Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Whole family loving the heck out of D3 on PS3.

Even my wife, who has not touched a video game since SSX 2.... so what is that, about 7 - 8 years ago? Maybe more? ( well, except Wii games )

We have barely put a dent in it, as we are only just past talking to Deckard Cain, but that is because my wife and kids ( twin daughters ) have no idea how to play on game consoles other than the Wii. But they are picking it up really fast. And it is so cool, that when I am in the office playing WoW, I can hear them in the family room laughing it up and having an awesome time.

Personally, D3 was bad on the PC for me because my PC is an all in one, with no video card, and it couldn't keep up with the game. I gave up on it rather quickly because of how poorly it played. But playing it on a 65" screen with a great audio system is just awesome.

I'm only writing this because I wanted to tell folks that if they are on the fence about getting it for family use, well, obviously, I say "go for it!"

i dont see how it would be hard to adjust to a game with a traditional controller after playing wii games.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

OP confirmed blizzard employee

Infracted. Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-06 at 02:27 AM.

Deleted
    Nice try, Jay.

Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-06 at 02:36 AM.

Nice that you are have good time playing it.It's a fresh air of all those complains about the game.It's good to see people that like the game too

You said it yourself, you've barely put a dent in the game. I wonder how long they will stay playing it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Nice that you are have good time playing it.It's a fresh air of all those complains about the game.It's good to see people that like the game too
    Haters gonna hate. Don't listen to retards still blinded by the abomination that was diablo 2. Idiots like that say the game is dead and nobody plays. Yeah, that explains why I join a public game its instant.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Haters gonna hate. Don't listen to retards still blinded by the abomination that was diablo 2. Idiots like that say the game is dead and nobody plays. Yeah, that explains why I join a public game its instant.
    Lol dissin D2, trollin hard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Haters gonna hate. Don't listen to retards still blinded by the abomination that was diablo 3. Idiots like that say the game is dead and nobody plays. Yeah, that explains why I join a public game its instant.
    fixed that for you

You didn't like Diablo 3 on the PC because you have a bad PC, and actually go as far as saying Blizzard is at fault for you having a bad PC and not making the game for your PC?

The PS3 is the equivalent of an 7-8 year old PC. It's old, really old. If you have a PC that can't run Diablo 3, geez, update instead of buying PS3 games and 65 inch TVs.

And Diablo 3 on the PC was perfect, so no, I won't be buying it on the Xbox360 or PS3.

Personally I loved Diablo 3!
    I don't play games expecting to play them forever or even to make $$ out of them!

I was totally into the game for 1, 1 and 1/2 month, raised 3 chars to 60, finished the game in all difficulties and then stopped play it completely.
    Had no issues with bugs besides 1 or 2 hickups on login in the first day!

I play hundreds of games a year and there is like 1 or 2 that keeps me interested for more than a week! or that I actually replay with a different character or difficulty! I really don't see why all the hate, tbh!

Its not Diablo2, yeah... but so what? not all games need to be as epic as d2 was...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    You didn't like Diablo 3 on the PC because you have a bad PC, and actually go as far as saying Blizzard is at fault for you having a bad PC and not making the game for your PC?

The PS3 is the equivalent of an 7-8 year old PC. It's old, really old. If you have a PC that can't run Diablo 3, geez, update instead of buying PS3 games and 65 inch TVs.

And Diablo 3 on the PC was perfect, so no, I won't be buying it on the Xbox360 or PS3.
    Your comprehension skills are severely lacking. Nowhere did I blame Blizzard. I blamed my crappy PC that doesn't have a video card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Computers can have 32/40/50" TV screens. Computers can be used by more than one person.

Having a poor spec computer isn't Blizzard's fault :P

(I liked D3, I just never played D2 so never went in expecting the impossible and unlikely)

Why are people saying the OP is blaming Blizzard for him not enjoying it on his old PC?

He clearly states it's the fault of his computer that he didn't enjoy it.

Anyway back on topic, I think I will get this for the console but I might wait for the PS4 version since I already have it pre-ordered and paid off. Not sure if there will be any differences, even graphically because D3 isn't really intensive.

I'm glad your whole family enjoys it, I foresee my nephew and I spending a lot of time with local coop.

I am loving d3 still after a year, annual pass ftw!

I plan on buying it for christmas for my cousin/uncle. They play the hell out of borderlands 2, and I'm sure they'd enjoy this game, just knowing who they are. I'm honestly excited to give it to them, but I have to wait so long =(

Deleted
    People need to actually read OPs > . >

Glad to hear you are enjoying it, i got about 70 hours out of D3 , decent by my standards.

Good to hear you're enjoying yourself. I won't be buying the console version, but that's because I'm still thoroughly enjoying myself on the PC version I can't wait for the new expansion, the new class looks awesome! Ignore all the D3 haters, what they forget is that D2 had a lot of the same issues D3 has now before their first expansion. Even with the issues D3 has I've enjoyed D3 since release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont see how it would be hard to adjust to a game with a traditional controller after playing wii games.
    If you are not a regular gamer it can in fact take a while to transition to new controls if you have got used to other control schemes. It's not really that uncommon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    You said it yourself, you've barely put a dent in the game. I wonder how long they will stay playing it...
    How long someone plays a game and how much of that time is enjoyable are not one and the same. Even if they only play 10 hours in total and then put it aside it can still be considered a success if they enjoyed it from start to finish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why people hating on a guy that is clearly enjoying a game and is happy his family is having fun?

OT: Glad you finally get to enjoy the game I put maybe 200 hours into it in the first 3 months and have been playing it on off for the past 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Not sure if there will be any differences, even graphically because D3 isn't really intensive.
    From what I have heard, the graphics are worse on the Playstation 3 than on the PC, and I have no reason to doubt that. D3 may not be at the top of high end graphics games by a long shot, but it still is advanced enough to make the PS3 have issues running it at that level. Playstation 4 will very likely be able to run the game on the highest settings.