Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sen. Lindsey Graham to seek authorization for U.S. attack on Iran

"Look how we've handled the chemical weapons threat in Syria," Graham said. "If we duplicate that with the Iranians, they're going to march toward a nuclear weapon and dare Israel to attack them. So in the next six months, our friends in Israel are going to have to take the Iranians on, unless the United States can send a clear signal to Iran, unlike what we've sent to Syria.

"The mixed message and the debacle called Syria can't be repeated when it comes to Iran," Graham continued. "So here's what I’m going to do. I'm going to get a bipartisan coalition together. We're going to put together a use-of-force resolution allowing our country to use military force as a last resort to stop the Iranian nuclear program, to make sure they get a clear signal that all this debacle about Syria doesn't mean we're confused about Iran."

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?
    He just wants to go to war with someone?
    This is the same guy saying a few weeks ago a nuclear weapon was going to hit his state.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sen.-l...rticle/2536040.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like this guy has a screw loose, or he's just foaming at the mouth or something o.0
    I dream of a time when we no longer have to make threats to other countries to get our way. /sigh

Man at some point these kinds of bills actually hurt us. I mean shit to some outsider it looks like the US government is now contemplating declaring war against Iran.

They should recall him. Calling openly for a war is an egregious breach of trust and he has no place as a public figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    They should recall him. Calling openly for a war is an egregious breach of trust and he has no place as a public figure.
    But if he's not in office we won't get any more John Stewart southern belle impersonations of him....

Deleted
    I don't understand what's the big deal with Iran. Sure, they might've been dealing somehow with nuclear weapons, I'm not entirely clear on that part to be honest, but it's not like the people are Orwellian-y opressed, they get to choose their own president and everything. Can someone elaborate why the US is so hostile against Iran of all countries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    But if he's not in office we won't get any more John Stewart southern belle impersonations of him....
    hahaha
    As much as I love seeing him do that, I'd rather see him go. Stewart is good at those though

I've got to say, I'm super happy to have Stewart back at the Daily Show desk. I know a lot of people loved John Oliver's stuff, but I don't think he's in the same league. I usually watch the Daily Show from the previous night with my morning coffee, and the Graham bits have just been absolutely classic.

A dumbass being a dumbass, nothing new here.

I've got to say, I'm super happy to have Stewart back at the Daily Show desk. I know a lot of people loved John Oliver's stuff, but I don't think he's in the same league. I usually watch the Daily Show from the previous night with my morning coffee, and the Graham bits have just been absolutely classic.
    Oliver did as well a job as I think could be expected. Can't be easy to get thrown into that.

Oliver did as well a job as I think could be expected. Can't be easy to get thrown into that.
    Absolutely. I kept telling myself that when Stewart took over for Kilbourne, I didn't quite like it... it takes awhile to grow into the position. I just missed the usual show for the last couple months though. The Carlos Danger bits were fantastic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. I kept telling myself that when Stewart took over for Kilbourne, I didn't quite like it... it takes awhile to grow into the position. I just missed the usual show for the last couple months though. The Carlos Danger bits were fantastic though.
    Agreed! I loved those

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Graham and McCain are war-mongering idiots. No surprises here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't give Obama ideas.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    and this is why Lindsay Graham is most likely going to lose his seat to a more conservative/libertarian candidate in 2014..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude....we don't need to attack Syria AND IRAN. Geez, two front war. I swear, it's like this guy is either trolling(The senator) or he is the biggest moron the US has ever seen. Good god such stupidity. We're already close to be involved in Syria let alone IRAN.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Dude....we don't need to attack Syria AND IRAN. Geez, two front war. I swear, it's like this guy is either trolling(The senator) or he is the biggest moron the US has ever seen. Good god such stupidity. We're already close to be involved in Syria let alone IRAN.
    he's doing it to appease Obama.. the Syria thing really hurt Obama politically.. and the GOP "old guard" who are accustomed to just getting the table scraps tossed out by Democrats.. is trying to give Obama back his credibility in order to hopefully get scratched behind his ears and a pat on his head..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    he's doing it to appease Obama.. the Syria thing really hurt Obama politically.. and the GOP "old guard" who are accustomed to just getting the table scraps tossed out by Democrats.. is trying to give Obama back his credibility in order to hopefully get scratched behind his ears and a pat on his head..
    You missed your calling on cable news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    I suppose he has a good reason...
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed your calling on cable news.
    My head is hurting wondering if he's serious or not.

But anyway. I think senility is sneaking up on Graham.