Page 3 of 135 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that the fight against DD will have 3 people. One person will get taken over by DD's thread puppet thing, one person will fight that person and make sure they don't interfere with the third, who will be fighting DD.

Although, it just occurred to me that I've yet to see DD control someone while actively fighting. He might be able to freeze someone, like he did Sanji, but he might not be able to make them fight another person while he's trying to fight as well.

Nah three people against DD is too much lol.

To the guy who said DD is going to get fought by Zolo. I think Zolo would cut the fuck out of any strings DD has so no that's too easy.

I really think, even though he's not a Straw Hat, that Law has to be the one to do this. Idk who the main enemy for Luffy would be then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there is still Burgess and the blind Admiral. It's probably too early to beat either, but if he can fight to an inconclusive finish while the other Strawhats and Law take care of the rest of the Dressrosa stuff, then escape and head to Zou, that could work.

- - - Updated - - -

If Law does do the final fight with DD, he's not going to win now. We still haven't even seen a large chunk of the other DD pirates in action yet. It's like when Luffy fought Crocodile before anyone had fought the 1 pair, 4 pair and Mr 2.

Oh no DD isn't going down now. Law'll be taken hostage or some shit until they can get CClown back.

Someone go back and find out how many "strong" crewmates DD had? I feel like I heard the number three somewhere lol...Then see if the current strawhats on Dedrossa will be enough to match up to them.

Burgess can easily go down now. He's not really that strong, he's like. Only first division commander lol. It'd be a good way to setup a war with Blackbeard...And either way, Luffy is gonna have to fuck up Burgess and Bartolomeo and Cavendish if he's going to legit win Ace's devil fruit. (I feel like the battle will be interrupted.)

Admiral --should-- be too strong for Luffy to take down but ehhhhhhhhhh EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Logically Garp was Admiral level and he fucked up Don Chinjao the head Haki guy. And Luffy beat Chinjao in the same manner (quite easily) as Garp did. So technically Luffy is near Admiral level. Which is only further supported by the fact that Law could survive against Admiral + DD at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Admiral --should-- be too strong for Luffy to take down but ehhhhhhhhhh EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Logically Garp was Admiral level and he fucked up Don Chinjao the head Haki guy. And Luffy beat Chinjao in the same manner (quite easily) as Garp did. So technically Luffy is near Admiral level. Which is only further supported by the fact that Law could survive against Admiral + DD at the same time.
    Luffy's power now is miles ahead of where he was in Marineford where he was getting tossed around by Admirals, but the problem is we don't truly know how much. Nothing so far in the New World has really given us an indication of just how far Luffy has progressed in terms of the characters he used to struggle against, apart from the way he can one shot Pacifistas now. I'd like to see him fight someone that he struggled against during Marineford as a gauge of his progress. It could very well be the case that he could actually fight a prolonged (AKA, not impossible) fight against someone like Akainu now.

But so far throughout the New World arc, Luffy has only directly faced people who are honestly a joke to him, the only reason why Hordy was able to deal so much damage was because of the water factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I say that it's too early for Burgess is because it would set up the Blackbeard-Strawhat fight too early. I assume taking on Blackbeard will be either the final ark, or very close to it. Sure, Blackbeard isn't much of a nakama-guy, so his reaction to someone taking out a division commander wouldn't be the same as say, Whitebeard's reaction to taking down Ace, but I still think it would accelerate Blackbeard-Strawhat too quickly.

I can see Fujitora and Luffy fighting, and Fujitora deciding to stop the fight and let Luffy go so that he can help prevent collateral damage to Dressrosa and the populace.

Don't you guys sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    But so far throughout the New World arc, Luffy has only directly faced people who are honestly a joke to him.
    Ya but really he's debuted his strongest moves like a bunch of times. Once against Kraken, then a new move against Hody, then a double punch against CC, then typical punch on Chinjao.

It's like. Luffy mastered Haki and his Devil Fruit. And he's also a good fighter/strong endurance/keeps fighting/whatever you wanna call it. How much stronger could he possibly than what he is right now? Even Zolo has nothing left to do but cut or do some more sword tornados, but him and Luffy are already super strong enough to fuck up basically anyone in the New World. (Sanji keeps getting his ass handed to him lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    The only reason I say that it's too early for Burgess is because it would set up the Blackbeard-Strawhat fight too early. I assume taking on Blackbeard will be either the final ark, or very close to it. Sure, Blackbeard isn't much of a nakama-guy, so his reaction to someone taking out a division commander wouldn't be the same as say, Whitebeard's reaction to taking down Ace, but I still think it would accelerate Blackbeard-Strawhat too quickly.

I can see Fujitora and Luffy fighting, and Fujitora deciding to stop the fight and let Luffy go so that he can help prevent collateral damage to Dressrosa and the populace.
    Oh, so Blackbeard laughing in Luffy's face saying "lol I made your brother die and now my crewmate is gonna eat his fruit and lols you're powerless" like three chapters ago wasn't setting stuff up?! 3/4 Yonkou are basically "set up" to meet sort of. He declared war on Big Mom, he's currently fucking with Kaidou, and first thing he said when he got to New World was "I'll finally get to see Shanks" (not that that was a setup for a fight, but just a meeting).

Btw, I'm pretty sure Luffy is gonna have to help Rebeccah reclaim the country so I don't see a way Luffy can't fight DD lol, besides the "Law has so much history with him" component. Unless Law bitches out and now Luffy has to beat DD to "unlock Law" as part of the Alliance or repay his debt to him or some shit, like he had to for all other crewmates (besides Zolo) and will have to for Jimbei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so Blackbeard laughing in Luffy's face saying "lol I made your brother die and now my crewmate is gonna eat his fruit and lols you're powerless" like three chapters ago wasn't setting stuff up?! 3/4 Yonkou are basically "set up" to meet sort of. He declared war on Big Mom, he's currently fucking with Kaidou, and first thing he said when he got to New World was "I'll finally get to see Shanks" (not that that was a setup for a fight, but just a meeting).
    There is setup for Luffy to go after Blackbeard, but there isn't any real setup for Blackbeard to go after Luffy. Blackbeard pissed off a lot of people on his way to becoming a Youkai, and right now Blackbeard is probably more interested in the other Youkai, the Marines, and probably the survivors of the Whitebeard Pirates. Luffy is probably low on his radar. But if Luffy takes out Burgess, that brings Blackbeard's focus onto Luffy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you guys sleep?
    It's 3:19PM in australia.

Ya but really he's debuted his strongest moves like a bunch of times. Once against Kraken, then a new move against Hody, then a double punch against CC, then typical punch on Chinjao.

It's like. Luffy mastered Haki and his Devil Fruit. And he's also a good fighter/strong endurance/keeps fighting/whatever you wanna call it. How much stronger could he possibly than what he is right now? Even Zolo has nothing left to do but cut or do some more sword tornados, but him and Luffy are already super strong enough to fuck up basically anyone in the New World. (Sanji keeps getting his ass handed to him lol.)
    He's debuted his new strongest moves but only in a roflstomp context, we still don't know how his new powers would fly in the face of those he used to be weaker than. How would a fight between Luffy and Dracule Mihawk go now? A fight between Luffy and Akainu? Between Luffy and Kuma? His future fight against Burgess in the arena will probably be the closest we're getting to a power analysis in Dressrosa atm, even though they never directly fought prior.

LOL Youkai. You mean Yonkou, ekekekeke. I learned the word Youkai as a demon from Inuyasha. (In before "omg stop talking about other manga Blue.)

Ya you're right. If Blackbeard lost a division [leader] then maybe other Yonkou would fuck with him and cause him problems. Look at how big of a deal losing CC is, after DD made Kaidou get 500 fruit users! But the Yonkou are in "deadlock." I can't wait to find out what that means. I'm assuming it means they won't let any other Yonkou proceed but it could just as easily mean they can't figure out the next island or whatever.

Burgess definitely is getting fucked up if this tournament continues though. Only question is whether or not he'll get arrested by marines lol. (Problem is Marines can't do shit inside Coliseum area.)

- - - Updated - - -

Idk Radio. Kuma would get raped. Mihawk...I don't think Luffy would do well against swords. Akainu is definitely getting fucked up by Luffy at the end of the series.

Btw. SPOILER ALERT, I'm gonna say something that affects something in the future of One Piece, that is a guess by some One Piece fan in Japan. DO NOT READ if you don't want any spoilers, but if you wanna see what this fan predicted based on some Japanese stuff that we can't really get from an English translation (which isn't like ruining this arc or anything) then...Kuma is gonna join Strawhat Crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL Youkai. You mean Yonkou, ekekekeke. I learned the word Youkai as a demon from Inuyasha. (In before "omg stop talking about other manga Blue.)
    I knew I should have just typed Emperor...

You know. Doflamingo is pretty strong lol. He effortlessly was about to rape Sanji, and if it wasn't for them running away he'd murder probably every one of those Straw hat pirates.

It's hard to imagine him so much weaker than Kaidou that he'd get stomped. How strong could these Yonkou be?! Even with two years I'm scared Strawhats are still too weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait I was supposed to do something about mentioning how some devil fruits are better than others....and question whether a devil fruit makes someone strong or they're strong even with devil fruit...(assuming of course equal skill in Haki).

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind it's not just the strength of Kaidou (although I imagine that is probably frikkin huge), it's also the strength of his crew. Kaidou was already strong enough to become a Yonkou before getting SMILE, and now he's added several hundred Zoan-types to his crew.

DD's fruit does seem pretty strong, but it probably has some weaknesses. Maybe they'll just wait for a cloudless day, then shove him into the ocean. Maybe there is a limited number of threads he can make at one time.

Assuming equal Haki and physical skill, some fruits are better than others. Akainu's Lava > Ace's Fire, Luffy's Rubber > Enel's Thunder, etc. It's a bit of rock, paper, scissors for some of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone go back and find out how many "strong" crewmates DD had? I feel like I heard the number three somewhere lol...Then see if the current strawhats on Dedrossa will be enough to match up
    There are indeed 3 strong crew members. One for each suit in a deck of cards with DD being the Joker. There's the spade, the diamond and the club. It's also speculated that Law was or was meant to become the heart (because of his crew's name and his Jolly Roger)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Keep in mind it's not just the strength of Kaidou (although I imagine that is probably frikkin huge), it's also the strength of his crew. Kaidou was already strong enough to become a Yonkou before getting SMILE, and now he's added several hundred Zoan-types to his crew.

DD's fruit does seem pretty strong, but it probably has some weaknesses. Maybe they'll just wait for a cloudless day, then shove him into the ocean. Maybe there is a limited number of threads he can make at one time.

Assuming equal Haki and physical skill, some fruits are better than others. Akainu's Lava > Ace's Fire, Luffy's Rubber > Enel's Thunder, etc. It's a bit of rock, paper, scissors for some of them.
    Ya but that's just taking advantage of elemental weakness. Feels like in the New World with Haki being so common you really need a Paramecia fruit since logias will get owned faster than Caribou got owned by Pekoms.

I'm talking about how like. If someone else had DDs thread fruit would they still be as strong? Or is it only because DD is strong. He's strong both in Haki but also to even block Sanji's super kick with his own kick.

Also, it's not fair to say his weakness is to push him in the ocean when there's no clouds! Every devil fruit user sucks at sea, I'd say it's PRETTY awesome that DD can do that cloud shit in order to fly. That whip is crazy strong though and obviously being able to control people or just slice stuff up is nice too. As opposed to Luffy who can only stretch and maybe blow up his body parts....

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    There are indeed 3 strong crew members. One for each suit in a deck of cards with DD being the Joker. There's the spade, the diamond and the club. It's also speculated that Law was or was meant to become the heart (because of his crew's name and his Jolly Roger)
    Woah I didn't get that card reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya but that's just taking advantage of elemental weakness. Feels like in the New World with Haki being so common you really need a Paramecia fruit since logias will get owned faster than Caribou got owned by Pekoms.
    Akainu vs all the Whitebeard commanders.

I'm talking about how like. If someone else had DDs thread fruit would they still be as strong? Or is it only because DD is strong. He's strong both in Haki but also to even block Sanji's super kick with his own kick.
    The fruit would be as strong, but whether they would be able to use it as well as DD is up to the user. Think of when Luffy was practicing his Gum Gum Pistol during the Sabu flashback. Also, part of the strength of Paramecia fruits is how you use it. Any Ito Ito user could make threads to the clouds, but how many would have that occur to them to even try? As for blocking Sanji's kick, we can probably assume his Haki is as good or better than Sanji's, and the rest is just personal skill.

Also, it's not fair to say his weakness is to push him in the ocean when there's no clouds! Every devil fruit user sucks at sea, I'd say it's PRETTY awesome that DD can do that cloud shit in order to fly. That whip is crazy strong though and obviously being able to control people or just slice stuff up is nice too. As opposed to Luffy who can only stretch and maybe blow up his body parts....
    Second Gear was pretty inventive on Luffy's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah I didn't get that card reference.
    What do you mean? You missed it while reading or you didn't get what I meant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might mean the part about Law being the Heart part of DD's crew. I know I missed that part. I remember when the 3 card guys were introduced, I thought one was missing, but I didn't make the Heart Pirates - Heart Card connection.

No you made it clear, when I was reading it I didn't get the "cards" references LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow, that scene of a bunch of the tournament losers sitting in an underground cavern on a mountain of toys was freakier than anything that happened during the Thriller Bark ark.