Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    To save dev time, they could turn Claw Island into a raid instance. It's already set up for a massive fight encounter. Just reduce the amount of NPCs and allow more players in. I always found it odd that there's this part of the map you go to, have a big fight, and then the story goes on and you wonder what's going on there now?
    Oh, I think that is a cool idea.

I remember back in the day when we were playing Everquest, which had open world raids, I had longed for some of the fights to be "walled off". Then instancing came around and I had thought [this was the early 00s] that instancing could be used to isolate boss fights. Instead instancing went in the direction of having the whole zone isolated.

Though I always liked my original idea of having a raid zone in the open world that allowed a raid force to engage the boss discretely.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    To save dev time, they could turn Claw Island into a raid instance. It's already set up for a massive fight encounter. Just reduce the amount of NPCs and allow more players in. I always found it odd that there's this part of the map you go to, have a big fight, and then the story goes on and you wonder what's going on there now?
    Yes, perfect, Godzilla attacks Claw Island, perfect!

Though as I said before, I don't think "raid instance" has to be so central a concept. Simply give the zone a known threshold (say, 100 people), and base the decision on where to place a group on the size of the group as it stands rather than folks porting in individually. So if you have a group of 100, you're all alone in a new overflow. If you have a group of 50, you might be placed in a new one or not, depending on what's already out there. The downside of course being that events are on timers subject to arcane math that is not consistent across servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Though I always liked my original idea of having a raid zone in the open world that allowed a raid force to engage the boss discretely.
    I would think it would be possible to use something like phasing to "hide" the boss/ encounter from others around. Given that there is no pvp, so folks couldn't troll it by attacking the existing players. The way story instances are handled (same area, just instanced) also already offers a variant method as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    1) Null field will still be better. It's a combo field and has a larger radius
    2) Power break stability is shit. 2.5 sec is shit FIX IT. Nobody uses it and if you want someone to bring stability you bring a warrior/guardian/ele/anyone else but a mesmer. 5 sec of stability on a 40 whatever second cd is shit.

- - - Updated - - -

It only took them a year and 3 months to finally understand body shot was garbage. How many times did they "buff" it? 4? lol

And no word in nerfing zerker gear or fixing the condition cap on world bosses

:l
    The 2 you linked are the 2 I play and even though thief is pretty fun in WvWvW, I find myself hating both of them (mesmer 24/7 though). I can't find it in me to reroll something (I kind of like guardian, elementalist is sort of interesting with 4 skill bars instead of the normal 2, my first character [and in gw1] was a necro but he hasn't seen any playtime) when I've spent $$ on bag slots. This sneak peak just makes me less interested in them. Idk what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

I would think it would be possible to use something like phasing to "hide" the boss/ encounter from others around. Given that there is no pvp, so folks couldn't troll it by attacking the existing players. The way story instances are handled (same area, just instanced) also already offers a variant method as well.
    Yes, that is exactly along the lines of what my idea was back in the day. There was no phasing back then, however, that practice would work just as well.

1) Null field will still be better. It's a combo field and has a larger radius
    2) Power break stability is shit. 2.5 sec is shit FIX IT. Nobody uses it and if you want someone to bring stability you bring a warrior/guardian/ele/anyone else but a mesmer. 5 sec of stability on a 40 whatever second cd is shit.

- - - Updated - - -

It only took them a year and 3 months to finally understand body shot was garbage. How many times did they "buff" it? 4? lol

And no word in nerfing zerker gear or fixing the condition cap on world bosses

:l
    Hey hey, stability on anything but a mesmer?, necromancers have 3 ways to gain stability, 2 elites, 1 Grandmaster trait, none of them sharable, but agree on your mesmers points still, Zerker gear don't need fixing, bosses/dungeons needs fixing, already now at TEQ you see benefit from Soldier gear more than zerker (if on TEQ that is, on adds zerker still is better).

Mesmers have so many more ways to benefit a team compared to necro (i like necros for its selfish nature so i don't want more team stuff really) Feedback, nullfield, clones for distraction, phantasm for distraction/damage really good regen support, blink, the best stun breaker in the game, Focus reflection skills traited.

All those i mentioned is what i use when i do dungeons on my mesmer and it makes things so freaking easy, Mesmers reflection skills is so good a guardian becomes obsolete, well more obsolete than they are, only good thing about guardians is their group stability really.
    Last edited by Salech; 2013-09-23 at 08:30 PM.

already now at TEQ you see benefit from Soldier gear more than zerker (if on TEQ that is, on adds zerker still is better).
    This is so much bullshit that it's annoying the hell out of me. I swear that the amount of people who poop that retarded comment out are solely responsible for CO2 pollution, but that aside let me explain why this statement is wrong.

While zerker does lose 75% of it's usefulness it's not about the gear alone. The problem with PVT vs Zerk gear isn't the gear itself (as people who like to say this nonsense like to point out) since they have the same power.

However Zerker isn't gear, it's a playstyle:
    What do I get from swapping to PVT gear from zerker? I already stay alive without any problem (100% Regen/Frost Aura/Prot/Weakness/Healing Aura/Symbols/...) because I learned to dodge (and jump) and stand out of circles of doom.
    So I trade off useless stats for other useless stats (jippie).

Add to this that damage modifiers (runes of the scholar/sigil of force/...) still work but putting scholar runes on PVT gear is quite retarded (and for the 99% quite expensive).

The last point is already mentioned by yourself "on adds..." so if you have to kill adds for whatever reason (fingers/protection of canon/batteries/...) you become less useful.

TLDR: zerker master race!
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Hey hey, stability on anything but a mesmer?, necromancers have 3 ways to gain stability, 2 elites, 1 Grandmaster trait, none of them sharable,
    So why would a necro need mesmers 2.5 sec of stability? Mesmer stability is awful, the radius of its new share is awful and with its high cd and low up time it's nothing more then a stun breaker with no other added effects. Nobody will use this mantra seriously it has little utility outside guantlets like the giant fractal and is not worth a spot as a utility. Anet is just dancing around a real fix for mantras.

Mesmers have so many more ways to benefit a team compared to necro (i like necros for its selfish nature so i don't want more team stuff really) Feedback, nullfield, clones for distraction, phantasm for distraction/damage really good regen support, blink, the best stun breaker in the game, Focus reflection skills traited.
    Regen from phantasms is piss poor. You are better off with a warrior banner or guardian or an ele. Guardian and ele actually use healing power so they will have better regen then mesmers and since regen is only going to stack up to 5 times next patch we will hardly see a use for mesmer regen in a group setting.

Necro has the best aoe in the game. They can transfer their condition and everyone elses condition to everyone around its target and not to mention their condition removal rivals guardians and ele's with signet and staff.

All those i mentioned is what i use when i do dungeons on my mesmer and it makes things so freaking easy, Mesmers reflection skills is so good a guardian becomes obsolete, well more obsolete than they are, only good thing about guardians is their group stability really.
    Guardians bring plentiful of boons over a mesmer and their reflect is actually better then mesmer reflect. Mesmers have to trait focus in order to have reflect outside feedback and temporal curtains height is extremely low so most mobs that are norn size or higher, or even on a hill, will shoot over the curtain. The same thing happens with warden, not to mention warden can die.

The only thing people want from mesmers are portal and time warp in PvE and thank god they didn't give portal to someone else or we would be screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing happened the other day. I met a Anet employee while doing claw of jormag. I baited him by calling him a cheater (cause hes at anet..) and got him to talk about mesmers. Well he has tight lips but he said he personally made a change to mesmers but it won't be implemented for awhile but mesmers are the least played profession currently.

Also I asked him if ritualists was ever coming back and he said he had no idea what I was talking about and everyone around exploded at him for not knowing what a ritualist was...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I asked him if ritualists was ever coming back and he said he had no idea what I was talking about and everyone around exploded at him for not knowing what a ritualist was...
    =O. Twas my main. Quite a fun profession.

he must have been pulling your chain, zito

Just did Teq for the 2nd time and we got him down with 1 second left. Apparently it is the 4th time that Yak's Bend got him down. Hell of a fight. I loved it.

Guardians bring plentiful of boons over a mesmer and their reflect is actually better then mesmer reflect.
    There's many things wrong in your post (this doesn't mean Salech is right though) but that seriously is the "most wrong" statement in there and shows that you really don't understand class mechanics.

Mesmers have THE strongest reflect by far. If you're gonna say that
    Wall of Reflection (40sec CD, 10sec Dur, 0range, Light) > Feedback (40sec CD, 6sec Dur, 1200range, Ethereal) I can't help but laugh, since WoR suffers from the same issues as Temporal curtain (25sec CD, 5sec Dur, 900range, Light)

I could point out everything that's wrong in both your posts but that would really drive this thread so far off-topic that it's not worth it.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    There's many things wrong in your post (this doesn't mean Salech is right though) but that seriously is the "most wrong" statement in there and shows that you really don't understand class mechanics.

Mesmers have THE strongest reflect by far. If you're gonna say that
    Wall of Reflection (40sec CD, 10sec Dur, 0range, Light) > Feedback (40sec CD, 6sec Dur, 1200range, Ethereal) I can't help but laugh, since WoR suffers from the same issues as Temporal curtain (25sec CD, 5sec Dur, 900range, Light)

I could point out everything that's wrong in both your posts but that would really drive this thread so far off-topic that it's not worth it.
    You would have a point if curtain and warden didn't have terrain height issues. Any monster taller then normal will just shoot projectiles above both. So we really can only rely on feedback while guardians have a much bigger wall that last longer and the shield. Which neither cost talents to make them reflect plus warden can die.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://pastebin.com/sXHq6fZt

*cough*

You would have a point if curtain and warden didn't have terrain height issues. Any monster taller then normal will just shoot projectiles above both. So we really can only rely on feedback while guardians have a much bigger wall that last longer and the shield. Which neither cost talents to make them reflect.
    Try getting a guardian shield on a stair or a little slope, sometimes the guardian shield blocks practically nothing (it's the most painful thing to watch as an engineer with my elixir)

You would have a point if curtain and warden didn't have terrain height issues. Any monster taller then normal will just shoot projectiles above both. So we really can only rely on feedback while guardians have a much bigger wall that last longer and the shield. Which neither cost talents to make them reflect.
    I don't talk about Warden and I only mention TC to point out that WoR has the same issues (meaning that WoR also has terrain height issues). Any monster taller than normal will just shoot projectiles above WoR. So we (guardians) can only rely on NOTHING since SHIELD DOES NOT REFLECT AT ALL.

WoR is about 15% bigger than TC but TC has half the CD of WoR (I forgot that traiting for Focus reflect also reduces focus CD).

The only thing you can compare is WoR vs Feedback which clearly favors feedback.

Finally got to kill Tequatl, but it was on overflow with a guild specifically made to kill him and I don't know if all the members from that guild are from my server or not, so I don't know if it can be counted as a kill for my actual server. In the end though I don't really care if it counts for my server or not as long as I got the kill

So after seeing this fight done a few times successfully on JQ, I've determined that my home server is full of fucking idiots.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    So after seeing this fight done a few times successfully on JQ, I've determined that my home server is full of fucking idiots.
    99% of the players are idiots. It's just the way it is.

As an example:
    I never understood why people needed VOIP and have someone shout "GREEN STUFF COMING IN 15sec", "GREEN STUFF COMING IN 10sec" "GREEN STUFF COMING IN 5SEC" "GREEN STUFF IN 4, 3, 2, 1" when the game has visual and audio-Q's that point this out really well (and let's not forget add-ons).

If you watch the tequatl fight with VOIP audio, you shit yourself laughing since there's a timer on your screen. I used to wonder if these people run around with a headset and an audio-file on repeat that said "breath in" "breath out"...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've completed the fight 3 times now, 2 on overflow and 1 on my home server. It isn't a difficult fight, it just requires competent people on the turrets and for most of the people to stack.

I have had three shots thus far and all have been an unmitigated disaster. My realm has killed it 12 times so far going my that web site linked above. Guess i will just have to keep trying.

Yeah, I've done the fight 4 times and completed it successfully twice. The other times was a complete wipe after the laser went down and another was running out of time with almost 50% of Teq down. I know that Yak's has downed him at least 6 times now.