Trundle's Destruction Warlock Guide (Siege of Orgrimmar)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14730112932

CBA to reformat the spacing and etc :s

Feel free to reply there or on here if you have any comments or criticisms.

Aren't you a bit late?

With all these spec guides floating around, i was expecting something more in depth on boss fights, such as the garrosh section on the bottom!

Good work anyway i guess.

Yeah I 100% agree that i'm VERY late to writing this.

The truth is that I had started it a while ago, took a break, and just started it back up recently just so I could publish it for the sake of having it out even if it's only going to be applicable for a couple of weeks.

I totally agree that it's going to be largely obsolete for a couple of weeks but I think if a struggling warlock was to read it they would be able to understand their playstyle issues and hopefully push some of the last bosses before 6.0 hits.

Thanks for the comment, I wish I could have went as in depth on every boss as Garrosh but the unfortunate truth is I don't have the drive to do that with other bosses aside from Garrosh (I just LOVE Garrosh).

My biggest goal with the guide is probably having a 13/14h Warlock read it, potentially share it with the other destruction warlocks in the guild, and collectively improve their dps enough to get the kill and push the phases correctly. I've already done this for some guilds on my server verbally by helping their locks with their dps on garrosh verbally but seeing it happen off of a written guide would make my day.

Out of curiosity, why Glyph of Siphon Life over Glyph of Havoc? Glyphed Havoc is really nice in the JT intermission. Did you find that FnB was more reliable for dealing with the adds? Outside of that, I'll pass this along, since we're exactly in the boat you're describing (and on Area-52, too).

Quote Originally Posted by Janglybits View Post
    Out of curiosity, why Glyph of Siphon Life over Glyph of Havoc? Glyphed Havoc is really nice in the JT intermission. Did you find that FnB was more reliable for dealing with the adds? Outside of that, I'll pass this along, since we're exactly in the boat you're describing (and on Area-52, too).
    That is a very good point and I want to thank you for asking that question.

As for the answer, If Glyphed Havoc is very niche and that's the main reason I didn't mention it in the guide (I probably should have put something about it in there now that I think about it).

Havoc without Glyph: 25s cd and 3 charges

Havoc with glyph: 60s cd and 6 charges

Therefore, solely from a mathematical standpoint, if you are using havoc whenever it's off cd (you will need to during phase 2 for increased ember regeneration), it is better to take it not glyphed since you will net more havoc charges throughout the fight.

Glyphed havoc would actually be more helpful in the first intermission if you are struggling damage wise but it will honestly hinder your performance throughout the rest of the fight (and even phase 1). With the cd havoc has right now it's perfect for Garrosh since having it up every 25 seconds instead of a minute gives you a higher chance that you will have havoc up or about to come up while a KTT proc is active.

There are some fights that Glyphed Havoc is a dps gain though just because of the structure of the fight. This would entail Thok if your jailer dies in less than 50 seconds.

Long story short:

if you are consistently using havoc whenever it's up, it's pretty much better to not glyph it.

if you are only using havoc during certain parts of the fight (part that are spaced out, not like malk adds), it's pretty much better to glyph it.

This obviously only holds true on the overall picture though, if your warlocks need to take Glyphed Havoc to do intermission damage then I say go for it.

The thing with using FnB in the intermission is that it takes a huge amount of self control to empty your embers from 4 to 0 in the intermission when it may seem that the main goal is to dump those into the boss. As for that, I'm going to have to say just do whatever it takes to get the kill (even if it involves using 4 embers on the embodied doubts that you could have used on the boss)

Anyways, if you have any more questions feel free to reply here, there, or to add my btag (we're on the same realm though anyways) samuri#1289