Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Items to stockpile for 5.4

What is everyone stockpiling for 5.4? Since I only have 3 professions maxed so far I'm planning to stockpile Living Steel, Magnificent Hide, and Infernal Rubies. And possibly start a small batch of Golden Lotus and Exotic Leather. And of course Spirits.

On a side note, I cant for the life of me figure out why Tiger Opal sell so much more then every other green gem, any thoughts?
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2013-08-30 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    What is everyone stockpiling for 5.4? Since I only have 3 professions maxed so far I'm planning to stockpile Living Steel, Magnificent Hide, and Infernal Rubies. And possibly start a small batch of Golden Lotus and Exotic Leather. And of course Spirits.

On a side note, I cant for the life of me figure out why Tiger Opal sell so much more then every other green gem, any thoughts?
    What are Infernal Rubies? Guessing you mean the rare red gem Primordial Ruby, but that's a pretty worthless gem, most classes seem to stack Orange gems in their red sockets. Orange being more usefull is also why Tiger Opal is more expensive/sells better. Can transmute it with 1 golden lotus to make a Vermillion Onyx, which usually sells for double the price of the Golden Lotus, making it a lucrative thing to transmute.

You might some more general information about what people are stocking up on in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-to-stock-up

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    What are Infernal Rubies? Guessing you mean the rare red gem Primordial Ruby, but that's a pretty worthless gem, most classes seem to stack Orange gems in their red sockets. Orange being more usefull is also why Tiger Opal is more expensive/sells better. Can transmute it with 1 golden lotus to make a Vermillion Onyx, which usually sells for double the price of the Golden Lotus, making it a lucrative thing to transmute.

You might some more general information about what people are stocking up on in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...at-to-stock-up
    You are right I meant Primordial, on my server most sell for around 50 or so cut, with jumps on Tuesdays. So i would assume come patch they would increase. I havent played for a while so i was unaware everyone was using oranges. Ill check the other post out.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Maybe because mix-color gems are used for meta gem transmutes* and out of those, red/yellow is probably the most popular combination?

* And the uncommon gems can be combined with a golden lotus via transmute to get a rare gem

I heard living steel will be dead pretty much (well belts will still need buckles) but i heard trillium should be kept and room temp for 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    I heard living steel will be dead pretty much (well belts will still need buckles) but i heard trillium should be kept and room temp for 5.4
    Living Steel will still be in demand for the new engi mount on servers where ppl have enough money to buy the damn thing.
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Guessing you mean the rare red gem Primordial Ruby, but that's a pretty worthless gem, most classes seem to stack Orange gems in their red sockets.
    With the nerfs to rPPM the value of Haste is going to go down for a lot of classes and people will start using pure primary stats again.

I'm sure server population would play a part in that though, yeah? On my realm (Illidan) I find that most gems generally sell ~50g per. There's so many people though that even cut Primordial Rubies sell really quickly, and the cost of golden lotus being 50g, it seems not all that worth it to really transmute any of the gems unless I just happen to have lotus lying around. Unless I'm wrong? Not to say I don't turn a profit off of buying ore in bulk and shuffling, I'm unsure if it's worth transmuting the opals though, given my server economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    living steel for the golem mount
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    so far have
    60 Living Steel, and Producing 3 a day
    Getting Close to 1000 Flasks
    Over 6000 in various Potions.
    700+ Uncut Gems.
    Loads of Pre Mop Enchants
    couple of bank tabs of flowers

Cant wait for the patch to hit so I can free up some bank space

Um, is stockpiling even a good idea? Since the virtual realms will be in place and the AH will be flooded with the items from the other servers, won't that reduce the price of the mats drastically?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    Um, is stockpiling even a good idea? Since the virtual realms will be in place and the AH will be flooded with the items from the other servers, won't that reduce the price of the mats drastically?
    Virtual realms however will not be there next week so it's okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Virtual realms however will not be there next week so it's okay.
    Any idea on when it will happen for a crossrealm AH though ?

That's what I want to know Firebane. If the virtual realms arrives with the patch, stockpiling materials is not going to be a good investment. Yes, you will have a fair amount of mats, but so will the other people from the other servers, and if the crossrealm AH works like I think it does, the undercutting will be fierce.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    That's what I want to know Firebane. If the virtual realms arrives with the patch, stockpiling materials is not going to be a good investment. Yes, you will have a fair amount of mats, but so will the other people from the other servers, and if the crossrealm AH works like I think it does, the undercutting will be fierce.
    Also they stated that at the start they will merge only the dead servers in order to fix the population issues while high population servers should have nothing to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I think most of the Crafting Materials' Cost will increase because all new Items require more of them than the Previous ones.
    Example #1: Crafted Cloth Gear from 4-6 to 6-8 Bolts
    Not just that, there's the materials needed for the new cooldowns as well. Those will mean higher prices for mats as well. I'm certain to be using my old cooldowns for the old stuff that will still have some market and the new cooldown for the new craftable gear, so the amount of materials needed will rise (at first at least).

Harmonies will go boa or not even any bound at all in 5.4, which is it again+

Currently i have:

1000 X Golden Lotus (Have an Elixer Master)
    500X Living Steel (Have 2 X Xmute Master)
    1000 of every Herb (2 X Potion master)
    200 Spirits of Harmony (On My Engineer)
    200 of Every Rare Gem (On my Jc)
    200 Primal diamond ( On my JC).

and about 3 tabs full of Ghost Iron Ore.

Have 2 almost full G Banks :P

so i think im set for a little While.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    couple of tabs of enchanting mats and gems, also 25K ores still to find some goal for

My main focus is my 3x Engineers so im buying a Little ore. Think I have about 300 stack bars and 200 stack ore atm.

Engi:
    3x Daily - 30 bars - 60 ore

BS:
    1x Daily - 10 bare - 20 ore

Alchemy:
    2x Daily - 12 Trillium - 120 bars - 240 ores

Total of 320 ores (16 stacks) each day - not counting procs on Trillium.

+ Tailoring and Inscription daily.