Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    Lucifron didn't require FR. So, no. I'm pretty sure I tanked this guy the second I hit level 60 with blues and greens equipped. It felt so much better, too. Epics actually meant something. Why is there even a blue and green quality anymore? Make everything epic with special green text underneath.
    You're missing my point. Oh what I'd give to be surprised.
    The color of the name of your gear actually means something?
    No.
    Server firsts, world firsts, being the best guild on the server means something.
    A color is a color.
    Accomplishment is accomplishment. You put more focus on color, and less focus on the gear itself.
    That is why I personally feel you are incorrect in your assessment of worth.
    You don't care about the trophies--just the packaging they come in.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The key word here is meant something, past tense. This isnt the year 2005 anymore. The problem you have with the color purple is that you still have it stuck in your head that you should wiegh a person based on the color of their gear but Blizzard, who trump you when it comes to designing blizzard games, obviously do not share your sentiment. Purple is no longer the mark of excellence, it is a mark of what you get when you disenchant the gear and that is all. If you want the mark of excellence you have to look 3 pixels lower than the purple word for 'Heroic, normal, Flex and looking for Raid." I know that reading hurts peoples brains but we will all adapt, some quicker than others apparently.
    At least they need to make the bad gear look bad. The bad gear looks as good as the best gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Items from the caches (5k coins) have gem slots.
    As do some of the ilvl 496 items randomly produced by the tokens.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    MoP is alt unfriendly, too much rep grind! *poof* Now its too easy to get exalted mounts!
    I don't want to grind quests to 90 on alts! *poof* Now that its 33% easier to level an Alt all my hard work leveling was wasted!
    It takes too long to get gear in LFR! *poof* This increased gear drop is handing out welfare purples!
    I'd like to make my alt raid ready faster!*Poof* Its raining welfare purples and its ruining the sha crystal market which I thought I was going to abuse my way to bags o' riches!!
    Theres too much money in the economy! *poof* This black Market sucks because now you can buy a mount that I had to work hard for! (ignoring that people work hard for their money).

It doesn't matter what Blizz does, someone out there will bitch up a storm about it. You don't like dailies but you hate the new area which gives you stuff to do without relying on dailies. Makes sense to me...
    Oh I hear you, and i'm not against loot and fight island totally, I will however suggest that there is more then black and white in the world, and blizz isn't particularly subtle about grey area, their 'shades of grey' could use a little tuning.
    Is it so hard to imagine a shade of grey between 'epics falling out of your pockets as you walk along', and 'it's hot, damn hot, and it hasn't rained epics in 5 years...'?
    But as always I think this topic is all about where we all 'draw the line' and that's just plain old going to be different for everyone.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Whats better Timless Isle, or 4.3 Heroic lootfests? You need one or the other at this point in the expansion. Choose. I prefer Timeless Isle myself, much more fun.

Deleted
    my enchanter doesn't mind this at all

I am a previous hardcore raider and I like it. I haven't played in nearly a year and a half so my character had zero MOP gear. At least I can now do LFR SoO, if I actually decided to go back to serious raiding (possible but unlikely) I'd definitely expect to have to get better gear first since the itemization is subpar and the ilevels are way behind.

I don't mind catch up mechanics, but I would prefer if they just designed new dungeons instead. Granted I think the main reason we have had such a small pool of dungeons in the first place for MoP was for lack of ideas.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    my enchanter doesn't mind this at all
    I've been swimming in crystals from DEing the 420 and 440 epics, for ages, so if "lots of crystals" is new to someone, he hasn't been paying attention the entire expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Timeless Ilse runner: Phwew! Got me 20 epics and I'm fully geared out! Guys, can I join in tonight's raid?

Guild: You now meet the minimum iLevel, so sure!

Timeless Ilse runner: YAY! I feel like I've accomplished something by now being able to raid with my friends! ^_^
    Being able to raid with your friends is more important than worrying that people you don't know will judge you for using catch up mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?

The timeless isle feels more like fast food than actual content. Sure it filled that hunger to gear your characters but after you're done the process in as little as an hour or 2 whats next for you? Obviously you're not going to pursue normal modes you missed out on with your alts, no... you need the gear now to get into the next LFR.....

So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)

anyway the Isle will get boring fast when people realize fast food content isn't good for the game.

Quality over quantity.
    Troll???

I took a break for 6 months and I am coming back with a fresh 90, you think I want to go through all the shit I already did on my other toons? Not a fucking chance brah.

Being lazy on my alts all this time paid off! It isn't the first time Blizz have done this, they did it at the end of TBC with the plaguelands events too.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

That bit about the sha crystals makes me think that the OP is more mad about his profits dropping than about the actual epics.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    At least they need to make the bad gear look bad. The bad gear looks as good as the best gear anymore.
    Why? So you can try to recapture that moment in time when you imagined that people would lick your boots and drool about how you looked epic in gear they couldn't get? You should be able to feel good about your accomplishments based on your own personal efforts rather than the imaginary admiration of other players.

This gear is going to be replaced 3 hours later in LFR, or transmogged instantly into something else the player likes better anyways. God forbid they should get a set that they actually like wearing and might keep in their bank vault for later because they might want to transmog into it.

This game isn't about you, worry about your own experiences and stop worrying that someone else got something that looks nice easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Whats better Timless Isle, or 4.3 Heroic lootfests? You need one or the other at this point in the expansion. Choose. I prefer Timeless Isle myself, much more fun.

Hear, hear. There's so much damn secret shit to find it's like Easter Egg island or something. Love it.

This thread...

I consider the Timeless Isle a "Miniature American Flag for others" and I really enjoy it.

Why do ppl hate catch up mechanics? The rate at which ppl are leaving makes it hard to find a casual raid guild that will bring a low geared person to a raid that is no longer relevant. And there gear is no way better than normal right?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Hear, hear. There's so much damn secret shit to find it's like Easter Egg island or something. Love it.
    Heck yeah. About had a heart attack when I did the rope jumping chest last night, but got it on the first try. Hopefully it's a sign they can include some more in depth jumping puzzles like GW2 has, b/c it would work great in WoW as well. I'm surprised how well designed a lot of things are. They used that little space very, very well.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Baladash View Post

This thread...

I consider the Timeless Isle a "Miniature American Flag for others" and I really enjoy it.
    miniature american flags is mocking republicans who usually have some at rallies xD

Deleted
    The catch-up island is the only other real content besides DS 2.0 this tier. They say I have to be happy for that.

also: proving grounds at endless on Day 1.

Game is in stagnation.

[another fragmentary thought]

They sort of redeemed themselves for a moment with ToT and now they flushed themselves all over again.

eternal downfall. step by step towards the pit!

1/10 for the patch

Edit: they should rename the Isle to Ephemeral Isle. Would suit it better.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2013-09-12 at 08:44 PM.