Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skur View Post
    I think he is worthy, he has proven him self loyal to the Horde for as long as I can remember, more than any other candidate. Like Thrall said, it's because of Vol'jin's efforts that the Horde held together during the latest events.

He has been one of my favorite characters since I played WC3 all those years ago, I'm happy to see him get this great role!
    What did voljin do? Entice the horde and alliance with titles. He did nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I like it, they changed a key element, a non orc leading the horde that is rather nice and refreshing, I would love to see human dominance being broken on the Alliance side as well, could turn out quite interesting.
    Yeah I mean, we may as well not be playing warcraft.

Right, I mean it IS orcs vs humans.

Quote Originally Posted by angryplateguy View Post

I have played this franchise since wc2 and to be honest the orc vs human thing gets rather stale, it becomes far too predictable. So I personally would love some change, at least temporarily.

I like Vol'jin being the warchief but I think it's stupid anyone else being the warchief as long as Thrall is in the horde. Imagine Thrall and Vol'jin have a disagreement over an important matter, who do you think will the rest of Horde side with. Or do you think Vol'jin would make any important decision such as going to a war without Thrall's approval first. I don't. We'll see how things turn out, hope they'll pull it off without damaging either character.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    except the fact vol'jin sucks when it comes to combat.
    Does he? When do we ever see him fight?

He's a Shadow Hunter! He doesn't fight face to face, he snipes his enemies from a distance or knifes them in the back. The reason we've never seen him fighting is because its not what he does. Which makes him much more scary, honestly.

There's more basis for saying Sylvannas sucks at fighting - she gets defeated constantly in combat. Yet plenty of people assume she'd be a better leader. Sense, none is being made.

I think the Vol'jjin bashing is hilarious. Its so petty and hollow. He's a stone cold calculated killer.

And honestly, if he was in a direct fight, I can't imagine he'd be easy to bring down. Trolls are fast, agile and whipcord strong.

10+ Year Old Account

Not anymore apparently, and I say good riddance. What use is all the depth of WoW races and lore if they only ever focus on "Orcs vs Humans"? Might as well kill off the other races entirely. I've never seen so many people hung up on the subtitle of a game nearly 20 yrs old. Shit changes, grows, adapts and that's a good thing.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account

Seems like the devs are content with trying to force this notion, that the orcs vs human thing need not influence the story.. that would fine and all, if they had the balls to so the same to the alliance and have, lets say, night elves run the alliance.
    But not, only the horde had to deal with this shit, lucky lucky.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    I am yet to see him pierce a heart
    He'd be a crappy Shadow Hunter if you did.

Well, the idea of Vol'jin being Warchief, is slowly growing on me. Watching the Horde cinematic certainly helped. It does seem like all the Horde leaders were in agreement, and Vol'jin did look bad ass. At least we're not led by a Orc anymore, so that's "new".

I remember talking to people pre TBC saying that if anything ever happened to Thrall, Vol'jin was gonna be the next in line. It could have been worse, they could've picked Baine, or Varian's son, or God knows which random character!

Realisticly Sylvannas never had a chance, and Lor'thermar would've made half the Horde player base implode, he was always 3rd in line behind Vol'jin and Thrall.

Maybe now they'll actually add the new player models, even if they start with Troll ones first, at least it will be something NEW!

I certainly enjoyed all the debates on here in the past few weeks on this topic! (Hi Trassk!)

Cheers all!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The orcs have no leader yet. Thrall is leading the Earthen Ring, he is following a new path. Vol'jin may be Warchief but the Orcs dont yet have a voice.... THATS going to be the interesting bit.
    Battlepet Collector http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Monekop/
    Mount Collector http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collec...p?user=Monekop
    All round collector of aesthetically pleasing items and garden gnomes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monekop View Post
    The orcs have no leader yet. Thrall is leading the Earthen Ring, he is following a new path. Vol'jin may be Warchief but the Orcs dont yet have a voice.... THATS going to be the interesting bit.
    sigh.. have to quote this again..

After Garrosh's capture, Thrall personally chose Vol'jin to hold the Horde together and pledged his allegiance to him, along with the remaining leaders of the faction. He also resumed his rule over the orcish clans of the Horde and the nation of Durotar.

Thralls back with the horde. My guess is, because really, it was never actually made offical in the game Thrall saying he was now leader of the earthen ring, the devs simply don't touch on this and just leave that open to interpretation. Thrall will most likely pass it to someone like nubundo.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-09-13 at 04:17 PM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Yeah it's pathetic. I would've rather ANY of the racial leaders (well okay, except the goblin) become the Warchief of the Horde than this idiot. It should always be an orc, and even leaving out Thrall (the obvious and best choice) there were other good candidates. I simply can't respect a troll as Warchief. The lore nut inside of me wants to faction change now. Now that the orcs are broken, Sylvanas and the Forsaken are the only reason I have left to prefer the Horde over the Alliance. I wasn't surprised it was Vol'jin, though. They've been building him up so much lately, it was rather obvious. But I couldn't help feeling a massive wave of disappointment when I saw it confirmed. As a conservative, it gave me about the same feeling as when Obama won the election again.
    Racist idiots will be racist idiots in or out of game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I like it, they changed a key element, a non orc leading the horde that is rather nice and refreshing, I would love to see human dominance being broken on the Alliance side as well, could turn out quite interesting.

that would frankly be a breath of fresh air!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thralls back with the horde. My guess is, because really, it was never actually made offical in the game Thrall saying he was now leader of the earthen ring, the devs simply don't touch on this and just leave that open to interpretation. Thrall will most likely pass it to someone like nubundo.
    my guess is the responsilities of two out of three positions (Warchief, Orc Faction Leader, Head of the Earth Ring) is manageable, but all three is not manageable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirTolomay View Post
    Racist idiots will be racist idiots in or out of game
    i know, what an ass

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I'm sad they took the most lame and predictable choice possible, but then again it was expected so whatever. The raid is fantastic and at the end of the day gameplay > story in WoW by immeasurable amounts. That's how it's always been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post

my guess is the responsilities of two out of three positions (Warchief, Orc Faction Leader, Head of the Earth Ring) is manageable, but all three is not manageable.
    I doubt he'd want to leave his own people alone without a leader to guide them, the orcs have lost a lot in this overthrowing of garrosh, including there position in the horde itself being tenuous. They need Thrall to help them back up.
    plus, I really don't want to see Thrall becoming the hordes version of malfurion, you know, standing around not attachable neutral, claiming to be a leader of night elves but never doing anything for them.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiousity what the hell ever happened with deadeye boy, he seemed like a good choice, even if was training to be a warlock.

no middle option, alliance and don't really mind either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

So does every real-world leader (except Putin maybe).
    That didn't prevent them from being elected as leader.
    oh the real world, you mean where there aren't zombies, dragons, demons and all other kind of shit coming to KILL YOU?
    Being a pussy who can't fight in a world like warcraft just means you hide behind others for defense.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    No other way to say that besides fucking about time. Was hoping for Vol Jin since cata, love the man!

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The master race orc bullshit needs to stop. The Horde is a family now. This isn't Humans vs Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    How has he shown himself to be a capable leader? When offered help he took it by insulting and threatening. He's done pretty much nothing leaderlike except dissappear from his people to hang out with a Pandaren during their greatest time of need.
    He had absolutly zero reason to not trust Garrosh from the start. If anything, he's the one who drove him over the edge: Vol'Jin started the backstabbing. Vol'Jin started the spitting. Vol'Jin was told to be an advisor, but he disrespected Thrall's wishes and had a hissy fit while openly plotting against Garrosh, who had done nothing wrong.
    Zero reason not to trust Garrosh, except for the fact that he was clearly not fit to lead the Horde from beginning of Wrath to the beginning of Cata? Zero reason not to trust Garrosh aside from the fact he's a Hellscream and was behaving just like his father did, if not worse? Zero reason not to trust Garrosh other the fact his people got immediately ostracized by Garrosh and confined in the slums of Orgrimmar?

Also, it's hard to do much when you have a eff'ing mortal, poisoned wound caused by an assassination attempt he miraculously survived? Yeah, sure, just give him an aspirin, some duct tape to close the wound and he's instantly back to 100%. Right.

He did not disrespect Thrall's wishes. He indeed advised Garrosh, but the orc gave him no mind at all. There is only so much ignoring one can take, while Vol'jin's people was thrown either to the slums or out of Orgrimmar. He only started 'plotting' against Garrosh when the nutty orc went off the deep end and started treating the other Horde races as little more than fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    Seriously, before you harp on how great Vol'Jin in, look at the bullcrap he's done and the terrible person he's been as well as the very small list of things he's accomplished. Heck. Thrall said Vol'Jin kept the Horde together and kept their honor. Vol'Jin did neither: in battlefield barrens he only had his own people and the Alliance with maybe some tauren. The other leaders of the Horde joined with no prodding from Vol'Jin. Alliance joined the rebellion not at Vol'Jins insistance but someone elses, and despite this he still spat in Alliances face.
    What 'bullcrap' did he do? Vol'jin did keep the Horde's honor. He upheld the unity of the Horde, and went against Garrosh when the warchief stopped upholding honor. Also, 'his own people and the Alliance with maybe some tauren'... If you don't recall, they were in the Barrens, where, other than orcs, is mostly populated by Trolls. With the Tauren close by at Mulgore. Elves and Forsaken? On the other side of the world. And just because they saw Garrosh for what he is and joined the rebellion on their own does not diminish Vol'jin's accomplishments.

Also, he 'spat on the Alliance's face'? When? It was implicit and explicit that the only reason Vol'jin accepted the Alliance's help was because they had a common enemy and because he knew they'd never be able to go against Garrosh on their own. It was simply an alliance of convenience with the Alliance, it doesn't mean they had to become buddy-buddies. The Alliance wasn't doing a favor to Vol'jin and neither was Vol'jin doing a favor for the Alliance.