Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't mind Enrage mechanics or timers in MMOs.They are good but only for Instanced play where people have perfect control over their group.Otherwise i'm not certain how will it work in Open world where is practically a chaos going on.

Deleted
    I a little pissed how we can't take control over it since we need too many people. If only a guild was enough... :/
    If my server fails over and over I'll just guest on successful servers. Yesterday was a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closest we've gotten is 40%. Not bad for the first day.
    Valar morghulis

Well, Maw was inconsequential. Only difference is the shaman takes forever to kill now. Fire Ele they basically reverted back to its pre-nerf annoyingness (including fireballs hitting outside of the room) + added what basically amount to invisible clouds that hurt you. Haven't done the others yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't get out of overflows with only a handful of people. I tried shortly after it was released and a few hours later, but there wasn't enough people in my overflows to repair or kill shit to get to the dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I guess I wanna see it because deep down I have an irrational hope that ANet will start releasing interesting and/or challenging PvE content. Mostly because I really do like the way the game plays and the environments and all that sort of thing...I just hate the PvE. (And certain parts of the PvP too, but whatever)
    I saw you at Tequatl tonight :P

I enjoyed that, even though it was a failure. Seems like folks are kind of learning though. But two bone walls isn't going to cut it, turrets were terrible.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    It has been gathering power in the depths.
    It is faster, stronger, deadlier.
    It has returned to devour and destroy.
    It is called Deathwing the Destroyer… and it has evolved.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    It has been gathering power in the depths.
    It is faster, stronger, deadlier.
    It has returned to devour and destroy.
    It is called Deathwing the Destroyer… and it has evolved.
    For some reason I thought you were going to break out into "The Thing That Should Not Be" lyrics by Metallica. :P

Deleted
    Love the boss updates, even had fun at Jormag. And jeebus the Teq fight is pretty insane... did not get anywhere near to killing him haha.
    But I like it
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2013-09-18 at 08:32 AM.

Unimpressed by patch.

Bosses turned into turbo zergfest instead of being actually hard, or just normal zergfest.

Lol lfg tool?

I guess something for the lore nerds.
    Last edited by Tstr88; 2013-09-18 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbleed View Post
    I a little pissed how we can't take control over it since we need too many people. If only a guild was enough... :/
    If my server fails over and over I'll just guest on successful servers. Yesterday was a disaster.
    Yeah I'll probably end up doing the same. My server didn't actually make progress, they actually got worse throughout the day.

Deleted
    Why did I pick Gandara? 3 bone walls in the same fight. Are people actually so bad that they can't even read skill tooltips?

Deleted
    This one went pretty good on Deso. Got him around 30%, unfortunately that's when the timer said 'lol bai'.
    Getting everyone on teamspeak really seemed to help. I think we even have a chance on the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I saw that blackgate kill video they had very good coordination ice bows for the win.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the video of Blackgate's world first with voice comm.

http://www.twitch.tv/flickky/c/2951634
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Tstr88 View Post
    Unimpressed by patch.

Bosses turned into turbo zergfest instead of being actually hard, or just normal zergfest.

Lol lfg tool?

I guess something for the lore nerds.
    I guess you haven't tried yet. Tons of dead bodies tell a different story. People die from the mines (easily avoidable), from the shockwaves (jump over them), from poison fields (bad coordination on either the turrent-guys or the players running around like blind chicken)... Haven't seen any invisible hitters like some trolls and/or guys with bad systems claim to be there. Just watch the Blackgate video, seems pretty fluently to me.

What do you mean with "lol lfg tool?" and the bit about lore nerds? please clarify.

What I really love about the encounter: berserker gear being non optimal. You can't crit the boss, so you have 2 wasted stats when using berserker gear. Condition gear is awesome for defending the turrets (especially when using aoe attacks) and other gear with power (+vit +tough,... for example) is very useful against the boss and/or adds.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-09-18 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well blackgate got it! mad props to them, the fight is not easy :P, here on TC we only gotten him to 15%! Having a challenging boss is always nice~

Deleted
    ^ Ouch it must be a joy yet frustrating at the same time! I was exited we got him around 30%, but when he flew away I got sad thinking 'but... we're not done yet, come back!'
    Also got a little mad because my guildies got chests and I got nothing for some reason ;^; While I was in the dps group, damneet.

I've noticed the biggest problem is the language gap. That could explain why US already succeeded, and we (@ EU) failed horribly. A ton of people aren't listening or just don't speak a single word of English. I understand for those who are young, but at these moments it gets in the way then they grab a turret xD

I wonder how the German or France servers are doing.
    Last edited by mmocd7e9667945; 2013-09-18 at 03:52 PM.

^ Ouch it must be a joy yet frustrating at the same time! I was exited we got him around 30%, but when he flew away I got sad thinking 'but... we're not done yet, come back!'
    Also got a little mad because my guildies got chests and I got nothing for some reason ;^; While I was in the dps group, damneet.

I've noticed the biggest problem is the language gap. That could explain why US already succeeded, and we (@ EU) failed horribly. A ton of people aren't listening or just don't speak a single word of English. I understand for those who are young, but at these moments it gets in the way then they grab a turret xD

I wonder how the German or France servers are doing.
    That language thing is something I just can't grasp. I personally speak 5languages of which I consider myself fluent in 3 and in 2 I can communicate but make lots of grammatical and spelling errors.

I can't grasp that learning one extra language is so hard, the internet and movies are great ways to learn English.

And no the fight really isn't hard the problem is (as usual) the fact that the majority of people are idiots. If you scale the same fight down to the size of 10people it should be clear that there isn't anything hard about the encounter, you can easily dodge the wave and walk out of poison mobs die from silly AoE. The only "hard" part is getting someone on the canon who knows what the skills do and to make sure to get the scales off.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are chests for each 25% of bosses health, but you only get them once per day. I got the first 25% chest fairly early in the day, but later on the attempt where we got him to 40%, I got the 50% chest but no 25% chest on that attempt.
    Valar morghulis