10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Awww man. That just sucks so much, I love that big man. Saw an interview with him after the Thursday night game, and he's just such a professional. He wasn't complaining about the offense or the recievers, just really upbeat and positive about how the defense was doing. He's a big loss, even more so as a leader and an example.

Bet you anything we sign someone at Defensive line now. We only had 3 guys I think for the DT/NT positions to rotate, so with 1 out we are paper thin. I fully expect us to be run on next week, and possibly succesfully. Bengals have a pretty good run combo, so they should be able to if they want.

Bah. Just as the offense decides to be good enough to possibly play a role going forward the defense takes a hit. I'll just keep my expectations low for the season, namely us batteling with Miami to decide who gets to go to the playoffs.
    Vince Wilfork is a great guy. Sucks to see him go down like that. Even worse that because people fake injuries, that the real injuries get boo'd by the crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Vince Wilfork is a great guy. Sucks to see him go down like that. Even worse that because people fake injuries, that the real injuries get boo'd by the crowd.
    Yeah I am rather disgusted with these crowds. Booing an injured man because he might be faking it. And for what, they benefit from the time out too, maybe not as much, but their team gets to rest too, and im sure those big guys on the O line make use of it.

Or in St Louis on Thurs, booing your own team. Guess it could be worse, at least they aren't knifing/clubbing/shooting people in the parking lot like after baseball games.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-09-30 at 07:40 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think the titans are better than people were expecting. Obviously, the Dolphins and Chiefs have the records to show that, but don't count out the Titans.

I just wonder who the fakers are. At the end of the season, which of these unbeaten teams will be 6-10?
    Of the undefeateds, the only one I'd take to have a chance to finish with 8 or fewer wins would be Kansas City. If Denver finishes 12-4 I'd be shocked. Same goes for Seattle. Miami could lose tonight, but they still play 4 against Buffalo and the Jets with games against the Bucs, Shittsburgh, the Bungles, Panthers, and Chargers. I don't see 8+ losses on there. New England apparently isn't going to die so they are in at 11-5 or 12-4. The Saints division is apparently terrible (wtf Atlanta). Kansas City's division is a whole lot better than expected and their schedule is suddenly tough. The Titans game is competitive. The Browns game apparently isn't a sure thing anymore. Tennessee, Oakland x2, Houston, Denver x2, San Diego x2, Cleveland, Washington, Buffalo and Indy? I can find 8+ losses in there if things go bad (aka Charles gets hurt).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Vince Wilfork tore his Achilles tendon. Probably out for the season.
    Time to break out the video cameras.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the Thursday night game was moved to 11:35 P.M. ET

Nobody gonna watch that shit now, not even me.

It's a Sunday Night game. Thursday is Buffalo at Cleveland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpenth View Post
    It's a Sunday Night game. Thursday is Buffalo at Cleveland.
    I read "on NFL network" and assumed it was a Thursday game.

Oh well.

15+ Year Old Account

Yikes. 11:35 EST is insane. Wouldn't watch Raiders and Chargers anyways, but that is crazy. Its too bad the NFL has to adjust for baseball when the Raiders game was going to draw a bigger crowd and get a better rating. The Raiders need their own stadium although that will probably happen soon enough (in LA). Then again the A's will probably be gone too.

Awww man. That just sucks so much, I love that big man. Saw an interview with him after the Thursday night game, and he's just such a professional. He wasn't complaining about the offense or the recievers, just really upbeat and positive about how the defense was doing. He's a big loss, even more so as a leader and an example.

Bet you anything we sign someone at Defensive line now. We only had 3 guys I think for the DT/NT positions to rotate, so with 1 out we are paper thin. I fully expect us to be run on next week, and possibly succesfully. Bengals have a pretty good run combo, so they should be able to if they want.

Bah. Just as the offense decides to be good enough to possibly play a role going forward the defense takes a hit. I'll just keep my expectations low for the season, namely us batteling with Miami to decide who gets to go to the playoffs.
    I'm no more worried than I was before. We aren't 'the usual' Pats so far this year, but we're obviously still missing two key offensive players, yet we've had other people make really big plays for us, some of whom I think were probably janitors at the stadium they brought in to play before the game started. Losing Wilfork still sucks ass for the reasons you stated but other teams still have it a lot worse off than we do concerning injuries. The Dolphins definitely look a lot better this year than they did last year, but ATM I still believe we are the superior team, in large part because Tannehill makes so many mistakes, turning the ball over and such. I also don't pay that much attention to them, but the Bengals seem like an extremely inconsistent team, if we can just get our there, make some plays and limit mistakes, we're going to win. In the near future I'm most worried about the Saints, and I think that will be the first true measure of how the Pats are going to do against a solid, relatively healthy team.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in.

The Saints are good.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, these Saints are good. I dunno if there is another offense as good besides Denver. Plus they are a hungry team, makes them scarier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    This just in.

The Saints are good.
    Meh. Yes, the Saints are good, but Miami offense is helping them BE good a bit too much to my tastes. I think the Saints at the Bears, and at the Patriots in the next 2 weeks will tell us just how good this team is. With an outdoor Superbowl I'd like to see the Saints prove they can win outdoors, away from their own stadium. Their only outdoor & away game this year was far from convincing (against the Bucs).

Taking Brees in the first round has definitely paid off for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Yes, the Saints are good, but Miami offense is helping them BE good a bit too much to my tastes. I think the Saints at the Bears, and at the Patriots in the next 2 weeks will tell us just how good this team is. With an outdoor Superbowl I'd like to see the Saints prove they can win outdoors, away from their own stadium. Their only outdoor & away game this year was far from convincing (against the Bucs).
    Because if there is one thing we can rely on the Bears not to do it is give up horrible turnovers we can turn into touchdowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    the defense really stepped up in the 3rd quarter and the game was over from then on, if I were a dolphins fan I would be distressed by how overwhelmed by prevent defense they were

turnovers really killed Miami in this one, the defense made nice plays on the takeaways

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if there is one thing we can rely on the Bears not to do it is give up horrible turnovers we can turn into touchdowns.
    Hahaha, yeah, they've still got Cutler. I suppose you'll likely get to play opportunistic defense again and force some things.

Still, that's part of this team's style, and what they need to keep doing to succeed. My contention (which I stated) was with the Saints in an outdoor environment, and without their good homecrowd. I can't shake that Tampa game where they struggled. I saw most of that match cause it started so late due to weather, and they did not look good then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, yeah, they've still got Cutler. I suppose you'll likely get to play opportunistic defense again and force some things.

Still, that's part of this team's style, and what they need to keep doing to succeed. My contention (which I stated) was with the Saints in an outdoor environment, and without their good homecrowd. I can't shake that Tampa game where they struggled. I saw most of that match cause it started so late due to weather, and they did not look good then.
    See I saw that game and was impressed by what I saw. I've seen a lot of Saints football in my years of living in New Orleans (fan from the Mora years on so I know pain). We always find ways to lose those games when our offense doesn't click. But our defense found a way to keep us in it and after that missed FG (which was set up by another impressive defensive stand) our offense came out there and won that game. That was the great thing about that game. Last year we play that way and we lose a game 99% of the time.

That said against a better team I agree that our offense struggling in that fashion is gonna result in the game being put out of reach without a beastly defensive performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Again on the Saints D beat. Saints gave up 331 yards, 3-9 on 3rd down, 4 turnovers, 4 sacks, and 17 points. Another great performance coming from last year's debacle.

10+ Year Old Account
    See I saw that game and was impressed by what I saw. I've seen a lot of Saints football in my years of living in New Orleans (fan from the Mora years on so I know pain). We always find ways to lose those games when our offense doesn't click. But our defense found a way to keep us in it and after that missed FG (which was set up by another impressive defensive stand) our offense came out there and won that game. That was the great thing about that game. Last year we play that way and we lose a game 99% of the time.

That said against a better team I agree that our offense struggling in that fashion is gonna result in the game being put out of reach without a beastly defensive performance.
    Mhmm, offense completely nailed it at the end, they were awesome getting in range for the field goal. I'd just like to see if they struggle on offense more often when they are away from home, and in an outdoor stadium. I'm not thinking next 2 weeks here or the regular season, but more post season and Superbowl. I think they've proven well enough that they'll make it to the playoffs, so I'm VERY curious about what they can/can't do to see how they match up against the rest of the NFC for the post season.

If they manage to show they can play as well as they did tonight in the next 2 weeks then I'm moving them ahead of the Seahawks in the NFC. Seahawks have been too easily stopped on offense for my liking (or have just struggled there at times at least).

10+ Year Old Account
    Mhmm, offense completely nailed it at the end, they were awesome getting in range for the field goal. I'd just like to see if they struggle on offense more often when they are away from home, and in an outdoor stadium. I'm not thinking next 2 weeks here or the regular season, but more post season and Superbowl. I think they've proven well enough that they'll make it to the playoffs, so I'm VERY curious about what they can/can't do to see how they match up against the rest of the NFC for the post season.

If they manage to show they can play as well as they did tonight in the next 2 weeks then I'm moving them ahead of the Seahawks in the NFC. Seahawks have been too easily stopped on offense for my liking (or have just struggled there at times at least).
    I think that matchup (Saints v Seahawks) is gonna be a matter of who looks like it has homefield advantage in a playoff game. i don't think Saints win in Seattle and I don't think Seattle wins in the Superdome. That said we play them Week 13 in Seattle so we get to let them show us who should be ahead eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just looking at it Seattle has a BYE before that game and the saints have a Thursday game the week before and that game is on a Monday. Plenty of rest and gameplan time for each. Damn that looks like potentially a great one.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll watch it. I don't get home from work until 1 a.m. or later.