Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    His model is fine. But Orgrimmar will need major rebuilding after the devestation of the Siege.

I doubt they'll just blow up the Underhold since it's nearly complete. Something will be put there. Be it the new Grommash Hold, or a replacement for the Valley of Honor.

I think most of the fortifications will be gone as well, because they were heavilly damaged and it'd be madness to try and rebuild them all.

Aesthetically, I think we'll see a lot more troll huts in Orgrimmar proper, not just the Valley of Spirits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Vol'Jin's model is new (added in patch 5.1). I guess they did that then because, well, they already knew he was going to be the new Warchief, he has distinct armor aswell.
    Garrosh's update on the other hand, well, every endboss of an xpac got a new model in their respective xpacs, Garrosh still used the Cata model prior 5.4. And he was in 2 cinematics this patch, using the old, face-expression-less Garrosh would make them look quite dull I guess.
    Bosses also have special animations that players do not. That's likely a large part of why Garrosh got a new model in 5.4.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

That's a gear. Just fashion it on the new model and he'll give all another impression.
    That's the biggest gripe I have with him now that I'm over the initial shock. He's stands almost naked, in charge of an orc army armed and geared to the teeth.

Garrosh was shirtless, but his hulking structure made up for it. Vol'jin's lack of clothing only makes it stand out how primitive his people are.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2013-09-15 at 07:44 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Garrosh was shirtless, but his hulking structure made up for it. Vol'jin's lack of clothing only makes it stand out how primitive his people are.
    Pretty much, and with the bones of Mannoroth used as armor he was a pretty imposing figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I'm thinking Vol'jin will lead the Horde from Grommash Hold (that has a redecorated interior), while Thrall will either remain their to advise him, or set himself up in the Valley of Honor. The Valley of Strength might diversify a bit, at least with some Troll and maybe Tauren guards being added, while the Valley of Honor will perhaps become even more Orc-dominated since I believe it's important for at least one district in the city to be portrayed as the seat of Orcish power even if they no longer lead the Horde as a whole.

As for Vol'jin's model, I could see it getting an update to reflect his new status as leader of the Horde. In MoP I think his model was meant to have a rebel vibe to it, but now he's the leader of a global superpower and should look the part.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Vol'jin's lack of clothing only makes it stand out how primitive his people are.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Durotar's weather can be described as: "like Ragnaros is dry humping you all day long."

He has an updated model and I love it. It most definitely sets him apart from other trolls, he has more facial animation not to mention the obvious...he has a beard.

I doubt any "Troll hut" invasion of Orgrimmar is going to happen. In fact, I doubt any of the Siege areas will be in Orgrimmar in the next expansion.

I mean, it's POSSIBLE, sure. Orgrimmar is still a lot smaller than Stormwind, so maybe they'll give it some of the Underhold to make it larger; but Blizzard (especially the Blizzard of today) would NEVER drastically change Orgrimmar by adding a lot of Troll huts to the Valley of Honor.

Deleted
    I want his beard on my troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Troll Dinomancers joining the ranks of the Horde would be awesome.

Give him pants. That's all I ask, just give him some pants. Raneman did it, and he's an official Blizzard artist. Sorry, image is a little big.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Give him pants. That's all I ask, just give him some pants. Raneman did it, and he's an official Blizzard artist. Sorry, image is a little big.

The image is a little blue square with a question mark. Not too big at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Durotar's weather can be described as: "like Ragnaros is dry humping you all day long."
    The Kor'kron don't seem to mind.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Pretty much, and with the bones of Mannoroth used as armor he was a pretty imposing figure.
    No, just no. Just because you are warchief does not mean you have to change classes and cover yourself in gear. He looks like a Shadow Hunter and he looks like a very imposing one.

He just needs his weapons back and visible. A mask wouldn't work for him, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I'm thinking Vol'jin will lead the Horde from Grommash Hold (that has a redecorated interior), while Thrall will either remain their to advise him, or set himself up in the Valley of Honor. The Valley of Strength might diversify a bit, at least with some Troll and maybe Tauren guards being added, while the Valley of Honor will perhaps become even more Orc-dominated since I believe it's important for at least one district in the city to be portrayed as the seat of Orcish power even if they no longer lead the Horde as a whole.
    I would like to see Grommash Hold to be located again in the Valley of Wisdom or even Valley of Spirits, but I'm pretty sure Blizzard will do nothing like that. About the races, every race should have its presence in the district, with the Orcish one as the most prominent, since they are and remain the larger population.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    No, just no. Just because you are warchief does not mean you have to change classes and cover yourself in gear. He looks like a Shadow Hunter and he looks like a very imposing one.

He just needs his weapons back and visible. A mask wouldn't work for him, imo.
    Intimidating maybe, but not much imposing.

He wasn't a different class when he had that gear, and they dressed him in that way on purpose, since before Cataclysm he "dressed" almost like now. The gear he wore in Cata was still leather but just very well defined and rich, which gave him a much more imposing look, without looking like anything else but a shadow hunter.

About the mask, I think would fit, at least in times of war or while leading troops to battle.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The image is a little blue square with a question mark. Not too big at all.
    Hmm...it isn't on mine... Maybe browsers are being butts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post

This made me laugh way more then it should have xD

OT: I think that Vol'jin himself will actually keep living in the Echo Isles and lead the Horde from there, and that whoever leads the Orcs will stay in Orgrimmar. If this is the way it pans out, I think that Vol'jin will work with the orc leader to fix the city or at least look over plans (approve funds and see that it is done sensibly--since he lived in Org so long he would know what 'works' and what doesnt).

And his first orders of buisness would be--

having shaman 'fix' the elements around the city,
    there would have to be some kind of services for all those lost,
    cleanup
    some kind of renovating to psychologically move people forward past Garrosh's reign.

As far as the Echo Isles--It is my understanding that they also got kind of messed up in the course of all this, so similar acts--and since he is Warchief now and he'd probably be ruling from there, I can envision an extra couple of huts being constructed to house foreign diplomats.

Short-short term after being crowned Warchief and the kind of day they all had in there though, i can see them all going out for a bite to eat, maybe a drink, talking stuff over, and eventually a well-deserved nap

Can you imagine the celebrating on the Isle the first time he went back, after the news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh, so now all the horde needs to start praying to troll gods for guidance?
    Vol'jin owes everything to Bwonsamdi, and Vol'jin is the Warchief.

Bwonsamdi is the only reason Vol'jin took the Echo Isles. He's also the only reason Vol'jin survived Garrosh's assassination. Despite all of this, the Darkspear have largely ignored him. Despite his warnings when he aided them at the Echo Isles, they have yet again failed to give him sacrifices, and pay him proper respects. He has given Vol'jin and the Darkspear two chances to appease him, whereas most of the Loa have abandoned them entirely. I doubt he'll do it again.

He's owed a massive debt, at this point.
    Last edited by CosmicGuitars; 2013-09-16 at 04:37 AM.

The Horde strikes me as being nothing if not a pluralist society, belief wise.

Grommash Hold needs to just be dismantled and something else built in its place. It's a symbol of Garrosh's tyranny, failure, shame.

Vol'jin doesn't need and I highly doubt even wants a "throne" at all. I actually wouldn't mind seeing him rule from a sort of theatre-in-the-round recess in whatever his seat of power is (certainly will be in VoS, since there isn't some big Org redesign coming, but at least get the demon bones out of their and such), dirt floor and fire pit aesthetics. The spirit of the Horde that needs recaptured reaches back to when he, Thrall, Cairne, Rexxar, etc were probably drawing their plans in the dirt with a stick. That's pretty much what they are back to... as much as the context tries to soften the blow, the Horde were a conquered people by the end of this expansion, conquered by invitation, even. The balance in the world's power has shifted sharply toward the Alliance and some WC3 era sticks-in-the-dirt brotherhood is what the Horde should rally around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    He has an updated model and I love it. It most definitely sets him apart from other trolls, he has more facial animation not to mention the obvious...he has a beard.
    But his model will be older than the coming Troll models, his facial animation will be less, so they might as well update him n make him Warchief'ish..

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I doubt any "Troll hut" invasion of Orgrimmar is going to happen. In fact, I doubt any of the Siege areas will be in Orgrimmar in the next expansion.

I mean, it's POSSIBLE, sure. Orgrimmar is still a lot smaller than Stormwind, so maybe they'll give it some of the Underhold to make it larger; but Blizzard (especially the Blizzard of today) would NEVER drastically change Orgrimmar by adding a lot of Troll huts to the Valley of Honor.
    If the Legion invades we may up defending Orgrimmar from a demon siege, that would be cool, to use catapults n what not.

The underhold can always come to use as storage for whatever, food, metal, lumber, stone etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    OT: I think that Vol'jin himself will actually keep living in the Echo Isles and lead the Horde from there, and that whoever leads the Orcs will stay in Orgrimmar. If this is the way it pans out, I think that Vol'jin will work with the orc leader to fix the city or at least look over plans (approve funds and see that it is done sensibly--since he lived in Org so long he would know what 'works' and what doesnt).
    Orc Leader? Who should that be? Eitregg gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    dirt floor and fire pit aesthetics. The spirit of the Horde that needs recaptured reaches back to when he, Thrall, Cairne, Rexxar, etc were probably drawing their plans in the dirt with a stick. That's pretty much what they are back to... as much as the context tries to soften the blow, the Horde were a conquered people by the end of this expansion, conquered by invitation, even. The balance in the world's power has shifted sharply toward the Alliance and some WC3 era sticks-in-the-dirt brotherhood is what the Horde should rally around.
    I remember during wow beta in 2004 the first time I entered Orgrimmar, that it was imposing. The thought to go to back to...dirt? That's like saying the people in the white house should move out to some grassy field cuz they fought the English in the fields.. I think the Horde wants more (characters u mentioned spent their time creating Orgrimmar in wc3), and what are they going to do with all the stonemasons? Tell them to go choose another profession? Uh. There would probably be a Defias style rebellion lol (hmmm horde pirates, that wold be cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMJSQPveOzI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Orc Leader? Who should that be? Eitregg gets my vote.
    I think Thrall or even Saurfang would be more fitting. I love Eitrigg, simply awesome for me, but I would like to see him involved in some other kind of stuff, possibly with Tirion in some future expansion.