English, Belgian, French, German,.... soldiers who died at Flanders Fields. Its called "The Last Post". Its at the "Menenpoort" in Ypres.

As a Belgian historican and Flemish guy it is a heritage that lies close to my heart.