Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Read this cosplay help thread or i'll bite you :)

Hi there fellow Forum addicts ;-)

I'm planning on cosplaying as Marshall Lee from adventure time:

I am currently looking for elven ears & vampire teeth for this cosplay.
    Just bought these in a halloween store but the quality is really poor and it looks absolutely fake.

Anyone has a good suggestion where I can buy these? (online or Belgium)

I...what lol. Sorry I have no idea where to find those. Go to amazon or eBay....?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I...what lol. Sorry I have no idea where to find those. Go to amazon or eBay....?
    There are a lot of these on ebay and amazon.
    However it's hard to find good products. A lot of them look cool on the image, but suck irl.

op is obviously a furfag and an emo kid, disgusting.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-09-07 at 03:21 PM.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't post links yet, but try searching for "Small Elf Ears Costume- Latex Prosthetic Painted Medium" on Ebay. They seem to look pretty real. Or maybe try to paint over the ones you already bought?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    op is obviously a furfag and an emo kid, disgusting.
    Your post isn't very constructive and you're pretty immature, why isn't this guy allowed to have a hobby?

You need to post a picture because I cant see that cosplay turning out much different than everyday clothing with a hint of hipster

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    You need to post a picture because I cant see that cosplay turning out much different than everyday clothing with a hint of hipster
    I did other cosplays but wanted an easy one.
    The others are fun to do but cost a lot and take a lot of preparation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kranich View Post
    Can't post links yet, but try searching for "Small Elf Ears Costume- Latex Prosthetic Painted Medium" on Ebay. They seem to look pretty real. Or maybe try to paint over the ones you already bought?
    Thx, i'll try that in a minute!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    I did other cosplays but wanted an easy one.
    The others are fun to do but cost a lot and take a lot of preparation.

- - - Updated - - -

Thx, i'll try that in a minute!
    If you can't put time, money and effort into cosplay then you shouldn't be doing cosplay. No offense meant, but that's what defines cosplay for me. It's about showing your dedication and love for a franchise/series, not about being cheap and taking shortcuts.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is some stuff that is used in Warhammer models that can be moulded to make new shapes. I think it is called Green Stuff or something like that. Have you considered getting some of that and moulding it to the tips of your ears?
    Wow, my son must really like his computer desktop background, cos he is always looking at it when I walk unannounced into his room! Believed no parent ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, I'm not pretty sure you will get much help here, but you should try going to http://boards.4chan.org/cgl/catalog

/CGL/ is only about cosplay and lolitas, you could ask there and i'm pretty sure many people will tell you where to get them

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    If you can't put time, money and effort into cosplay then you shouldn't be doing cosplay. No offense meant, but that's what defines cosplay for me. It's about showing your dedication and love for a franchise/series, not about being cheap and taking shortcuts.
    Time & effort is no problem. Money is.

I think it's a bit stupid I can't practise my hobby because I don't have the money to buy expensive materials.
    Why can't I do a simple cosplay and make it as good as possible?

Also, I have 0 sewing skills & even with manuals I make poor progress .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    OP, I'm not pretty sure you will get much help here, but you should try going to http://boards.4chan.org/cgl/catalog

/CGL/ is only about cosplay and lolitas, you could ask there and i'm pretty sure many people will tell you where to get them
    Thanks! Will definately check there.

my friends useally get their cosplay stuff from ebay bro
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Everyone knows any cosplay gear worth a dam is homemade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I have to agree.

If you can't afford doing a great cosplay, save up for the next occasion. One great > multiple half-assed ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I don't think he's trying to enter a competition. I could be wrong. Have you checked your local Halloween store?

Sorry didn't see the part about your halloween store. I wish you luck though.

Have you checked out the show called Heroes of Cosplay? really entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    I have to agree.

If you can't afford doing a great cosplay, save up for the next occasion. One great > multiple half-assed ones.
    Well I'm not entering any contest.

I'm working on a long term cosplay project but as I said before: my sewing skills suck. I'm trying to improve, but it's very hard to do so by myself.
    When visiting fairs it itches to cosplay as well and I know it will take some years before my cosplay project is finished and I'm fully satisfied.

I see no problem in doing an easy cosplay? I'll have to sew my own blouse, cut the black wig, paint my skin gray and make my own red guitare...
    It's not just putting on a troll face or holding a free hugs sign.

Deleted
    Dont. Just dont.

There is nothing as sad and pathetic as a cheap cosplay outfit.

Its like showing up in tuxedo and saying you're cosplaying James bond.
    Fuck me, you're even too lazy to find your own simple shit. Really? You REALLY cant find decent vampire teeth and elf ears yourself.

just...fucking...dont...

Doing this, you'll just look like a hipster douchebag that reads twilight.

Type in cosplay in Google to see REAL cosplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Time & effort is no problem. Money is.

I think it's a bit stupid I can't practise my hobby because I don't have the money to buy expensive materials.
    Why can't I do a simple cosplay and make it as good as possible?

Also, I have 0 sewing skills & even with manuals I make poor progress :(.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Will definately check there.
    It is also a bit stupid to pick a fucking expensive hobby when you are low on cash.

How bout you pick up sewing as a hobby BEFORE trying to cosplay. Take classes?
    i've got a friend who took classes to make her own outfits, both fro cosplay and daily wear.
    She also manages to sell some of them and used to take commisions.
    Last edited by mmoc878ebd00c0; 2013-09-07 at 07:48 PM.

I know what REAL cosplay is, thank you very much.
    I think people should be free to decide wheter they want to cosplay or not.

If you're not that talented and don't have that much cash, go for a simple cosplays & make simple props. Just look you've got all the details right.
    After a while you'll progress and get better & better.

Then you can go for the REAL cosplays, as you call it. Have you ever watched a cosplay turorial? They always advise people to start small, as to not get discouraged.

Frankly I don't understand the rage from you guys: I'm going for the marshall lee cosplay because I love the series and like the characters. Is it very hard to do? No.
    Can you screw it up? Yes. Will I make my own props, buy decent attributes and make the simple costume? Yes.

Thanks to the people who put real suggestions instead of making me believe I should be ashamed of myself for trying to cosplay this.

Djeez...

And yes i'll take on sewing classes, they start in november...

10+ Year Old Account
    For custom fangs please visit, www.hsjfangsmith.com

My g/f wanted to get fangs made while we were at a Con and we ran across these guys. They are very good, the mold your tooth and make a temporary fang that fits in your mouth naturally. You will have a lisp for a while during the time it takes to get used to wearing it. But eventually you do get used to it and can proceed talking like normal.

As for Elf Ears, I can ask friends where to get them. I have many friends in the Convention Burlesque scene, and also a ton of very serious cosplay friends. Just let me know if you would like me to look into it for you.

I'll send this in a PM as well in case some of the replies here have scared you off.

- - - Updated - - -

I know what REAL cosplay is, thank you very much.
    I think people should be free to decide wheter they want to cosplay or not.

If you're not that talented and don't have that much cash, go for a simple cosplays & make simple props. Just look you've got all the details right.
    After a while you'll progress and get better & better.

Then you can go for the REAL cosplays, as you call it. Have you ever watched a cosplay turorial? They always advise people to start small, as to not get discouraged.

Frankly I don't understand the rage from you guys: I'm going for the marshall lee cosplay because I love the series and like the characters. Is it very hard to do? No.
    Can you screw it up? Yes. Will I make my own props, buy decent attributes and make the simple costume? Yes.

Thanks to the people who put real suggestions instead of making me believe I should be ashamed of myself for trying to cosplay this.

Djeez...

And yes i'll take on sewing classes, they start in november...
    Don't sweat it man. Many Cosplayers are snobs and are terribly opinionated, Elitists if you will.

Doing Marshal should be quite an easy cosplay. I already sent you a link to a great place to buy fangs. I would next be certain to get the right makeup. I would find a friend who is a beautician, they will know best how to blend the skin tone to ensure you have that semi-undead look. The rest is pretty easy, just a shirt and jeans which you can find at Khols or quite likely in your own closet.

If you walk around Cons enough, you will see many cosplays which are mostly just regular day to day clothes. No shame in it, if it is a character you love, then do it. At least you will be comfy while others are trying to figure out how to get their 10ft wing span through a door way = )
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.