Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wow this thread is so dead, i have a question as combat, how much you delay your AR/SB for KS? i mean if you have 15sec on KS but your AR/SB is of CD will you delay your AR/SB for KS? Even if you don't have 5 CP? and lets assume that you have 5-6 sec left of AR and your KS is coming of cd, will you use your KS or not? and how do you guys fell its the best way to use Synapse Springs, i macro it on SS
    Last edited by mmoce9085e2524; 2014-02-08 at 12:32 AM.

Well, most of the people have finished the content meaning they don't need to ask much about the class, especially since we are at the end of the expansion (though there will still be moths of nothingness).

And now to your questions:
    - both delaying AR/SB or KS is a dps loss. Personally, i have set AR/SB on high priority so i tend to never delay it, i prefer to delay KS instead. If AR has a short duration left, i try to burn energy and avoid capping when i use KS with 3 or 4 seconds of KS left. It's still a dps loss, but the idea is to minimize it.

- about Synapse Springs, you ideally want to use them coupled with AR/SB but the cds are offset so you won't be able to do it every time. Delaying the usage is good untile you start to lose an application; in that case, use it on CD.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Cloak and dagger doesn't work with the shadow dance anymore. You should edit that part.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Cloak and dagger doesn't work with the shadow dance anymore. You should edit that part.
    Done. I know that the guide is at a stall ruight now, basically everything is just frozen until 6.0 comes with (hopefully) meaningful changes.

New combat rogue question. During AR/SB with Anticipation, should I be building anticipation points and then doubling up on Evis? (i.e. 5+4, Evi-Evi) or should I just build to five CP and Evi as much as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    New combat rogue question. During AR/SB with Anticipation, should I be building anticipation points and then doubling up on Evis? (i.e. 5+4, Evi-Evi) or should I just build to five CP and Evi as much as possible?
    Evisc twice in back-to-back globals is the last thing you want to do. RB is bugged such that if you Eviscerate twice in a row, you only get RB CDR once (so, -10s rather than -20s).

AR+SB should be treated exactly like your normal rotation, just faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Evisc twice in back-to-back globals is the last thing you want to do. RB is bugged such that if you Eviscerate twice in a row, you only get RB CDR once (so, -10s rather than -20s).

AR+SB should be treated exactly like your normal rotation, just faster.
    Well, and do not by any means SS with SB and RvS up if you already have 5cp and 2 anticipation stacks, you may cap 5/5 and lose the Ruthlessness CP...

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Well, and do not by any means SS with SB and RvS up if you already have 5cp and 2 anticipation stacks, you may cap 5/5 and lose the Ruthlessness CP...
    Ah, hmmm. Thanks. So should I ever be looking to pool anticipation deliberately? Or do I just treat it as a bonus that may come along, that is, for capturing otherwise-wasted CP? My rogue won't be my new main, but that doesn't mean I don't want to do what I can to maximize what I get out of her.

Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    Ah, hmmm. Thanks. So should I ever be looking to pool anticipation deliberately? Or do I just treat it as a bonus that may come along, that is, for capturing otherwise-wasted CP? My rogue won't be my new main, but that doesn't mean I don't want to do what I can to maximize what I get out of her.
    You should push the next Insight by building into Anticipation so more of your finishers are used in higher Insight. Don't do this once you hit Red, though; just get to 5+ then finish. Also, don't build too much Anticipation if you're going to need to refresh SnD soon. Those charges could expire or you could end up hitting 10CP pretty easily.

As DrArtorius said, you don't want to cap CPs either. When you push to 10, one of the Anticipation stacks is wasted due to a bug with its interaction with Ruthlessness. Combat has a lot of bugs if you haven't noticed yet. Outside of SB, you should not SS at 8 because an RvS proc will push you to 10. Inside SB, you should not SS at 7 because, again, an RvS proc will push you to 10.

"PvE gear is definitely better than PvP gear. With the 5.0.4 changes and the introduction of PvP power and PvP Resilience, pvP gear is baseline a lower ilvl than equivalent PvE gear, which means less base stats (and AGI is what's more important than everything else). Also the PvP stats don't have any effect on PvE mobs, ergo they count 0 towards your performance. Invest time in gathering proper PvE gear if you plan to do PvE."

Wait, why is this in the guide? This is misleading. PVP Gear and PVE Gear of the same ilvl have the same PVE stat budget, and this has been true the entire expansion. Compare Darkfang Belt to Grievous Gladiator's Waistband of Accuracy. Heck, the PVP item is arguably better.

Where you run into issues with PVP gear are some socket bonuses provide PVP stats instead of PVE stats, and the tier set bonuses are PVP-related. But for pieces like the belts I linked, PVP gear is more than viable, especially with the i550 pieces the Celestials drop now.

(Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine I've been dealing with all xpac)

Last edited by Kalcheus; 2014-04-16 at 01:31 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I have seen rogues using sword / fist in the MH and dagger in OH for combat, its recommended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Best 2.6 MH, highest available ilevel OH, regardless of speed. If you're picking between two really, really similar weapons, see Shadowcraft/Simcraft. With the 4p & AoC, 2.6 OH pulls ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    "PvE gear is definitely better than PvP gear. With the 5.0.4 changes and the introduction of PvP power and PvP Resilience, pvP gear is baseline a lower ilvl than equivalent PvE gear, which means less base stats (and AGI is what's more important than everything else). Also the PvP stats don't have any effect on PvE mobs, ergo they count 0 towards your performance. Invest time in gathering proper PvE gear if you plan to do PvE."

Wait, why is this in the guide? This is misleading. PVP Gear and PVE Gear of the same ilvl have the same PVE stat budget, and this has been true the entire expansion. Compare Darkfang Belt to Grievous Gladiator's Waistband of Accuracy. Heck, the PVP item is arguably better.

Where you run into issues with PVP gear are some socket bonuses provide PVP stats instead of PVE stats, and the tier set bonuses are PVP-related. But for pieces like the belts I linked, PVP gear is more than viable, especially with the i550 pieces the Celestials drop now.

(Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine I've been dealing with all xpac)

Very late response, sorry for that. Btw, the PvP item isn't inherently better because of the more haste - it all depends on the rest of your gear. Anyway, item per item, you're right - the point is just to bring forward the mentality of farming PvE gear for PvE, otherwise people would just run to raids in full PvP gear thinking they're doing good.

True is that the part needs some edit. I plan to keep the guide updated for when 6.0 hits - at least. The future is something not really defined as for now.

so that elitist jerks guide says to use ct with 5+ targets, I guess your findings are more recent?
    still not obvious when to use blade flurry, ej guide says 2+ targets, your guide seems to suggest otherwise.

Crimson tempest isn't worth using since most targets aren't going to live for its entire duration. You can make an argument if there are a lot of adds that will live for the entire bleed, but the cutoff isn't clear to my knowledge since modeling blade flurry+evis vs crimson tempest isn't so straightforward. I don't use it ever.

Blade flurry is DPS increase on two targets.

Just got back into the game after a year of absence..What is the best PVE spec atm? Is it still Sin?

as combat do you star with ks on the pull or with Ar/Sb?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    as combat do you star with ks on the pull or with Ar/Sb?
    Always favor KS for AR/SB because of the Cooldown reduction of Restless Blades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Septer View Post
    Just got back into the game after a year of absence..What is the best PVE spec atm? Is it still Sin?

The answer would be combat

I'm going to start the work for updating the guide for 6.0 patch.

I'm going to use a [WIP] tag on title so you'll all know that the information is still not complete/correct - i'll revert the tag to the patch number once the guide is ready.

While i'm not going to play WoD, i still want to provide to rogue players a place where to check for informations and a quick reference.