Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Resto druid "atonement" is awesome!

So finally had some time to mess around last night and went to try the new Dream of Cenarius for resto druids which essentially give us a freaking atonement heal just like disc priests and let me tell you i freaking loved it. I reforged out of mastery since it does nothing for our "atonement" (heals comes from our damage, not our mastery in this case) and went to give it a try. I first did a few heroic dungeons just for kicks and I absolutely only used wrath to heal and my passive Ysera's Gift, I didn't even bother poping efllo just so I actually had something to heal. Ok, then I went to ToT lfr and Jinrok with a pretty bad group so there was lots of damage going out and I was in awe. I could not believe I was pulling consistently above 130k hps just my spamming wrath and keeping my efllo in melee (+ Ysera's gift obviously). I mean, I understand my damage is getting buffed from standing in the puddle and thus my heal is inflated but still, holy shit i was just spamming 1 button pretty much all the time.

Man, for bosses with damage modifier like this one and Horridon I think this talent is actually really damn strong. Also noticed I was really well on mana and could've prob reforged even more out of spirit into haste or crit... The only big difference I noticed from playing my priest atonement is that our wrath cast is slower but hits harder versus the priest smite that is quicker but heals for less, the result of that is that when there's just some small constant aoe damage our atonement actually is kinda too slow and end up overhealing, but for fights with actual damage going out this could be pretty neat.

Anyone else having a blast with this new talent?!

it was fun for messing around in old content sure. In the new raid there's still too much going on between movement, learning mechanics and needing real heals. Its too hard to squeeze one of those casts in. Maybe when i get to 13k haste BP it'll be easier. But yeah its loads of fun in ToT lfr and 5 mans .

Welcome to how Disc has felt for the last two expansions. Now just imagine if all of those heals came with a giant bubble...

I might switch to it for trash between bosses...

I agree, this is a great talent. Great for old content, and great for very certain parts of SoO fights, such as the Norushen solo phase. It's also great for say in 10 man if you don't feel comfortable 2 healing but 3 healing feels unnecessary, you can 2.5 heal as a dps-healer. It's also great in Flex as the damage is a little more manageable with dpsing, and could even help carry some bad dps (if you can pull 50k+ dps with it).

Nature's Vigil is still my primary choice for most fights.

Spoils is a good fight to use it on now that I think about it.

I like the idea of it, but if people need healing then I'd rather just heal them and if people don't then I'd rather save the mana. It would be interesting it someone did some HPM calculations for the talent, but I don't expect the numbers will be very good.

I'll stick with Heart. The passive bonus is lovely, and being able to go crazy for 45 seconds once or twice per fight is really nice. All those annoying phases get a lot easier to live with.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be really nice if Wrath refreshed Mastery: Harmony

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I like the idea of it, but if people need healing then I'd rather just heal them and if people don't then I'd rather save the mana. It would be interesting it someone did some HPM calculations for the talent, but I don't expect the numbers will be very good.

I'll stick with Heart. The passive bonus is lovely, and being able to go crazy for 45 seconds once or twice per fight is really nice. All those annoying phases get a lot easier to live with.
    Try it out, the mana use actually is almost a non-issue. I spammed it for like 3 minutes straight and it was only like 20% mana, since the DoC heals were proccing my H HLG trinket.

Yeah I gave it a run and at the 13k BP, awesome. I used it for a flex run and loved it, not sure if I would use it in Norm/Heroic though.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I reforged out of mastery since it does nothing for our "atonement" (heals comes from our damage, not our mastery in this case)
    I'm fairly sure it did in PTR; but i can confirm that mastery does NOT affect wrathtonement at all on live.

I guess that makes wrathtonement a lot more viable if your playing the 13k HBP.

Used it on our Norushen kill, a DPS died and alot of us changed to undergeared toons this tier, worked really well I reckon, managed to beat the enrage even with a decent DPS down.

I called it some weeks ago - resto druids are OP in patch 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    Except we are not.
    The real atonement is a lot more powerful.

um.. how well does this work as a boomkin getting dragged in as a healer? (in boomkin gear)

meaning a boomking at the 10296 haste point, mostly crit gear.
    as the crit from wrath = healing?

I mean... even just using dps trinkets an't that bad for this?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone42 View Post
    um.. how well does this work as a boomkin getting dragged in as a healer? (in boomkin gear)

meaning a boomking at the 10296 haste point, mostly crit gear.
    as the crit from wrath = healing?

I mean... even just using dps trinkets an't that bad for this?!
    If in a fight where you have room to use it, it works pretty well. Crit is probably the optimal stat for it too, so it works even better that way.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    We have far, far stronger things in our kit than the DoC heal.

Speaking of which I'm wondering how long the new efflo will stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Speaking of which I'm wondering how long the new efflo will stay.
    Hopefully long.

I'm enjoying my Glyph of Efflorescence. It's nice and moderate Area of Effect healing.

i don't really think the glyph of efflo will stay as this for so long.

Edit to say: isn't the t15 2p inflating the numbers of efflo, bntw?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    i don't really think the glyph of efflo will stay as this for so long.

Edit to say: isn't the t15 2p inflating the numbers of efflo, bntw?
    Sure, it is.

Rdruid are finally competitive with other healers but I really dont think changes are OP, however in 5.3 they looked like they will be.

> Efflo glyph - very nice change, finally, however quite balaced across the board, efflo is probably strongest but not that much compared to rshams or hpriests.
    > Ysera's gift - doing 4-5% of my healing done
    > Genesis - looked op but in reality I am not finding any really good uses for it so far (but tank healing or charging schrooms), nice tool to play with but definitely nothing op.
    > Schrooms changes - pretty well balanced.
    > HOTW - might be a bit op in some situations, especially in pvp
    > DOC - nice thingie to play with but impossible to use when it comes to 25m progression. You cant use HOTW or NV.

great!! just one more unique niche no longer unique!! im willing to bet all my gold says by the end of next expansion, all healers will play this way, all will have bubbles, and all will officially have no flavor!! same abilities across the board with just diff icons. so, not much different than now, now that i think of it.