Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hainiryuun View Post
    Indeed. About the only way I've gotten to drink since I put that video up is to basically denounce spam most of wave 10 and then still only get a second or two to drink, if I am lucky. That being said, they nerfed the water, as well. In that video, you'll notice that my the mana bar refills much quicker than normal while drinking, while now it only restores mana at the normal rate.
    It's really frustrating, because it's hard to say if you have time to drink with denounce spam or not. If the answer is no, you used precious mana for denounce for no help at all. I tried again if something is changed and get to drink after 10th wave but even with denounce spam whole way from 10 to 20 I didn't have a chance to drink after 20th wave. Because of denounce I didn't have the mana and wiped at 28th wave. Maybe I would have had enough mana if I didn't denounce, hard to say.

Anyway, it feels a lot harder now, however, it is hard to say because I didn't try before the hotfix.

PS. I would even be fine with not being able to drink at all at any point. It would be alright but the problem comes when the previous wave isn't even remotely dead before the next one (handling 4 fireball casters with 2 rabbits is not nice).
    Last edited by mmocfb9e2d35fb; 2013-09-17 at 06:48 PM.

Right, it makes proving grounds a bit of a RNG fest, at the moment. If you denounce spam and don't get the chance to drink, then you're very likely to wipe at some point during the next set of 10 waves due to OOMing. If you do get a chance to drink, still, you're still hoping that Oto doesn't get crushed while you're waiting for your mana to top off. That's already on top of playing the RNG game with the chomps AND the flamecasters targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great guide. I'm having a lot of fun in proving grounds. With the gear scaling down to 463 they make great practice for challenge modes for alts.

Deleted
    Oh, this is one great guide for sure! Will be a lot of help now when I'm going to start on my pala again, thanks for putting this up!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    PS. I would even be fine with not being able to drink at all at any point. It would be alright but the problem comes when the previous wave isn't even remotely dead before the next one (handling 4 fireball casters with 2 rabbits is not nice).
    Yeah, I would like to test this at some point; one thing I am aware of even from PTR is that there are many factors that determine how quickly the mobs die.

Healer Proving Grounds have been hotfixed as of this morning (EU). The NPCs now AoE correctly and their AI is a bit better as per the hotfix notes. There is now consistently a clear time to drink after the 10th wave again. It's much easier now, I got to Wave 54 on my first try with many mistakes and sub-optimal play.
    Last edited by Ylera; 2013-09-20 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    Healer Proving Grounds have been hotfixed as of this morning (EU). The NPCs now AoE correctly and their AI is a bit better as per the hotfix notes. There is now consistently a clear time to drink after the 10th wave again. It's much easier now, I got to Wave 54 on my first try with many mistakes and sub-optimal play.
    Yup, now it seemed a lot like on those videos from first days of the patch. Someone who did it then could compare better.

However, it was MUCH easier now, like it was probably before the first hotfix. First pull today I made it easily to wave 47 with subpar play, whereas before I couldn't make it to the wave 30. Definately better now, as I can concentrate on healing / stuns / interrupts and not dps like before.

PS. This was done with most of the gear being in int gemming. I changed 3 older pieces of gear which had pure spirit gemsm and also changed Shado-Pan Assault valor trinket to Tsulong trinket. Didn't reforge anything. More spirit would have made it a lot easier because mana was starting to be a problem after wave 40.
    Last edited by mmocfb9e2d35fb; 2013-09-20 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks a lot for the tips! I just finished silver, but my gear is pretty poopy so I haven't even tried Gold yet. You don't mention DPSing at all, so I assume I shouldn't be trying to help DPS unless I'm at full mana and nothing better to do, right? Even on silver, I found the waves would spill over into the next one, but I wasn't sure if that was intended or not. With the emphasis on mana, I assume I shouldn't be messing around with DPS (though Disc priests can easily atone heal a lot of it I bet...).

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Thanks a lot for the tips! I just finished silver, but my gear is pretty poopy so I haven't even tried Gold yet. You don't mention DPSing at all, so I assume I shouldn't be trying to help DPS unless I'm at full mana and nothing better to do, right? Even on silver, I found the waves would spill over into the next one, but I wasn't sure if that was intended or not. With the emphasis on mana, I assume I shouldn't be messing around with DPS (though Disc priests can easily atone heal a lot of it I bet...).
    There's no longer any need to try and dps, but you'll want to be in melee range (especially on hive singers) for interrupts and stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    There's no longer any need to try and dps, but you'll want to be in melee range (especially on hive singers) for interrupts and stuns.
    Thanks for quick reply.

The nerf (or bugfix, or whatever) makes an enormous difference. Making it to 30 was often a real struggle at times, and I'd never made it to 40, but today I made wave 55 on my first attempt. Didn't even need to use cooldowns for the first 30 waves, something I nearly always had to do to keep the tank alive on certain packs. Failed on 55 because I indeed wasted all my cooldowns on the large aqualytes and didn't have the throughput to outheal that singer's spam on my party, along with the rabbit's dot, but that obviously came down to me mismanaging my cooldowns.

Not sure when I'll try again, though. Upwards of an hour just to get to the point where I left off... now I know how the DKs feel, eh?

But yeah the difference is massive.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    You don't mention DPSing at all, so I assume I shouldn't be trying to help DPS unless I'm at full mana and nothing better to do, right? Even on silver, I found the waves would spill over into the next one, but I wasn't sure if that was intended or not. With the emphasis on mana, I assume I shouldn't be messing around with DPS (though Disc priests can easily atone heal a lot of it I bet...).
    I updated to make this topic more explicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    The nerf (or bugfix, or whatever) makes an enormous difference.
    Kind of sad, isn't it? Even though it was insanely frustrating and hard (for me), now I kind of miss the brutality.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2013-09-20 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Kind of sad, isn't it? Even though it was insanely frustrating and hard (for me), now I kind of miss the brutality.
    Kind of sucks for those of us who started doing PG after the glitch and made it past 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackjester View Post
    Kind of sucks for those of us who started doing PG after the glitch and made it past 30.
    Aw, why? You got to have an awesome experience and triumph over it. Feel proud!

Deleted
    with the fix its so easy i killed myself out of boredom at wave 54

Quote Originally Posted by devonizer View Post
    with the fix its so easy i killed myself out of boredom at wave 54
    You sat through the first half hour without problem, eh, but when it started to get to the point where even rippers will kill your tank unless you DL him, and where large singers will kill your group in 2 aoes, you *then* decided it was too boring and gave up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    You sat through the first half hour without problem, eh, but when it started to get to the point where even rippers will kill your tank unless you DL him, and where large singers will kill your group in 2 aoes, you *then* decided it was too boring and gave up?

whats the problem with DL? i used it often since wave #1

the only issue i had before the fix was that at some point the npc would stop interrupting, specially in bewteen wave x6 and x7, now that each wave dies before the next one its extremely easy, i have all the time i want to interrutp\cc and also dps
    Last edited by mmocb2142eacd7; 2013-09-21 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by devonizer View Post
    whats the problem with DL? i used it often since wave #1

the only issue i had before the fix was that at some point the npc would stop interrupting, specially in bewteen wave x6 and x7, now that each wave dies before the next one its extremely easy, i have all the time i want to interrutp\cc and also dps
    Yeah, you can use DL when it's not needed if you want to heal inefficiently. Your character is Syrìel, right? Wave 54 indeed.

Thanks a bunch for the helpful guide!

For anyone still struggling to get the title for 30+ endless I suggest this link:

http://www.wowhead.com/news=219282/w...strats-endless

It details what mobs come each wave. Knowing what is coming means you can plan ahead and I found having a set plan was the best way forward.

Waves last 1 minute so you can plan a cooldown for every single wave, particularly if you use Holy Avenger. LH should be ready each wave. Glyphed Blinding Light every 2 waves. Sacrifice every 2. You can stun twice every wave. When you know exactly what you can do per wave you can really plan ahead. I had Guardian up for almost every Hive wave for example. Holy Avenger can be used every other wave.

In terms of other tips, focus interrupts on the Hive and other casters will go a long way to conserving mana. You may sometimes panic and feel you're better dropping a heal rather than interrupting but the global is almost always used more wisely to interrupt. In any wave with a Tunneller it's best just to keep the raid topped off so you can clear it almost instantly, otherwise you waste a ton of mana.