Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Never heard of many of these things. Also, redcurrant is called ''Ribs'' in Danish, not Rips.

If you think the stuff we eat down here is gross, then wait 'til you get a load of this. A few years back I went to celebrate new years with my now ex-girlfriend in Røros - Norway. I was served a Norwegian 'Delicacy', Rakfisk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakfisk

It's ROTTEN FISH THAT'S BEEN FERMENTING IN THE GROUND FOR WEEKS.

Most disgusting thing I've ever eaten, and that's including a blended big mac menu (for a contest) that tasted like vomit.

You can eat cloudberries as such if you put some sugar on them and eat them with a spoon.

I've only tasted it once or twice and hated it, maybe I should give it another go...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    I don't like cloudberries at all. they are way overrated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Never heard of many of these things. Also, redcurrant is called ''Ribs'' in Danish, not Rips.

If you think the stuff we eat down here is gross, then wait 'til you get a load of this. A few years back I went to celebrate new years with my now ex-girlfriend in Røros - Norway. I was served a Norwegian 'Delicacy', Rakfisk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakfisk

Most disgusting thing I've ever eaten, and that's including a blended big mac menu (for a contest) that tasted like vomit.
    Pic relevant:

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Tell me about cloudberry jam. I just bought one and I have no idea what it is to taste like
    What's cloudberries? Never heard of them and I'm swedish.

Deleted
    @b2121945

Spot on. Spot f***ing on. Our neighbours are retarded.

Deleted
    Thanks for reminding me! I've been living in Helsinki for 1.5y now and still haven't tried them...the price is a bit off-putting, but I should buy 'm this week as the season is almost over!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Pic relevant:
    [IMG]http://satwcomic.co

Pickled herring is a lot more swedish than it is danish. And surströmming isn't popular at all. You make it look like we all eat that rubbish.
    It's far, far more traditional to eat what we call "sill och nubbe", which is pickled herring and a small shot of liquor.
    And who the hell says "Skål" when EATING? Skål is like cheers for when you make a toast.
    By the way, "You haven't gone mad too?", the grammar nazi in me is screaming.

That comic is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post

Rakfisk is fantastic with potatoes, sour cream and flat bread. It is nothing like surströmming by the way.
    Cloudberries are lovely as well. I usually have it mixed in cream as a dessert. Quite good and traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Cloudberries = Multebær = Hjortron!?

Well.. Never heard of multebær (Cloudberries in Danish according to Google Translate), but Hjortron is lovely.
    It's all the same thing, just different languages. Cloudberries = English, Multebær = Norwegian, Hjortron = Swedish
    Dem languages! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Keldarin View Post
    In Norway people have been threatened at gunpoint for picking cloudberries on someone elses land. And if you know of a good patch for cloudberries, you better keep it a well kept secret, because people go nuts over it.
    This is very very true. Allthought the wanderers picking them has the law on their side. If the landowner wants to keep people away from picking them they have to put up signs. This is a very hot topic every autumn in Northern-Norway. The conflicts often end up in the newspaper. http://www.nordlys.no/nyheter/article6774931.ece News article explaining the rules in Northern-Norway. Short summary translated to english.

In Nordland, Troms and Finnmark counties, picking only when the owner or operator has not closed explicitly prohibiting picking. This means that where the owner or usufructuary has not expressly prohibited pick cloudberries, eg. by putting up signs, announcements in newspapers, etc., the general public may pick up and take with them from cloudberries country.

Edit; adding new article of threats.
    http://www.fremover.no/lokale_nyhete...cle6756527.ece
    Threatened with a shotgun and stick
    - When did the ferocious lady a big stick and came running towards me, as she shouted that if I turned myself in "her" forest in the morning, she would bring the shotgun and shoot, claiming it easier frustrated berry pickers.
    (Straight from translate, derp english)
    Last edited by Whaatie; 2013-09-09 at 10:02 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a joke. No, I didn't bring it on a plane.
    I... am not sure i took you seriously? I added to the fear of Surströmming if anything?

Deleted
    Finland reporting in...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Pickled herring is a lot more swedish than it is danish. And surströmming isn't popular at all. You make it look like we all eat that rubbish.
    It's far, far more traditional to eat what we call "sill och nubbe", which is pickled herring and a small shot of liquor.
    And who the hell says "Skål" when EATING? Skål is like cheers for when you make a toast.
    By the way, "You haven't gone mad too?", the grammar nazi in me is screaming.

That comic is awful.
    Pickled herring is popular almost everywhere, that's not the point of that comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I... am not sure i took you seriously? I added to the fear of Surströmming if anything?
    Oh no, I don't fear anything, I just find that disgusting.
    "I wouldn't trust Scandinavians" was just a joke.

Deleted
    You know Scandinavia isn't the only place to get them? Even we have 'em here in where the Alps are, in Central Europe.

Pickled herring is popular almost everywhere, that's not the point of that comic.
    But I've never heard of any Danish eating pickled herring, only Swedes, that's gotta count for something...

Deleted

You see this shit? That's Finnish squeaky cheese with cloudberry jam right there, bitch. Get a taste o' this and you will know Nirvana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Finland reporting in...
    And I got beaten
    perkele

NOMNOMNOM its delicious
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Tell me about cloudberry jam. I just bought one and I have no idea what it is to taste like
    I'm a Swede and I have no idea what that is. Good thread.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Marinated herring is a good excuse for drinking Schnaps or something similar, Danes never pass up a good chance to drink, he is Danish so even if you do not see alcohol it must be there, Skål is appropriate.