Hurricane/Astral Storm

Curious to hear how other Balance druids are handling moments of burst aoe in this tier. On Lei Shen last tier, I would always be near the top of the dps charts for my raid until the ball lightnings came out and then I would plummet. Having the same concern with Sha of Pride when the self reflections pop. It seems like I can only pull competitive numbers when I manage to go into solar eclipse a moment before the aoe is needed (so NG will be up). But delaying an eclipse to make sure this timing works out perfectly results in a sizeable dps loss. And once the aoe phase is done, I’m left sitting far away from the next eclipse without NG to help me get there. On fights with little adds that need to be burst aoe-d down, seems like we have to chose between sacrificing single target dps or aoe dps. Maybe I should just accept the fact that I’m never going to be very high on the meters for these types of fights but that feels like an excuse.

I know that people have complained about hurricane/astral storm and the complete lack of synergy with our eclipse mechanic for pretty much the entire expansion and, to my knowledge, Blizzard has never commented on the issue. Wondering how other moonkin are coping with these issues. Do you delay eclipses to push AOE? Just let the other classes handle burst aoe? Is it even worth casting hurricane/storm when not in solar with NG? Just very frustrating to see such lackluster numbers when we have to micromanage so much to even hit that amount. DOC certainly helps but burst aoe still feels leagues behind every other class.

For Sha...
    Idk, they die too fast in my raid for it to even be worth casting a hurricane.

About all I do is pre-plant mushrooms and detonate them if I happen to be in solar when they pop.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

Had the same issue on H Immmerseus yesterday. I ended up pretty much nuking the boss to clear his stacks (mitigating with Cloak) and letting our warlock go ham with adds. If I happened to be in Solar with NG/Meta or Lust still up and the adds weren't all over the place I'd let hurricane tick for a little bit. But in general for these short AoE groups that are easily handled by others, I'll most likely be keeping to single-target and hope our warlocks/mages/most other classes understand what a pain it is for us when reading skada.

Same here, most of the time I just find a dps loss to hurricane things unless able to plan ahead and get to solar with ng. Usually I just rely on our hunter and lock to take care of little and keep dpsing the boss. Like, after having Lei Shen on farm i'd just keep nuking him and ignore the adds, they'd die too quickly for me to even bother.

There's classes better suited to AOE'ing adds. Worry about meter padding after progression is over for your raid.