Deleted

MW Help needed big noob

I am pretty new to Mistweaver and i am just wondering about a few things to do with Eminence and DPS in general.
    I am just wondering when to incorporate DPS into my healing rotation and how effective Eminence really is, i pretty much have 0 idea of what my singe target MW rotation is if i am attacking the boss, it seem like if i cracking jade lightening then my mana is gone within seconds and same if i am jabbing, also the serpents zeal buff what uptime do i need on that because casting heals like ReM interrupt my auto attacks.

Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/You/advanced

Thanks Guys

Fistweaving isn't very viable anymore. There are cases where you can use it but not many. Blizz basically killed it in the T15 patch.
    You'll want to stick with soothing mists, enveloping mists and expel harm (glyphed) for single target (you can throw a healing sphere or two in there as well).

Fistweaving is actually much more effective than people want to believe the problem that most have with it is the necessary use of Mouseover Macros for heals like RnM,SooM, and Chi Wave to make it much more effective through White dmg w/ Serpent's Zeal up. On top of that 5.4 has made Crit a Much more valuable stat for MWs and scales much better with fistweaving than Int Stacking did/does. As well the change to smart heals benefiting SCK so greatly has made it more worth it to use SCK than Chi Torp in most situations as it generates Chi and deals damage to enemies which turns into eminence, therefore Xuen seems to be pulling ahead of all other lvl90 talents in the tier for just about every boss fight. I currently Double(or more) the Disc in my raid in damage which (especially in 10mans) is extremely valuable to a raid group. Xuen can cleave and so can you which is largely the reason we can deal so much damage as a healing class and its use not to be underestimated. Be mindful though HALF of your Eminence healing comes from your statue and therefore should be placed wisely being that it only has a 20yd range. I primarily place it as close to the tank as possible allowing me to do all my AoE healing that I want and passively heal the tank through all the aforementioned information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fistweaving is still effective, but only during periods of relatively low damage to the raid. During those times keep your Tiger Power and Serpent's Zeal buffs up. To conserve mana use Expel Harm and Renewing Mists to generate chi – only Jab when your meta procs (when you get it). However, you can't rely solely on Fistweaving if you expect to be an effective healer. You need to balance it with single target heals, cooldowns, and especially proper Thunder Focus Tea management. Most of a monk's healing comes from Renewing Mists so the judicious use of Thunder Focus Tea often is the best boost to Mistweaver healing.

Lightningweaving is more mana intensive, but I haven't tried it so I won't comment on it. Seems to only be viable at very high gear levels and then only as an option at times when you would Fistweave (low damage).

It seems most people that have picked up Mistweaver this late in the expansion still seem to be confused about the nature of our healing – "Melee or ranged?, "Should I go fistweaving or go for single target?" The answer is both. Mistweavers need to be able to know when to apply those techniques during a boss encounter.

If you haven't read it yet, Icy Veins has a decent guide: http://www.icy-veins.com/mistweaver-...owns-abilities
    Last edited by Lefeng; 2013-09-17 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are different levels of fist weaving;

at a minimum all you need to do is keep Tiger power and Zeal up and autoattack when ever you aren't actively casting, those auto-attack heals are basically mana free smart heals.

at a maximum, with constat Jab>TP>Jab>TP, you will run out of mana. and intensive Fist weaving like this is best reserved for Damage multiplier phases.

ideally, you should be a flexible healer that can switch between fist weaving and soothing mist-based healing at a moments notice. Also, achieving as close to perfect renewing mist up time as possible should be the first goal you strive for regardless which ever base-healing strategy you are using.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!