Thread: Champion idea.

Champion idea.

So I was bored, and inspired by someone else posting one, I felt like making one myself...

A little embarassing actually, but nonetheless, here it is, go ahead and tear it appart *silently weeps in corner*;

Itachi/Kamaitachi - The Whisper of Death

Passive: Slicing Winds; Cleaves 1/2/3 champions withing melee range of the
    target for 35/50/70% of attack damage. Armor penetration and mitigation
    applies normally, on hit effects are not applied.

Q - Hatred: Deals 50/65/80/95/115 (+ 60% of AD) damage to a single target
    and increases they damage taken by Itachi's attacks (auto)
    for 2/3/4 seconds afterwards. Does not stack.

Range: Melee Cooldown: 7/6.5/6/5.5/5 seconds Cost: 20 energy

While R is active, it will be for 100% of AD,
    but will not apply increased damage debuff.

W - Rush: Dash forward a distance and trigger an immediate attack for 30/45/60/75/80 (+ 20% of AD).
    Requires an enemy champion within melee range to trigger the damage effect.

Range: 420/427/435/443/450 Cooldown: 17/15/13/11/9 seconds Cost: 40 energy.

While R is active it will also knock enemy champions away a very short distance (200).

E - Spite: Cripple an enemy for 25/35/50/60/75 (+ 30/40/50/60/70% of AD) and slows 20/25/30/35/40%
    them for 2/2.5/3/3.5/4 seconds that decays fast over the duration.

Range: 150 Cooldown: 15/13/11/9/7 seconds Cost: 35

While R is active it will also apply a bleed effect for 40/50/60/70/80 (+30% of AD), slow will not be applied
    lasts 3 seconds.

R - Kamaitachi: Transform into the true Itachi for 3/4/5 seconds (duration increased by 0.3 seconds for each
    normal auto-attack), granting extra effects to abilities.

Will become available to activate once 35/30/25/20 stacks of Bloodlust has been attained; stacking
    for each auto attack made against enemy units, also granted by Slicing Winds.

Available from lvl 1.

Meant to be a high risk high reward playstyle that thrives on ambushes and all out fights in the start, then slowly going over to more of a skirmisher or bruiser later with more teamfighting ability then soloing, but both are viable.
    Does best as a jungler or top lane. Nothing scales with AP.

Base movement: 350
    Base HP: 415
    Melee range: 125
    Attack speed: +3%
    Attack damage: 5
    Armor: 13
    Magic res: 30
    Energy: 100

Based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamaitachi so I tried to keep the theme in some clever way, probably failed.

Regardless I would love too see something very close to this really...

Thoughts/ideas/mercykilling?

Might take it to Riot...maybe...

Deleted
    Passive is almost worthless, it's incredibly rare that two champions are that close together.

Q looks very weak for a melee range ability, although you didn't say what the autoattack damage increase was.

W is just a standard gap closer, not very original but it's pretty much exactly what Riot keeps doing. The extra knockback effect sounds completely pointless on a melee champion.

E is terrible. I'm assuming you want people to max Q first, but a 20% "rapidly decaying" slow at rank 1 for this ability is hardly even going to be noticed. Even 40% is not much for a decaying slow.

Ult can be almost entirely negated by a single stun or slow.

It sounds like you've made a worse version of Nocturne here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasen Ibaraki View Post
    Passive is almost worthless, it's incredibly rare that two champions are that close together.

Q looks very weak for a melee range ability, although you didn't say what the autoattack damage increase was.

W is just a standard gap closer, not very original but it's pretty much exactly what Riot keeps doing. The extra knockback effect sounds completely pointless on a melee champion.

E is terrible. I'm assuming you want people to max Q first, but a 20% "rapidly decaying" slow at rank 1 for this ability is hardly even going to be noticed. Even 40% is not much for a decaying slow.

Ult can be almost entirely negated by a single stun or slow.

It sounds like you've made a worse version of Nocturne here.
    Well, it's only an idea, and I tried passing it by a friend first and he was wailing over it being OP as fuck, so I toned it down a little.

I guess it's pointless to make reparations though, as yours is the only feedback I got.

I think this champ's main concern would be being kited. With the dash on a 9 sec cd, and the slow rapidly decaying (and not even applying in ulti mode), it seems like anyone even slightly slippery could get away easily. I'm also not convinced the ulti is really hitting your mark on the 'high risk/reward' aspect, because it really doesn't seem like 'that' much of a dps boost. Perhaps if it was a toggle more like Karma's ult instead of a duration ability it would makes more sense?

Honestly, my main concern is he doesn't seem to have much that makes him unique. Why would I pick this champion over Jax or Xin Zhao?? More importantly, what is fun about this champion that sets him apart from others?

What if the passive were given a bit of extra range so that it could be used as a poke similar to Lucian's Q? What if the ulti's effect on the W were a slow or knockup - maybe overpowered, but would certainly give him a more unique spot to fill. I'm also a little concerned that the Q and the E would feel too similar while playing, since they're both essentially a single hit nuke with a debuff - what if one of them was a funky skill shot, or had a charge up time, or had something else to make it feel different? Finally, while this is not something that needs to be considered, another thing you could think about is where skill comes into play: is there anything you could add that would make the moment-by-moment gameplay of the champion more challenging? Example: basic attacks made against the target while the target has the Q debuff refresh the duration of the E debuff. Another: if you hit all 3 targets with the passive, you get a buff. Another: the ulti form causes you to take increased damage for a 1 sec?

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    I think this champ's main concern would be being kited. With the dash on a 9 sec cd, and the slow rapidly decaying (and not even applying in ulti mode), it seems like anyone even slightly slippery could get away easily. I'm also not convinced the ulti is really hitting your mark on the 'high risk/reward' aspect, because it really doesn't seem like 'that' much of a dps boost. Perhaps if it was a toggle more like Karma's ult instead of a duration ability it would makes more sense?

Honestly, my main concern is he doesn't seem to have much that makes him unique. Why would I pick this champion over Jax or Xin Zhao?? More importantly, what is fun about this champion that sets him apart from others?

What if the passive were given a bit of extra range so that it could be used as a poke similar to Lucian's Q? What if the ulti's effect on the W were a slow or knockup - maybe overpowered, but would certainly give him a more unique spot to fill. I'm also a little concerned that the Q and the E would feel too similar while playing, since they're both essentially a single hit nuke with a debuff - what if one of them was a funky skill shot, or had a charge up time, or had something else to make it feel different? Finally, while this is not something that needs to be considered, another thing you could think about is where skill comes into play: is there anything you could add that would make the moment-by-moment gameplay of the champion more challenging? Example: basic attacks made against the target while the target has the Q debuff refresh the duration of the E debuff. Another: if you hit all 3 targets with the passive, you get a buff. Another: the ulti form causes you to take increased damage for a 1 sec?
    Good criticism, and because I'm bored enough trying to rework the idea anyway.

The toggle would be a good idea, but since he should either be resourceless or run on energy, should it have a small cost or something?