10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] So I just watch Flashpoint Paradox

Aquaman beating people up.....naaah.

Aquaman has super strength and can at times be indestructible much like Superman. All people seem to catch on is the ability to talk to fish though...

As for the Flashpoint adaptation, I feel he was a bit too brawny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Aquaman beating people up.....naaah.
    You're kidding right? Aquaman is near superman power levels. He walks around at the bottom of the ocean and he has a magic trident. /nerdrageover.

And the flashpoint paradox was awesome.

Aquaman is one of the most powerful heroes in the DCU. Especially with his water hand.

He doesn't really "talk to fish" either. Aquaman kinda just mind controls/pushes them.

Basically, any of the well known heroes that were known for being weak, got powered up with super strength, resilience, flight, whatever was needed. It's probably a credit to Batman's enduring character that he didn't get such at some point.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Basically, any of the well known heroes that were known for being weak, got powered up with super strength, resilience, flight, whatever was needed. It's probably a credit to Batman's enduring character that he didn't get such at some point.
    Aquaman was always powerful. Everyone just remembers the stupid Superfriends rendition is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Aquaman was always powerful. Everyone just remembers the stupid Superfriends rendition is all.
    This is true. Aquaman outside the comics kinda became a joke because of the children's cartoon. However, Aquaman has always been in the comics rather powerful.

Just like Martian Manhunter. For whatever reason people have an impression he can't do much but he's Superman level of powers/strength. Actually, that's also a thing- again, people think Superman is the top dog in DC powers wise but that are plenty of others on his level.

Even Batman is ridiculous for a "human" and has wielded power in various stories that ranges from vampire to mech to Green Lantern.

Bros, Batman dodged Darkseid's Omega Beams and fought THROUGH TIME.

The JLA are all gods among mortals. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You're kidding right? Aquaman is near superman power levels. He walks around at the bottom of the ocean and he has a magic trident. /nerdrageover.

And the flashpoint paradox was awesome.
    Yea, aquaman jokes have made him an easy target to most people. Hopefully his movie (if he gets one) paints him in a new light.

Agreed on paradox.

I think you need to get educated on Aquaman. This album is a good start. http://imgur.com/gallery/ttjz6

15+ Year Old Account
    Flashpoint is a really great bit of animation. Story is to the point, but still true to the source material. I used it to explain to my coworker, who isn't the most focus minded person, what could go wrong in The Flash series if Barry were to alter things by time traveling. Also it helped show why The Flash is one of the most important people in that universe.

It'll be fun explaining things to him this season with more time travel, and possible universe hopping.