Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Are you scared of the ocean?

I've been thinking lately. The ocean is a vast, endless stretch of water where a whole world of horrifying monsters wait under. Are you scared when you think about it? I would say one of the scariest things to imagine is being stranded in the middle of the ocean at midnight. Nothing but a void darkness of coldness, with sharks and whales lurking.

Discuss if you are afraid or not and why.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be, but I have a fear of open water.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being in the Ocean @ night, or free falling in Space....

Although the second one will most likely never happen....just think about it.

I'm not afraid of the vastness, or the "look in any direction and see nothing"-ness. I'm afraid of the mystery thing that just rubbed up against my leg, or a shark coming up and eating me. I blame video games.

*Looks at Jak and Daxter*

10+ Year Old Account
    Floating by yourself in the ocean? Yeah, a little scary.

But really, sea life is not as "everywhere" as most people think. It's usually in predictable patters within limited ranges of coasts or the sea floor, these are the primary places with currents, food and shelter. The "open ocean" is really just as dangerous for sea-life as it is for humans, it's basically the water equivalent of the desert.

On a boat? No. You're more likely to get run over by a tanker running dark to save a few dollars than get attacked by a shark. And whales don't give a damn about you either.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although i'm not afraid of the sea or the deep waters in general the idea of floating in the middle of the ocean it creeps me out, i would probably die from a heart attack if this ever happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm scared of what lies beyond known Univerese.
    Can you imagine a place where time doesn't exist?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Well... I can't swim. So... Yeah, I don't know if I'm really scared of the ocean, but I certainly have no desire to ever purposely put myself near it. Would be like someone that's allergic to peanuts going on a tour of a peanut butter factory.

If I could swim I probably wouldn't be that scared, no. Ending up in the middle of the ocean alone would take quite a lot of effort I'd imagine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I've been thinking lately. The ocean is a vast, endless stretch of water where a whole world of horrifying monsters wait under. Are you scared when you think about it? I would say one of the scariest things to imagine is being stranded in the middle of the ocean at midnight. Nothing but a void darkness of coldness, with sharks and whales lurking.

Discuss if you are afraid or not and why.
    Oh god you don't believe how much.

10+ Year Old Account
    so scared of the ocean

and to think i went swimming in it once

*shudder*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Floating by yourself in the ocean? Yeah, a little scary.

But really, sea life is not as "everywhere" as most people think. It's usually in predictable patters within limited ranges of coasts or the sea floor, these are the primary places with currents, food and shelter. The "open ocean" is really just as dangerous for sea-life as it is for humans, it's basically the water equivalent of the desert.

On a boat? No. You're more likely to get run over by a tanker running dark to save a few dollars than get attacked by a shark. And whales don't give a damn about you either.
    But but... What about the KRAKEN!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    and jellyfish? that can jump at you

The thought of death doesn't so much bother me as long as I make the best of my time alive
    And if not doing that I don't really see a point to life.

Nope. I'm a good swimmer and I also generally have enough common sense to be aware of strong tides that might pull me to more uncomfortable and dangerous waters.

Even the depth of the ocean doesn't really scare me, although drowning probably is the worst way to die in my view.

Not so much of the "monsters", but yes the sea is a scary thing much bigger than us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Biggest! Takoyaki! Ever!

But really, I wouldn't want to swim in the open sea, but give me a nice sizable ship, preferably with sails, and I'd be the happiest man alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    and jellyfish? that can jump at you
    Why did it have to be jellyfishes!
    Jesus I remember in Denmark we took a boat to some place and the water near the bridge was COMPLETELY full of white slimy tentacly disgusting jellyfishes. A carpet.
    *shiver*

Edit: curse you iPhone!
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2013-09-20 at 08:07 AM.

Deleted
    No, only if I'd fall into the ocean and be unable to get back to the boat or land because I'd never be able to get through it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Biggest! Takoyaki! Ever!

But really, I wouldn't want to swim in the open sea, but give me a nice sizable ship, preferably with sails, and I'd be the happiest man alive.
    I'm with you on the boat, a nice 45' cat is my idea of retirement.

As for the ocean, the idea of just wading in open water at midnight is not my idea of a good time. However, from the deck of a sailboat it is amazing what you can see when there is no ambient light. It is absolutely breath taking.

Coastal water though, I have no problem jumping in. I've been a certified diver in the past and just the idea of being in the water brings back fond memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    The Ocean is amazing Y'all need Poseidon in yo lyf.