10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Weren't the Browns not-terrible this year? Why would they lose a coach?

I get Sunday off, might as well say Denver/Seattle Super Bowl. It goes against everything I usually say, since they're both one seeds, but this year I don't suspect any surprises like usual (stupid Ravens and Giants).
    Something that has been mentioned on Baltimore talk radio recently (in regards to Norv Turner), all of the coaches/coordinators in Cleveland were told at the end of Dec. that they were free to interview for other positions. They've already decided that they're not bringing any of them back, no matter who the new HC is.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Ravens have an opening at OC and they interviewed ... Kyle Shanahan.

I have nothing against Shanahan, but what is the point of even looking at him when Norv Turner and Gary Kubiak are still available?
    Sometimes you interview people just to show that others are interested as well. Norv Turner and Gary Kubiak might be more interested in taking the job quickly instead of considering their options if they know they have competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    No update on Harvin yet.

I can't remember being this excited for a conference championship weekend. In an era where it's oh-so-easy to shit on all sorts of narratives and drown excitement in a sea of analysis, I'm just all in on the excitement of these games. It really is a treat to get to see another Peyton-Brady matchup. Obviously the rest of those teams will have at least as much to do with any outcome as the QBs, but these matchups are the ones that football fans are going to remember for decades.

- - - Updated - - -

Vetali, that Baldwin sig is pretty fantastic. What's that from? There's something about the image that's really just hyponotizing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Vetali, that Baldwin sig is pretty fantastic. What's that from? There's something about the image that's really just hyponotizing.
    https://twitter.com/PossPhotography/...62753894486016 There is the actual original. I love the picture. Was gonna stick with the Lynch baby stiff arm sig for the rest of the season, but when I saw that I had to switch. Its from the Saints game, sometime in the 2nd half.

Doug Baldwin is slowly turning into my favorite player. I read this great blog post about his and Richard Shermans relationship with each other.

There's something that's just incredibly elemental about that shot. You can almost feel what Baldwin's feeling. Well, maybe you can't, it feels that way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    There's something that's just incredibly elemental about that shot. You can almost feel what Baldwin's feeling. Well, maybe you can't, it feels that way!
    Nah I know what you mean, and I get that feeling too. Normally football, and sports photos are very action-y shots. One like that is different.

10+ Year Old Account
    This totally made me think of that Seinfeld episode when Elaine's date "took it out"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...market-say-no/

LOL, wtf goes on in these guys head to do shit like that. I mean I will hit the hippy hay once and a while but have NEVER thought about whippin it out.

had to say your Sig does kick much ass. That pic of Baldwin is sweet and would be a cool poster for the shop or a man cave
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2014-01-17 at 06:27 PM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

15+ Year Old Account
    You know, I was thinking, if Denver and Seattle both make it to the superbowl it could be one of the most smokiest one there has been.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    You know, I was thinking, if Denver and Seattle both make it to the superbowl it could be one of the most smokiest one there has been.
    Don't think Washington state has allowed marijuana yet?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    This totally made me think of that Seinfeld episode when Elaine's date "took it out"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...market-say-no/

LOL, wtf goes on in these guys head to do shit like that. I mean I will hit the hippy hay once and a while but have NEVER thought about whippin it out.

had to say your Sig does kick much ass. That pic of Baldwin is sweet and would be a cool poster for the shop or a man cave
    I saw that story about Winslow. Sad shit. I still laughed though.

Thanks, would be kinda neat to get printed in poster size.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Don't think Washington state has allowed marijuana yet?..
    Yes we have. Hasn't really been as big as an effect as people made it out to be.

Percy Harvin will not play Sunday.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2014-01-17 at 11:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yes we have. Hasn't really been as big as an effect as people made it out to be.
    I just remember reading that Washington was suppose to get it "later in 2014", I guess they meant 2 weeks later lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I just remember reading that Washington was suppose to get it "later in 2014", I guess they meant 2 weeks later lol.
    It got approved and legalized soon after the vote occurred last year. Places have been popping up where I live, but they aren't very active.

Some shit is going on, Darren Sharper arrested on suspicion of rape. Fired from NFL network

Geno Smith kicked off airplane for fighting with a flight attendant

10+ Year Old Account
    I read this and get veritably angry that Seahawks bashers swear that Richard Sherman is the worst person in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I read this and get veritably angry that Seahawks bashers swear that Richard Sherman is the worst person in the NFL.
    He actually seems like a pretty cool dude off the field from what I've seen...he just gets really into trash talking and seems to let all his energy out during the game. I didn't like him at first but I really think that's just his way of giving his all to the game..and when it pisses off the other team sometimes they may not perform as well, so it's not a bad strategy. And he knows he's being obnoxious, with a lot of players that's just how they are and they don't even know. The 49ers have more obnoxious players, IMO....like Kap and his ego three times the size of Texas.

Anyways, I'm not surprised by this news. It's pretty pathetic when you've got it all made like Sharper and then you go out and do shit like that and ruin other people's lives in addition to your own (provided it's true, which it probably is). Perhaps he and Hernandez can be cell mates.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-01-18 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    He actually seems like a pretty cool dude off the field from what I've seen...he just gets really into trash talking and seems to let all his energy out during the game. I didn't like him at first but I really think that's just his way of giving his all to the game..and when it pisses off the other team sometimes they may not perform as well, so it's not a bad strategy. And he knows he's being obnoxious, with a lot of players that's just how they are and they don't even know. The 49ers have more obnoxious players, IMO....like Kap and his ego three times the size of Texas.

Anyways, I'm not surprised by this news. It's pretty pathetic when you've got it all made like Sharper and then you go out and do shit like that and ruin other people's lives in addition to your own (provided it's true, which it probably is). Perhaps he and Hernandez can be cell mates.
    Even on the field Sherman isn't as bad as the media plays it out. He trash talks QBs more than anything though. He wants them to throw his way. He did it with Brady, and got a pick.

One thing that a lot of people don't see because of commercials, that during breaks the PA system plays music. Whenever that happens the defense starts dancing with each other. I thought it was kinda cool to see the opposing teams offense just stare at them while they are having fun.

During pregame warmups usually the whole secondary comes on the field as a unit, then they go right to the sidelines and meet with the field pass people (which at the time I was there was a lot of vets and kids). I thought that was cool, cause the only other people that really did that that I can remember was Pete Carroll and Percy Harvin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last minute predictions. Denver over New England and San Francisco over Seattle.

Not cause I want them to win, but because I'd HATE either of those 2 teams to win, and that's usually just my luck to have that happen then. If it does it will be one lame Superbowl to watch, where I want neither team to win.

Go Patriots!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Last minute predictions. Denver over New England and San Francisco over Seattle.

Not cause I want them to win, but because I'd HATE either of those 2 teams to win, and that's usually just my luck to have that happen then. If it does it will be one lame Superbowl to watch, where I want neither team to win.

Go Patriots!
    I made my picks because, normally, you have a dark horse team that got hot and made their way to the title game. This year, none of the four teams are a surprise, so I don't expect the winners to be a surprise either. So, both 1 seeds going in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talib down, well that's just the icing on the cake. There's no way we can handle Denver's passing attack with our best corner out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, right now the running game is killing the Pats more than the passing attack on this drive.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!