Razer Naga question

I have an original Razer Naga ( I don't even know the name and I don't think they sell them anymore.) and I've had it for around 3 years. I'm having problems with the right click. It shorts out every few seconds. I've taken it apart and cleaned it so I think it's just a short somewhere. I'm wondering if someone knows a quick fix or if I should spend the money on a new one since mine is pretty old now.

It's apparently one of the problems (not happened to me or anyone I know) with the Naga, you're probably going to have to get a new one though as every post I've seen about it here never suggest a fix, they just hate and list other brands.

That's what I figured. Well, thanks for the quick reply and the info!

did this start happening recently?
    becus i have the same problems since last update (came out this week?)
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

It's been happening for a while but the problem wasn't that bad. It has been getting progressively worse over time though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so here's the deal...These damn mice all have this problem. It's actually insane how many do. The switches are terrible quality. After a while they wear out and cause double and triple clicking and just stop working randomly, making it impossible to aim or run with the mouse in a game. What you need to do is pick up Contact Cleaner. This is what I use, you can buy it locally. http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05101-QD-E...ontact+cleaner

It works amazingly. HOWEVER eventually it will probably start having the problem again. You spray it right down onto the actual clicker and into the switch after opening the mouse and just press the button down to work it in. Works good as new after but for me it crapped out again after about a month. I sprayed it again and it worked again but it may only stay working for a couple weeks or less (or sometimes longer) until it craps out. Eventually the teflon is going to stop sticking to the mouse so keep that in mind if you keep opening it. Biggest pain in the ass.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Personally I'd just buy the new Razer Naga 2014 edition, especially since you've been using the old version for 3 years now. I've been using it now for a few days, and I honestly think it just blows all the previous edition out of the water, although it's a bit differently designed than the older ones, so it might take a while for you to get adjusted to the buttons on the side.
    Last edited by Static; 2013-09-08 at 05:15 AM.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

I'l say that I personally prefer the original Naga to the 2014 edition (I've had it since the day it launched, so plenty of time to get used to it). If you really liked the original (with the 4/5 buttons on the side of the left mouse click) you will need to get a Naga molten. When it comes to the upgrade/changes on the new Naga they sould cool on paper but in practice they really don't improve things (imo).

The tilt wheel though handy means you have to sacrifice the solid feel of the mouse wheel, in heated gaming it's easy to accidently click the tilts when you're going for the middle mouse as it takes only a very small ammount of pressure to click them. Personally I'm torn as to whether tilts are worth it, given that you're losing the much more solid feeling original mouse wheel.

Aside from that the new Naga is a big mouse compared to the old, it's fat and wide and feels very different. I had a double click issue with my 3 year old Naga, which is why I got the 2014 mouse, and I find myself wishing I'd just found another original Naga to replace it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Korialstrasz, Aman'thul, Proudmoore, Khaz'goroth, Stormrage, Lightbringer and Aerie Peak
    You had this mouse for 3 years? My first one died like a year of usage (but thankfully my retailer replaced it with a new one and its up and running for 15 months now)

Quote Originally Posted by Blox0248 View Post
    I have an original Razer Naga ( I don't even know the name and I don't think they sell them anymore.) and I've had it for around 3 years. I'm having problems with the right click. It shorts out every few seconds. I've taken it apart and cleaned it so I think it's just a short somewhere. I'm wondering if someone knows a quick fix or if I should spend the money on a new one since mine is pretty old now.
    Hello Blox0248!

Razer Naga ( atleast older ones ) are well known about that problem, there are several youtube videos how to fix that, try by writing in youtube '' Razer Naga right button fix '' or something similar, i had that problem too year ago and i did fix it. You should check those youtube videos

this video might work for u... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIR3MfrD7Gc