Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?
    I am wasting time playing a video game. Why should I feel any accomplishment in doing anything in it other than finding enjoyment? If you do not feel any sense of gratifactions, then don't it. Other may enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    TL;DR: I earned my epics the long and painful way THEREFORE YOU SHOULD ALL DO THAT TO OMG HOW DARE THEY.

It's the end of the x-pack, it's catch up time, what difference does it make?
    You wish. Pandaria feels like its been around forever, but its only about half over.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    Anybody that manages to get a second toon (alt) to level 90 in this awful expansion deserves to get free epics.
    I have eight characters at level 90. Five of them are ready for SoO LFR.

BTW, I didn't see anyone complaining about ilvl 498 items from honor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    You wish. Pandaria feels like its been around forever, but its only about half over.
    If the expansion goes on more than six months from now, it's going to be in for a world of hurt. I expect the next expansion to release April 2014.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-09-12 at 04:33 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Yes I admit timeless isle is actually atrocious. Looks like one of this cheap Asian mmos full of virus you log in once and delete forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trash 496 "epics" they hand out really ought to give people no concern. In this expansion we've seen an enormous ilvl bloat so 496 is this patches 456 gear. The discrepancy is so fucking massive that it may as well be lvl 50 blues and greens they're handing out.When HC raiders will be rocking ilvl 600 shit that 496 is a looooooooooooooong way from the top.

Ultimately the bigger problem is that without a valor vendor to keep on progression people are shortly gonna find themselves out of "things to do". March/April/May is A LONG way away for a new expansion and lots and lots of games and brand new shiny consoles coming out in the mean time. WINTER is coming Blizzard.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-12 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I have eight characters at level 90. Five of them are ready for SoO LFR.

BTW, I didn't see anyone complaining about ilvl 498 items from honor.

- - - Updated - - -

If the expansion goes on more than six months from now, it's going to be in for a world of hurt. I expect the next expansion to release April 2014.
    That's true. When you manage to gear two of your alts in less than one hour of farming i get the feeling this wasn't really thought over in a "long term" kind of way.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    That's true. When you manage to gear two of your alts in less than one hour of farming i get the feeling this wasn't really thought over in a "long term" kind of way.
    Pretty presumptious. It actually seems like they thought about their design a lot. The Isle + Flex mode is supposed to result in new raiders trying out flex mode instead of LFR. It will either happen and they learn that it's a great thing to revive raid culture, albeit with a less hardcore mentality, or it will fail and they will realize outside of LFR they need to provide additional content.

They can't know what people like until they give everyone the chance to experience something. It's called iterative design for a reason.
    BAD WOLF

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What's negative:
    - they yield Sha Crystals. For me I even got an extremely rare proccing Haunting Spirit.
    That'll bring the prices of the crystals down, and the enchants that need said crystals.

This is the only point of validity and could be addressed in a whole different manner, combined with a request to possibly hot-fix it and remove the DE ability from them.
    I kinda suspect that the amount of sha crystals that were on the servers the day before the patch already exceeded the amount of sha crystals that would be used before the next expansion. I could be wrong but with that belief (which fits my own enchant bags pretty well but may not survive extrapolation to complete server populations) i end up seeing people complain about more sha crystals and the value dropping the same as people complaining in the spring that there are too many leaves on the trees and the value is dropping.

You can get 10-20 epic items, but you can't make them into epic gear without 50,000 coins each.

I've freakin' been trying to just get epoch stones and attempting total animal extinction on that island and I've got 6,000 coins (plus the 1,000 I've spent). 50,000 is a mind numbing crush to gear a character with.

My hunter could use a new chest, legs, and trinket. I have drops for those, but I'd have to farm up 150,000 coins. I'm pretty sure I can get full LFR gear in Orgrimmar before I farm up 150,000 coins farming mobs for drops and looking for chests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Pretty presumptious. It actually seems like they thought about their design a lot. The Isle + Flex mode is supposed to result in new raiders trying out flex mode instead of LFR. It will either happen and they learn that it's a great thing to revive raid culture, albeit with a less hardcore mentality, or it will fail and they will realize outside of LFR they need to provide additional content.

They can't know what people like until they give everyone the chance to experience something. It's called iterative design for a reason.
    That's great. Notice I didn't say its a bad plan. You're analysis is good.
    Still though. This is the final patch, will this approach keep people intrigued in the long term?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Ultimately the bigger problem is that without a valor vendor to keep on progression people are shortly gonna find themselves out of "things to do". March/April/May is A LONG way away for a new expansion and lots and lots of games and brand new shiny consoles coming out in the mean time. WINTER is coming Blizzard.
    Have to admit I'd probably cancel in October til next patch/expansion since FF XIV: ARR has exceeded my expectations and PS4 is on the way (but I'm paid up through December). You are quite correct on that point, sir.

Deleted
    The epics are rubbish, and the stats are randomized. If anything I wish the gear was better. The only thing worth mentioning is the item that can upgrade an item to 535 ilvl, but then it relies heavily on RNG to get something with good stats for your spec and is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Have to admit I'd probably cancel in October til next patch/expansion since FF XIV: ARR has exceeded my expectations and PS4 is on the way (but I'm paid up through December). You are quite correct on that point, sir.
    I'm still trying to download it. They disabled the digital downloads before I decided to try it.

Once it gets unlocked again, I'm going to roll on a server that has my buddies from Rift.

I don't see my interest in MoP (raiding at least) lasting much beyond early November. One (clear) and Done in SoO LFR. One and Done.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

people quit because of many different reasons, not just because of one :>

they dont just quit because they have purple in every slot and feel like this is the end of the game...
    me for example im too lazy to grind epics, but i still want them and sice its too much work to get them i simply quit the game so i dont have to deal with that dilemma anymore.

back to rts for instant gratification, weee!

oh and why are you even so concerned that people are going to quit the game? its not going to hurt your buisness, or is it? :>

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    oh and why are you even so concerned that people are going to quit the game? its not going to hurt your buisness, or is it? :>
    Well, if you have an interest in judging where the game is going, you have two choices.

You can take an egotistical approach, and say "the game should do X because I personally would like that".

Or, you can take a more objective approach, and say "the game should do X because more people want X".

If you take the latter position, then sub numbers are a way to measure how well the design satisfied the player population's desires.

ITS SO FUNNY.

a couple of months ago: "OMG blizz is RUINING THIS GAME! I can't gear more than one toon without feeling burnt out!! I'm going to quit this stupid game!" today: "Gearing alts is TOO DAMN EASY Blizzard is RUINING THIS GAME! I'm going to quit!"

Or how about: "Vanilla was the best expansion ever! Blizz your ruining the game more every expansion!!"
    now: "Why do I have to do all of this stupid grinding to get rep?!"

Everyone likes to bitch and complain about things, and its quite funny because I've seen the same friends bitching about contradictory things like that quite often.

Settle down... play the game or don't, no one's forcing you to play. and if your so stressed about it, go play one of the other "wow killers" that never succeeded.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    though. This is the final patch, will this approach keep people intrigued in the long term?
    Maybe, maybe not. Like I said....it basically amounts to an experiement of iterative design. Probably have a few paths the expansion can shape in and they will place rewards structures and gating appropriately. I expect to see a more balanced blend of all content types they have created so far as going to far either way hasn't proven to work out the last few expansions.

If by 'long term' you mean keeping people busy for the next 6-12 months...obviously this alone isn't going to accomplish that. They are designing for the long term though, which is entirely different.
    BAD WOLF

Perfectly rolled 535 (543) will still be shit loot compared to HC warforged garrosh loot. Without something like this doing 10x more damage on your main then you do on your alt feels weird with them being the same level

This is by far one of the most uneducated thread on the topic of TI I've seen.

TI puts you 2 teirs behind current content. Almost 60 ilvls under current content.

SoO normal drops 553 ilvl stuff. TI drops 496.

That is 57 ilvls under current content.

The Cataclysm HoT heroics dropped 378 gear. Dragon Soul dropped 397.

19 item levels under the current content's normals (DS10/25).

Did you bitch then? Did you complain about how close you were to normal mode gear? Just get out.

It's a catch-up mechanic that isn't Free Epics. Folks have to go out there and meander around and do SOMETHING to get them, and they're two tiers behind current gear. What's the fuss?