Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] How much haste?

So assuming you have 5% raid spell haste buff + 5% from Ancestral Swiftness, then this is the break down:

-At 871 haste, you gain an additional tick of Earthliving Weapon, an additional tick of Riptide and an additional tick of Healing Rain.
    -At 5676 haste, you gain a second additional tick of Riptide.
    -At 7613 haste, you gain a second additional tick of Healing Rain.
    -At 12115 haste, you gain a third additional tick of Riptide.
    -At 15316 haste, you gain a third additional tick of Healing Rain.

(I've left out HST and HTT values due to the latency issues)

These days I don't raid in progression pushing guilds any longer, I'm pretty casual. I tend to run with 10man guilds that do normal mode clears + a few hard modes each tier. So my gear level is appropriate to that kind of raiding. Nevertheless I'm in a decent group and we tend to 2 heal when ever we can. At the start of ToT I went for 871 haste then all crit....by the end of ToT I went with 5676 haste then all crit. All this time keep mastery at 50% (I'm not sure if this is still a valid thing though??)

I've noticed some of the top rshamies (given their gear) go for immense amounts of haste. What would you recommend for someone raiding at my level? What is the best haste cap to reach for now? And later into this tier? Is 50% mastery still worth forging into?
    Last edited by Drarim; 2013-09-19 at 04:27 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My rShaman is my alt and it's around 532ilvl now. I haven't tried speccing into the 15k haste breakpoint yet, I don't think I have the gear. That and I normally heal 10 mans. My opinion is:

• For 10mans: Spirit > Haste (7613) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    I capped my spirit at 13k. My crit with the 5% crit buff is at around 22%. My mastery is at 55% (even though on all of my gear I'm mostly reforged out of mastery) and my haste is capped at 7613. I like it this way because crit gives mana back due to resurgence. You also really don't need above 50% mastery and you will hit that point anyways even if you reforge out.

For 25mans I'm not sure because I don't really heal 25s. Stacking haste doesn't sound like a horrible idea, if you have the gear to hit the 15k~ haste breakpoint. I can imagine that would require quite a bit of gear. After that though, I'd go crit.

I'm in your exact situation and for my Resto I run

12k Spirit (Casually gaming Totemic Recall for more mana)
    7613 Haste for the HR on stack fights. We stack Protectors, Nuroshen, Sha (Current progress) I may take this down to 3775 for Galrakas, Iron Jugg and Dark Shaman
    Then dumping Crit into everything else

Red Slots have Int 160
    Yellow Have Int + Haste

10+ Year Old Account
    My stat Priority is

Spirit > Haste > Crit >= Mastery

I have been aiming for the 7613 breakpoint, but I actually have close to 7900 haste to help with latency. My Resto gear is 525ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I have been aiming for the 7613 breakpoint, but I actually have close to 7900 haste to help with latency. My Resto gear is 525ilvl.
    there should be no latency issue for the HR breakpoint, only the totems. i run ~9000 to account for the next HST tick.

I run 9000 as well, but am going up to 12115 as soon as I can get an amp trinket. The riptide BP itself isn't a huge deal for 25m, but that's only ~650 rating over the HTT BP, and with latency accounted for I'd be up near 12k anyway. So 12115 makes the most sense. Staying there until gear allows to get to 15316 comfortably; this might not be until nearly full heroic gear though.

Deleted
    I am at 9100 haste with Amp trinket. i don't think i will go any further. I dont think its really worth it.
    13k Spirit is sufficient, rest goes Crit. Maybe i will drop more Spirit for more crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marklar View Post
    there should be no latency issue for the HR breakpoint, only the totems. i run ~9000 to account for the next HST tick.
    Ah as I understood it, it was for all the heals.. oh well I guess I just have more than needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run at ~9k haste now to account for latency. That additional HST tick when using Rushing Streams seems like a lovely idea, particularly for spread encounters.

I just removed my purple gems and replaced them with orange ones due to having received a chest with baseline spirit on it. So I'm maintaining the spirit level that I'm used to while grabbing large amounts of secondary stats to boot.

For you guys running at 9k haste to try and get the extra totem ticks, what kind of latency do you have during raids?

I've been running Crit > Spirit > Haste >> Mastery and have been very happy with it. Ilevel 539. I end up with 35% crit chance, somewhere around 12500 spirit, and 4.2k haste. The more crit the better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarim View Post
    For you guys running at 9k haste to try and get the extra totem ticks, what kind of latency do you have during raids?
    I run at ~ 80 home & world, and when I tested it I had to go all the way up to 9220 to get 100% of the expected HST ticks. That was in 5.2 but wouldn't expect it to change.

Finally got my pre-legendary cloak cloak, hopefully get around to getting the final product over this weekend!

Currently @ ilvl 543 and I have 10,276 haste o.O, I gem + 80 int + 180 haste gems in my yellow and red sockets. Have my eye on the next tick of Earthliving Weapon @ 10,513, but haven't made my mind up yet. I'm happy with my build for 10 man raiding, we got Malkorok down on Wednesday and looking to get a couple more down on Monday.

My home and world ms are both 43
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarim View Post
    I asked a friendly moonkin for their haste aura and got 11 ticks of HST at slightly below 9k - my gear and gem change came after that - I *think* that that's the amount that I am supposed to get? Latency is usually around 14-16 ms home and world. I only did one test run though. I might try and analyze last night's logs too.

You don't even need to ask someone to give you the haste buff to test breakpoints - you can just go Ele and drop HST/HTT - that gives you the 5% spell haste buff to play around with breakpoints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    You don't even need to ask someone to give you the haste buff to test breakpoints - you can just go Ele and drop HST/HTT - that gives you the 5% spell haste buff to play around with breakpoints.
    *blushes* Oh this is so embarrassing. I totally forgot that. Shows that I don't play ele in any semi-professional way >_<

I run a little more spirit since a few healers want it. Hoping to remove some of it here shortly though as they gear up and get more comfortable. Currently my stats are:

13.7k Spirit
    46% Mastery
    7613 Haste Break Point
    19.5% Crit

All with no buffs. When I get an Amp Trinket I'm going to shoot for ~9200 haste for the extra Healing Stream tick and I'm hoping to get my spirit down to 13k. My current ideal loot wishlist has me avoiding mastery like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    Finally got my pre-legendary cloak cloak, hopefully get around to getting the final product over this weekend!

Currently @ ilvl 543 and I have 10,276 haste o.O, I gem + 80 int + 180 haste gems in my yellow and red sockets. Have my eye on the next tick of Earthliving Weapon @ 10,513, but haven't made my mind up yet. I'm happy with my build for 10 man raiding, we got Malkorok down on Wednesday and looking to get a couple more down on Monday.

My home and world ms are both 43
    if you have that much haste already, then of course you should reforge it up to 10,513 or drop down to the next earlier breakpoint.

i ran the ELW breakpoint for much of T15 and i was happy with it for 10-man. so far this tier, ELW is ~3-4% of my healing (seemed higher last tier), and i think the extra tick is a 20% bump, so you can expect about 0.75% overall healing increase. the nice side benefit is that it pretty much guarantees that previous HST breakpoint. you just have to decide if that extra ELW is worth the 1000+ crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw dangit, I need more haste than I thought.

I did some extensive testing and recording tonight.

Seems like I got a few lucky flukes at 9k or something like that the other day. Maybe it was due to my internet being a big laggy that day despite latency being at my usual levels. At 9230 haste, I found I couldn't even get a reliable 11th tick. So I swapped in another haste-hybrid-gem and am sitting at 9390 now. Number of ticks is reliable. Is it possible that, the lower your latency is, the more haste you'll need to get your desired number of ticks consistently?

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss
    Is it possible that, the lower your latency is, the more haste you'll need to get your desired number of ticks consistently?
    I'm fairly sure it works the other way around. The lower your latency is, the less haste you'll need.

I just made the switch to the ~9k cap today. 9237 Is what ended up working for me. I float around 40-50 latency usually.