Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelot View Post
    Anyone knows where I can find some one hand weapons? I wanna try DW WW out!
    There are 1H weapons in every place you could look. BMAH, AH, Blacksmiths, JP vendors, VP vendors, PvP Vendors, Dungeons, Heroics, H Scenarios, LFR, Flex, Normal, Heroic of every raid ever.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    There are 1H weapons in every place you could look. BMAH, AH, Blacksmiths, JP vendors, VP vendors, PvP Vendors, Dungeons, Heroics, H Scenarios, LFR, Flex, Normal, Heroic of every raid ever.
    I think VP/JP vendors don't have weapons. Best way to get them outside of LFR (that I know of) is the timeless coins vendor (476), PvP(496/522), and H-Scenarios(516).

atm we are on garrosh 10 heroic.... and yes he is a bitch. any idea/experience whats better to use: ring of peace or
    leg sweep? it seems rushing jade wind is a "must have" right? thanks for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    atm we are on garrosh 10 heroic.... and yes he is a bitch. any idea/experience whats better to use: ring of peace or
    leg sweep? it seems rushing jade wind is a "must have" right? thanks for reply.
    I've only just started working on him but RoP just lasts longer than Leg Sweep (ESPECIALLY important for the silence in the heart phases) and doesn't DR with other AoE stuns (like.... FoF, omg a reason to use it even in an aoe situation). RJW seems like an absolute must for P1 and heart phases.

Deleted
    I've had the best results with leg sweep when we progressed the boss, very reliable stun and it depends on your strategy to dodge the DR. RJW may be nice for pushing some extra DPS, but the encounter gets significantly easier if you burn the boss instead of bombing like a madman (On P1 you want to let the iron star do some work). So you might get Xuen if you want to beat some timed events.. maybe you won't have to deal with a third wave of minions at all.

I didn't want to keep gunking up the simcraft rotation thread with basic questions, so I'll just ask it here.

What is causing SC to rank haste so much higher than crit even with a 13k+ haste build? I'm getting a string like this:

( Pawn: v1: "Jonky": CritRating=3.84, HasteRating=5.04, MasteryRating=2.52 )

My understanding is that the "general use" range of haste is like 12k-13k; is it lower to make up for human error or is SC not taking something into account?
    Last edited by Jonky; 2014-01-13 at 01:10 PM.

Theoretical haste cap actually isn't until around 15k, but that's assuming a straight single target fight with no movement. That already accounts for missing 1 GCD per minute to either human error or latency. Lowering that amount to around 12k is actually something that I think originates with me (at least I had never seen someone cite my 11-12k before I made that estimate) based on actual movement. Time away from melee range is energy that is regened and CB/EB CDs ticking down that aren't a part of actual DPS and there is no fight in this entire expansion that does not warrant some kind of target switch or movement away from the boss (IJ, the closest thing to Patchwerk we have, literally cannot have 100% melee uptime due to the knockback).

This is one of Simcraft's weaknesses, you can't both sim the assumption that you have full uptime for most of a fight while also admitting that you lose uptime at other parts. Personally I'd love to see a "customize a fight" mode for Simcraft that allows stitching together the various movement paradigms so that you're not stuck either running on "light movement" or "no movement" and can actually see the effects of designating specific parts of a fight as movement and others as not.

A quick question about RoP.. does the interrupt/silence work for empowered mind controlled people's Touch of Ysaar'j? I ask because my raid is consistently wiping to the last mind controll/whirlwind combo, any little bit would help. 10 man normal Garrosh by the way.
    Last edited by tap; 2014-01-14 at 01:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tap View Post
    A quick question about RoP.. does the interrupt/silence work for empowered mind controlled people's Touch of Ysaar'j? I ask because my raid is consistently wiping to the last mind controll/whirlwind combo, any little bit would help. 10 man normal Garrosh by the way.
    Silences work on on the touch of ysaars so yes. But at the end when he starts to use empowered mind controls it does not work any more

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously RoP works well for that situation. However be prepared for some QQ because they will remain silenced and disarmed after the debuff falls off and they will inevitably complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    This is one of Simcraft's weaknesses, you can't both sim the assumption that you have full uptime for most of a fight while also admitting that you lose uptime at other parts. Personally I'd love to see a "customize a fight" mode for Simcraft that allows stitching together the various movement paradigms so that you're not stuck either running on "light movement" or "no movement" and can actually see the effects of designating specific parts of a fight as movement and others as not.
    Actually you can do that but it takes A LONG TIME to set up. These are called RaidEvents in SimC. I know at least one dev who is trying to model a few of the SoO fights (saw him post a pastebin of the Malkorok fight the other day).

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...iki/RaidEvents

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Actually you can do that but it takes A LONG TIME to set up. These are called RaidEvents in SimC. I know at least one dev who is trying to model a few of the SoO fights (saw him post a pastebin of the Malkorok fight the other day).

https://code.google.com/p/simulation...iki/RaidEvents
    Oh god that looks complicated as hell. It would make a much better model for these kinds of things though.

Deleted
    Because there were two different answers to this question, just for clarification:
    Sähäri is right. Silences work on the mind control. Only interrupts work on the empowered mind control. RoP counts as a silence, and thus can't interrupt people in the empowered mind control. Tested this when we were at the boss and browsed our logs (some months ago). The only class-based ae silence that works is afaik the warrior's. At least that's how it works in 25m, I suppose it's the same in 10m.

Deleted
    1 Titan Runestone left until I can get my legendary cloak. Kill me please.

I got two warforged gears: hand and leg pieces. Are the worth sacrificing two tier pieces? I am bit torn apart..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucemighty View Post
    I got two warforged gears: hand and leg pieces. Are the worth sacrificing two tier pieces? I am bit torn apart..
    I dont' think going from 2pc to No piece isnt' worth 2 WF. Going from 4pc to 2pc + 2 WF is worth it, but not 2pc to 0.

I dont' think going from 2pc to No piece isnt' worth 2 WF. Going from 4pc to 2pc + 2 WF is worth it, but not 2pc to 0.
    I currently have 4 pieces so...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quick gear question. I just picked up the shoulders off heroic Nazgrim, fairly large upgrade, however I'm at enough non tier heroic pieces where this will break my 2 set from normal. Exactly how good is the 2 set? I know its good, but I'm not sure if it outweighs the raw stat gains ill get from breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucemighty View Post
    I currently have 4 pieces so...
    Well you didn't specify in your post, just mentioned that you had 2 pieces of tier. If the case is dropping the 4pc then go right ahead. The 4pc isn't a very large dps increase so the WF pieces will provide more dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zFury View Post
    Quick gear question. I just picked up the shoulders off heroic Nazgrim, fairly large upgrade, however I'm at enough non tier heroic pieces where this will break my 2 set from normal. Exactly how good is the 2 set? I know its good, but I'm not sure if it outweighs the raw stat gains ill get from breaking.
    If you're only moving 1 piece then I would keep the normal tier 2pc. If you were talking 2 heroic non-tier replacing 2 normal tier pieces then the difference would be very small so one choice wouldn't much matter over the other. Since you're just swapping 1 piece, stay with the 2pc.

If you're at Nazgrim then you should have access to atleast 2 heroic tier pieces, the chest and gloves, so I'd focus on getting those if the drops favor you.

Well you didn't specify in your post, just mentioned that you had 2 pieces of tier. If the case is dropping the 4pc then go right ahead. The 4pc isn't a very large dps increase so the WF pieces will provide more dps.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're only moving 1 piece then I would keep the normal tier 2pc. If you were talking 2 heroic non-tier replacing 2 normal tier pieces then the difference would be very small so one choice wouldn't much matter over the other. Since you're just swapping 1 piece, stay with the 2pc.

If you're at Nazgrim then you should have access to atleast 2 heroic tier pieces, the chest and gloves, so I'd focus on getting those if the drops favor you.
    Thanks for advice!