Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Because it's almost only people in the US who have a tendency to go "OMG HE'S NOT MUSCLEY AND ATHLETIC! HE MUST NOT BE IN A SPORT!" and ignore other sports. You know, like chess. Or table tennis.

Or the fact that the olympics consider it a sport.
    Some of those same people also consider badminton to be a sport, doesn't mean that it actually is or should be for that matter. At least they are up and moving around. There are plenty of activities that are submitted to become official sporting events that never quite make the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Wait.
    If you give zero fucks about world first, why are you in a world first thread?
    I think the epeen flexing is good entertainment. The "esport" comment made me literally lol which prompted me to post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    Find it funny that someone from USA would say that.

Also the Olympics would beg to differ http://www.p4rgaming.com/league-of-l...olympic-sport/
    That is just the result of heavy lobby by Riot after they got the biggest internet company on china to invest millions on them, still it will only get you 'free' visas to travel to the US with ease and participate on their events, before that it was a pain for players of some countries to get their visa.

Deleted
    Gaming is not a sport by traditional means and i understand if it ticks people off by comparing to the traditional athlete.
    We have a name for gaming as a sport and thats e-sport. It belongs in its own category/genre and should get recognized as a form of competitive sports.

If you can't acknowledge this, you should step into the 21st century already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luofu View Post
    ok seems like those 2 ARE players. oO

stream is still up. just server crashing ^^

the shadow priest player. cosplay as MAID.

EPIC!
    The cosplay is not original nevertheless it is epic... I still not sure if she is playing or just commenting.
    Lag aside the stream has it's entertaining moments, the chinese seem to give some commands in english, such as 'dps' and they always start by screaming 'go go go'.

Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    Gaming is in no way shape or form a sport. Never will be. I think it's idiotic how people try and brand it as such. This whole EU and US competition to see who has the biggest e-dick is hilarious.
    He did not say sport, but esport. What you read here is definitely organised video game competition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_sports) - or do you disagree on that?

In sports people tend to root for all sorts of competitors, for a huge range of reasons. Do you feel the EU vs US idea is any more ridiculous (or... usual) than any other rooting in other sports?

- - - Updated - - -

I give zero fvcks about who gets a world first. To try and call it a sport is an insult to sports athletes around the world.
    Except that it was not called a sport, but an Esport. Which is something completely different .

- - - Updated - - -

Some of those same people also consider badminton to be a sport, doesn't mean that it actually is or should be for that matter.

I think the epeen flexing is good entertainment. The "esport" comment made me literally lol which prompted me to post.
    If badminton is not a sport, what is a sport according to *you*?
    Ever seen the flexing between competitors of the 100m for men? Care to comment on the difference to you between esport flexing and sport flexing?
    Last edited by Leonora; 2013-09-23 at 01:37 PM.

Some of those same people also consider badminton to be a sport, doesn't mean that it actually is or should be for that matter. At least they are up and moving around. There are plenty of activities that are submitted to become official sporting events that never quite make the cut.
    Badminton isn't a sport?

You're just displaying your own ignorance and lack of knowledge here pal. But it's entertaining for the rest of us, so please continue.

Deleted
    Hmm I just checked my own reasoning, simmed my own character with +4 gear and got an increase in simdps of just over 10%. I was looking at the simdps scores for West/Asia and comparing the top simdps of both.

One thing seems certain though - Method have (On this measure) geared up their characters the best.

Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    The cosplay is not original nevertheless it is epic... I still not sure if she is playing or just commenting.
    Lag aside the stream has it's entertaining moments, the chinese seem to give some commands in english, such as 'dps' and they always start by screaming 'go go go'.
    She is one of the best players in Stars Keahoarl.

Do you consider Tennis to be a "real sport"? What are your criteria for something to be a sport? Physical exertion? Have you seen a professional badminton match? That shuttlecock flies through the air as fast as a tennis ball.

Deleted
    they always start by screaming 'go go go'.
    its and addon that says that, a sound file from counter strike

15+ Year Old Account
    gratz wings of aurora
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    That shuttlecock flies through the air as fast as a tennis ball.
    And fastest stroke record is higher for badminton actually.

I did badminton professionally and I don't really have a clue why badminton isn't a sport...

Deleted
    Just saw Wings down Siegecrafter at 13:46 pm GMT 23/9/13 with my own eyes.

Deleted
    From what I figure its a really professional setup they got there with 2 commentators and 2 players being rotated on the stream, I think you can only hear the commentators and the game sounds, also they are giving away razer gear. And guys stop being idiots there with the comments, that shit appears rolling over the screen like 'fap fap fap'

They take to much time between pulls and most of the time wipe in less then 30s.

ps. heres the stream link for those wondering http://bogou.tv/v3/view/Keahoarl

Quote Originally Posted by Pyropanda View Post
    Gratz for being one of the first ppl watch blackfuse kill in the world
    Think now blood legion can release the video

World 4th Blackfuse 25man by Wings of Aurora

Quote Originally Posted by Pyropanda View Post
    How long does it take them to take a kill shot? :P

Deleted
    Dunno

Kill times for Siegecrafter from server up btw are: (To nearest hour)

Method 81
    Stars/Keahoarl 99
    Wings of Dawn 104
    Blood Legion 121

I give zero fvcks about who gets a world first. To try and call it a sport is an insult to sports athletes around the world. What does me being from the USA have to do with anything. I'd love to hear this one. I'll wait.
    What you doing in this thread then? Besides making yourself look stupid that is...

From what I figure its a really professional setup they got there with 2 commentators and 2 players being rotated on the stream, I think you can only hear the commentators and the game sounds, also they are giving away razer gear. And guys stop being idiots there with the comments, that shit appears rolling over the screen like 'fap fap fap'

They take to much time between pulls and most of the time wipe in less then 30s.

ps. heres the stream link for those wondering http://bogou.tv/v3/view/Keahoarl
    Half of the raid team is in shanghai while another half in henan
    Earlier today ppl in henan were out of power think thats why they took too long between pulls
    It sounds like a joke but yeah they are playing in a place without stable power
    The team in shanghai has the professional equipment as a basic TV station which u can see from stream
    They have about 10 classes streaming online but u can only see two of em without certain software