Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    My guess is SB:SS dots on Garrosh, Seed of Corruption and then Soul Swap it all the adds before the SoC explodes?
    Spread around full proc powered dots with agony at 10 stacks and SoC (non SB one!) and just watch your dps go mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Xdenek View Post
    What spell rotation are you using for AoE?
    He probably do the same as me: Dot garrosh, haunt, malefic grasp 2x, dot again + SoC with every procs rolling out, and soul swap every mob living.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Affi is very strong on this fight, and IMO leagues ahead of demo or destro.
    I agree. The dots from the pull with all proccs lined up are extremely strong if you swap them around.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    He probably do the same as me: Dot garrosh, haunt, malefic grasp 2x, dot again + SoC with every procs rolling out, and soul swap every mob living.
    I was doing exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Natezz View Post
    I agree. The dots from the pull with all proccs lined up are extremely strong if you swap them around.

If you want a strong pull, Demo is without question stronger on this fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    If you want a strong pull, Demo is without question stronger on this fight.
    for the first phase....MAYBE... for the rest of the fight. no.

for the first phase....MAYBE... for the rest of the fight. no.
    Which is why I prefaced by saying for the pull. Even then, if I actually had H UVLS, there would have only been around 10 Aff locks that actually did more than me.

Also, it's not MAYBE for the pull. It's without a doubt. If you can find an affliction log that does this for the first 20ish seconds, let me know. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13778&e=13793

Deleted
    Also, it's not MAYBE for the pull. It's without a doubt. If you can find an affliction log that does this for the first 20ish seconds, let me know. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13778&e=13793
    Just out of curiosity, are you stacked on the pack to use immo aura? What about Desecrate?

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are you stacked on the pack to use immo aura? What about Desecrate?
    Stay out at range to set up your HoG's, desecrate goes out, Demo leap in, meta, do business.

Honestly thats all just "fluff" though, add damage is semi important first phase but not really that much. Affliction has better overall damage by being able to keep DoT's on Garrosh and weapons the whole fight pretty much. The only significant part where demo outshines Aff on that fight is killing adds in the intermissions and the sha's that spawn in last phase but that's about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    sha's that spawn in last phase but that's about it.
    You really don't want to aoe those though :P

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    You really don't want to aoe those though :P
    I didn't mean AoE them silly

I meant demo is more efficient at single targeting them down quickly compared to aff. In my group we weren't usually in range of boss when those went out so I could not SS DoT's from boss to sha's so demo ended up being better at killing them quickly compared to aff.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    Honestly thats all just "fluff" though, add damage is semi important first phase but not really that much. Affliction has better overall damage by being able to keep DoT's on Garrosh and weapons the whole fight pretty much. The only significant part where demo outshines Aff on that fight is killing adds in the intermissions and the sha's that spawn in last phase but that's about it.
    I mean, if you aren't using the ironstars to kill the adds, it's not fluff damage... There is no wasted dps on this fight. Every smidgeon of dmg you deal matters. And I'll say again, yes the Aff fanboys have already drilled it into everyone's head that Aff is superior and that its single target better. Hell, I play Aff for a few fights in SoO. But, when you factor in things that can't really be quantified, Demo is the better progression spec imo.

Destruction only if you have problems with breaking people. If not just be affliction for max single target damage. Demo falls off too much after p1 to make it worth playing

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if you aren't using the ironstars to kill the adds, it's not fluff damage... There is no wasted dps on this fight. Every smidgeon of dmg you deal matters. And I'll say again, yes the Aff fanboys have already drilled it into everyone's head that Aff is superior and that its single target better. Hell, I play Aff for a few fights in SoO. But, when you factor in things that can't really be quantified, Demo is the better progression spec imo.
    Demo is not the better spec for Garrosh, it is wasted dps because it is blatant padding dpsing the adds below 50% because the Ironstar will kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Demo is not the better spec for Garrosh, it is wasted dps because it is blatant padding dpsing the adds below 50% because the Ironstar will kill them.
    I mean, if you aren't using the ironstars to kill the adds, it's not fluff damage. There is no wasted dps on this fight. Every smidgeon of dmg you deal matters. And I'll say again, yes the Aff fanboys have already drilled it into everyone's head that Aff is superior and that its single target better. Hell, I play Aff for a few fights in SoO. But, when you factor in things that can't really be quantified, Demo is the better progression spec imo.

"I mean, if you aren't using the ironstars to kill the adds, it's not fluff damage."
    Why would you not use the ironstars to kill adds?????

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Why would you not use the ironstars to kill adds?????
    I'm not RL, I don't make that call.

I'm not RL, I don't make that call.
    Oh
    10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why I prefaced by saying for the pull. Even then, if I actually had H UVLS, there would have only been around 10 Aff locks that actually did more than me.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=2172&e=2201

theres an affi lock doing more than that for 30 seconds instead of 20. So as i said... MAYBE.

also ill point out the fact that affi is also better for the rest of the fight as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if you aren't using the ironstars to kill the adds, it's not fluff damage. There is no wasted dps on this fight. Every smidgeon of dmg you deal matters. And I'll say again, yes the Aff fanboys have already drilled it into everyone's head that Aff is superior and that its single target better. Hell, I play Aff for a few fights in SoO. But, when you factor in things that can't really be quantified, Demo is the better progression spec imo.
    I fail to see how demo is the "better progression spec" when you yourself said theres no "fluff" damage, and in that case affi pulls even farther ahead with better single target, and better multi-target cleave. Ill agree that demo is a viable spec, but its not the best spec for progression.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2013-09-17 at 08:42 PM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=2172&e=2201

theres an affi lock doing more than that for 30 seconds instead of 20. So as i said... MAYBE.

also ill point out the fact that affi is also better for the rest of the fight as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I fail to see how demo is the "better progression spec" when you yourself said theres no "fluff" damage, and in that case affi pulls even farther ahead with better single target, and better multi-target cleave. Ill agree that demo is a viable spec, but its not the best spec for progression.
    If there was even 1 more raid member that did competent AOE, he wouldn't have done that well. My adds died in 15 seconds. At least find a log that resembles the one you are comparing to...

If you fail to see the advantages of an AOE interrupt, unmatched mobility and leap, more stuns, full AOE dps while simultaneously doing full single target dps, on-demand burst whether AOE or single target, and a preferred multi-dot non-spread damage output on a fight like protectors or paragons... then I don't know what to tell you. Even if demo is 10% below Aff on dmg, it is by far the best for killing bosses for the first time.

I'm tired of trying to justify non-quantitative things. Play what you want and have fun.

I've never felt as clunky as Demo as on this fight. If you're progressing I feel Destro might be a good option because the rotation is so much easier to handle. Or just go Affli if you have strong AoE in the group.

What AoE interrupt are you even talking about, Mazda? Carrion Swarm? Other specs have knockbacks too you know...